What Movie is this from?

Tools    

Semper Fooey
I put this on the IMDb board and they aren't getting better title suggestions, but it looks like it could be a New Zealand movie from this post:

by yurenchu 22 minutes ago (Sun Apr 1 2012 21:13:31) Ignore this User | Report Abuse
There must be a better picture, since we are looking at a photo of a photo on someone's computer. Whether that original photo is still available somewhere on the internet, is unknown though.

The car is a New Zealand police car, more specifically a Holden Commodore (VS, VR or even before; at least 15 years old).

Here is a picture of a collectible die cast model:
http://www.smalltorque.com/models/index.php?route=product/product& keyword=nz&product_id=51

The "POLICE" lettering with the slanted line on the side, the blue-orange coloring, and the blue-white arrows are typical of New Zealand police cars. Just do a Google Image search and you'll find some examples. Here is a page dedicated to New Zealand Police vehicles: http://www.111emergency.co.nz/N-R/PolicePatrols.htm, in particular have a look at page 1, 3, and 10.

It's *not* an American car; you can tell that the steering wheel is at the righthand side. (I also think the chances are very slim that an American police force would use exactly the same look and lettering style for their cars as the New Zealand police force.)
It may not be New Zealand because someone found that advertising on the police car was on some United States police cars during a certain time period.
If you're talking about the post on that movie forum that you linked to, it didn't say that the campaign slogan was used on police cars in the United States.

Moreover, I don't see any evidence that the exact same slogan was used by an American organization; the slogan used by the FHWA/NHTSA is slightly different than here in the picture.

By the way, the car is not an American Ford Crown Vic because those cars appear to have the fuel cap always at the lefthand side, while this car clearly has the fuel cap on the righthand side.

This appears to be a very popular thread. It just won't go away.

Well if it is a New Zealand film, then this list should cover most of them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nd_films#1980s

Race For The Yankee Zephyr from 1981 does have a plane crash in it but that may be too early.

Semper Fooey
Using Saturn's list, I found a movie about a car that kills people. I don't think it is it, though. I will try to watch it later, looks interesting.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Here is a list of all movies set in New Zealand, I don't think this can possibly be all of them but I have looked through the list and can't find one that sounds right, maybe someone else will have more luck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...in_New_Zealand

Not sure if this is right or if this even matters but I think the NZ cop car in the pic looks more like the NZ Nissan Maxima police cars.

Well if it is a New Zealand film, then this list should cover most of them:
A great Kiwi flick!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
^ That is a really good movie, I have seen it a couple of times but I can't think of any scene that would fit the screenshot just from what I can remember of the storyline.

i Just thought Of Jeepers Creepers, Or something like that i forget... Ill keep thinking too Now im intrigued... Hope that helps xD

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I don't know if this means anything at all or helps in any way but I cut the picture up into smaller pictures and ran them through the good old google image site, there is a remarkable amount of Asian type stuff that comes up especially the picture with the cop car and the picture at the bottom left with the top of the guys head.

]

I'm sorry to bump this but this seems to have never been answered, was wondering if anybody came across anything? I still haven't...

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I am still looking, watching my way through 90's New Zealand cinema, there are still some movies that I cannot get ahold of. I really hope this isn't just somebody's idea of a joke and made this up with photoshop or something like that.

I've just spotted something. 5 die in the crash and there's a photo at the bottom right of 5 guys.
One of them looks like John Leguizamo... any know of a movie with John where he died in a car accident?
It won't be The Happening though, there was no newpaper reports of that stuff.

Regards your comment aka about working your way through all the New Zealand films, if you haven't already watched "Race For The Yankee Zephyr" from 1981, then please don't bother. I watched it last night and it's definitely not what we are looking for.

Regards the notice board photo being a possible joke, well our Op (ThatGuy) said in a previous page on this thread, "I still got nothing lol I'm gonna ask my local video store if i can get a printout of previous rentals haha it's worth a shot". So from that comment I guess our Op definitely remembers seeing that notice board photo in an actual rented film. It would be very unlikely that a notice board like that would be located at a private home or even a business, so I guess it was probably located in a Police station. That probably won't help much though.

Directed to this thread by PM because I'm from NZ.. I've been racking my brain, and that of Google's to help a brutha out, for the last couple hours. I can't find a thing. The closest I came to a "Mysterious crash" was a film called Spooked starring Cliff Curtis.. That was a reach.

I don't recognize any of the men pictured in that screen shot.. I mean they SEEM familiar because they look like average kiwis from the 80's-90's but nothing distinct enough to lend a hand. I could do with more info about the movie, but this thread is 4 pages long, surely if you had more info this would be dead. I'll continue doing my head in as far as I can. Someone should get a prize for figuring this one out!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I started watching a NZ film called Crush (1992) earlier today (you can watch the whole thing on IMDB) but haven't gotten very far, there is a NZ movie called Spooked (2004) but I can't get ahold of it anywhere, these are just 2 random movies that have car crashes in them so I'm not expecting to much.

I started watching a NZ film called Crush (1992) earlier today (you can watch the whole thing on IMDB) but haven't gotten very far, there is a NZ movie called Spooked (2004) but I can't get ahold of it anywhere, these are just 2 random movies that have car crashes in them so I'm not expecting to much.
We both found Spooked Cliff Curtis was the only person to die in that crash so that's ruled out.