Star Wars Movie Analysis - Why? I need Answers!

Tools    

You are all wrong, to have balance you need to have dark and light in equal terms, there can't exist good without evil...

A system of cells interlinked
Hey! Thanks, genius!

Catch up to the conversation, please. We are talking about a fictional story told in the Star Wars series. In the story, an imbalance is created in the force when evil takes over the entire universe. This is stated in the film, and the main objective of the films in 'restoring balance to the force'. which is stated multiple times in the films. You can refute this with whatever sophomoric real world philosophy you chose, but it will be irrelevant, as we are talking about a fictional concept.

So no, we aren't wrong, in regards to the story of Star Wars. Even within that framework, we are correct, as evil was not destroyed, but diminished to the point that, you guessed it, balance was restored to the force. A balance of good an evil.

But hey, thanks for stopping by!

Yes, but i still think that you are wrong...

I think anikin never tried to kill the emperor because he knew that would not win because he is more machine than human, if he was 100% human he could have take the emperor and yoda himself...

About what? No one made the claim you are refuting, so please, explain how we are wrong. You see, we didn't make the story up; George Lucas did. If you think he is wrong, you know, in his clearly fictional and unrealistic story that he created and therefore set the rules for, than please, enlighten all us wrong people about whatever it is you think we are wrong about.

The burden lies with you, as you are the one the showed up pointing fingers at everyone else in the thread, a thread which you clearly can't grasp, claiming they are all "wrong". You then state some cockamamie, sophomoric, half-baked philosophy that looks like it came off of a cereal box, or perhaps out of a fortune cookie.
Yes, we know. We understand that in reality, evil must exist for there to be the concept of good. This is painfully, ridiculously academic.

Now, how about getting on topic and talking about STAR WARS, eh?

HELLOOOOOOOOO? Anyone home?

This thread pertains to a specific discussion about specific characters in a fictional story.

You see, on this forum, when people toss out a random opinion with little or no information backing it up, they don't get taken very seriously. Especially when the opinion has nothing to do with the topic at had.

Sayyyyyyyyyy, how about heading on over to the Skywalker Ranch contact page, and sending 'ol George an email!

I will write it for you:

Dear George,

You are wrong! I said so!

Love,

The guy who actually knows what Star Wars is REALLY about!

look each one has its own way of seeing things, no need to insult

you see the films but the star wars universe is more than that, when Lucas did the screenplay he never thought he would create a vast universe

And i was talking about the caracters ok smartass

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
So, this is a good time to remind everyone, don't smoke crack.

A few things:

First, don't double-and-triple post unless necessary. If you have several things to say, they don't need to be expressed in several posts. One post will do fine.

Second, I'm pretty certain that your assertion that Lucas had "no idea" he would create an entire universe is false. From what I've heard, there was plenty of backstory conceived early on. Are you basing this claim on anything?

Third, you clearly didn't read (or comprehend) the discussion in this thread before posting. It's not about the relationship between good and evil (though I think you're wrong about that, too).

I really have no idea how you can claim that if Anakin were "fully human" he'd be able to defeat the Emperor, or that this factored into his apparent inability to do so. I'm all for reasoned speculation, and it's all just analyzing fiction, but the fact is that a lot's been written and said about this fiction by the very people who have created it. It's not always a matter of one perception over another: there are actually some settled facts within this fictional world.

when Lucas did the screenplay he never thought he would create a vast universe
Watch the box set extras for a detailed refutation of your claim by Lucas himself.

lucas uses a vast sum of legends and makes a story for the 70's he got lucky, in request for me to elaborate my topics its dificult because i think in another language and its dificult to explain all in english

Lucas may have gotten a little lucky that his project became as huge as it did, sure. He still made some great movies, though, so I'd say the luck is only responsible for them being really, really huge, rather than just pretty huge.

Regardless, none of this seems terribly relevant to the topic at hand. Lucas mapped out a lot of this in advance, and while we're all free to speculate, I don't think we're in a position to contradict the creator of Star Wars when he says things about it. Some things, then, are beyond mere interpretation, and are established "fact" inside this world.

look each one has its own way of seeing things, no need to insult
I don't recall insulting anyone personally. I did however go after your poor ideas with a vengeance. Deal with it with a solid reply.

you see the films but the star wars universe is more than that, when Lucas did the screenplay he never thought he would create a vast universe
Irrelevant. What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

And [i] was talking about the c[h]aracters ok [smart ass]
Ah, I see. So in the original post in which you stated that we are "all wrong", and that good and evil need to co-exist for there to be balance...you were talking about...which characters again?

Because I see no characters mentioned at all, just the other forum members, and amateur philosophy.

And finally, I won't return the multiple (unfounded) negative reputation you gave me, because that would be pretty petty. You haven't done anything to deserve negative rep.

Meanwhile, you have yet to address the issues at hand, instead resorting to ad hominem attacks on the people debating your ideas.

You're losing the debate, btw.

lucas uses a vast sum of legends and makes a story for the 70's he got lucky, in request for me to elaborate my topics its dificult because i think in another language and its dificult to explain all in english
Fair enough - I will take that into account in the future.

As you may have guessed, we don't mess around here. I have no disrespect for you, personally, and I think i have articulated myself as such. However, I think your claims are full of hot air, so to speak.

Watch the box set extras for a detailed refutation of your claim by Lucas himself.
Lucas turns here the money is, if he made the movie today instead of 1977 would be a flop, I'm a fan of star wars for years and i like all star wars movies excluding the movies made for tv Ewoks: The Battle for Endor, if he had win the battle with obi he could have killed the emperor

There's really no way to judge that kind of thing. The things that would make Lucas' films less successful today (namely, the influx of effects-driven action films) are the things that the original films helped cause in the first place. There's no way to simply move the films around in time.

Anyway, I think the financial (if not critical) success of Episidoes I, II, and III, indicates that the films would hardly "flop" today.

Not sure what can really be gleaned from the fact that Anakin lost to Obi-Wan. His anger got the better of him and it cost him dearly; by the time we see him in Episode IV, he's a great deal calmer in general, it would seem. I don't know how this really tells us anything about who he would or would not defeat, or why the fact that he's part-machine would particularly matter.

Fair enough - I will take that into account in the future.

As you may have guessed, we don't mess around here. I have no disrespect for you, personally, and I think i have articulated myself as such. However, I think your claims are full of hot air, so to speak.
the topic was started because of a character but when it comes to star wars that is irrelevant, you have to go to past and future to understand a character

There's really no way to judge that kind of thing. The things that would make Lucas' films less successful today (namely, the influx of effects-driven action films) are the things that the original films helped cause in the first place. There's no way to simply move the films around in time.

Anyway, I think the financial (if not critical) success of Episidoes I, II, and III, indicates that the films would hardly "flop" today.

Not sure what can really be gleaned from the fact that Anakin lost to Obi-Wan. His anger got the better of him and it cost him dearly; by the time we see him in Episode IV, he's a great deal calmer in general, it would seem. I don't know how this really tells us anything about who he would or would not defeat, or why the fact that he's part-machine would particularly matter.
The movies I II III were so successful because fanatics like me and many who saw the IV V VI went to see the new, it helps a lot you know

I think he lost the fight because of his ego

I agree to a point, but in this particular situation, we were debating exact dialogue that was spoken in the films, pertaining to whether or not Anakin was indeed the chosen one.

As for background on Star Wars, I do have a fair amount:

I was there in the theater in 1977, watching the film when it opened. Same goes for all the following/preceding stories.

I have read every Star Wars script I was able to obtain, including all the rough drafts with the Starkiller family.

I watched every Star Wars special, including the terrible Star Wars Holiday Special in 1978. I probably shouldn't admit that.

I have watched all the extras on the Special Edition DVD set that was released a few years ago, including the four hour documentary on the Star Wars Legacy and Universe.

I have read several of the Star Wars novels, including the allegedly "official" novels that are meant to cover the events after Return of the Jedi.

Add to that the lengthy discussion over the years on the mythology behind the films, and the subsequent mythology that developed after the first films release, and I feel I have a somewhat decent grasp on the aim of the material, flawed as some of it is. I am no expert, though.

I can think of a couple of other forum members here whose Star Wars knowledge far surpasses mine.