Films You Haven't Been Able To Find Anywhere Yet

Tools    

theres one being sold for 3 usd (or best offer so you might get it even cheaper)

you`ll have to check the shipping though!

The Funeral - Juzo Itami
The Idiots - Lars von Trier
Tokyo Olympiad - Kon Ichikawa
The Eel - Shohei Imamura
These are also on ebay,but the tokyo olympiad was insanly expensive however it was also on vhs to a more reasonable price
-if bying and not watching it online was what you wanted

Thelomeris: City of Darkness. Hungarian cyberpunk movie with Mark Hamill and 5 years later it's STILL in development?

I don't actually wear pants.
Not many, but one I want to see is Murder on D Street, but I can't find it. With YouTube, Prime, and Netflix, finding films isn't as difficult as it once was.

Here's an interesting movie I was reading about the other day - it's considered one of the worst sequels of all time.

It was so bad that a Director's Cut was re-released changing a lot of the plot. I've heard now that the original is almost impossible to find, and only available on rare VHS copies (or Laserdisk in Japan - if you remember what that is).

Trust me, I saw this in the theater in El Paso back in the day. You want the Renegade Edit. You do not want to watch the theatrical version. What happened was the production company went way over budget. There is insurance for when that happens. Once the insurance was triggered, the insurance company took over and edited the movie in a really messed up style. There is a fight scene in the middle of the movie which is a splicing together of two different fight scenes from two different parts of the movie (as seen in the proper Renegade Edit). The sword that The Highlander is using swaps between frames and cuts during the fight scene as does the background location. Also, in the theatrical cut, the immortals are from the planet Zeist. They were sent to Earth as a punishment for rising up against the tyrants on Zeist. In the Renegade edit, they remove mention of Zeist and place the futuristic sci-fi scenes in the future, so that they are sent back in time to live their lives and fight each other rather then being sent to a different planet to live their lives and fight each other. Either way, it make Earth (or the past) a type of island prison.

I used to have about 200 movies on laser disc back in the day. I sold my laser disc player, my laser disc movies and my LPs back in 2003. The one that went for a lot of money was the laser disc collection of the original the Star Wars trilogy.

The movies that I want on Blu-Ray in the US are Whoops Apocalypse! and The Pope Must Die. Both of which I have on VHS, but both of which have never been released digitally here in the USA. They are literally the only reason that I still have a VHS player.

Edit: P.S. And I really, really want to see The Day the Clown Cried. I do not know if it will ever be available to purchase, but it is so remarkable for so many reasons that I would love to see it.

Most interesting man in the world
Jacques Rivette's La religieuse.

I saw that its pretty good. 7 /10

Much better than " a Nuns story " I've Seen a couple of
Nun movies.. I would recommend " the trouble with aNgels" , " where aNgels go trouble follows "
and " 2 mules for sister Sara "

There's a 2013 version
Saw it in French with English subs

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Nun_(1966_film)

Make a better place
Yes

Bad Seed 2000

I want to watch it so bad because Like Wilson is the main actor and I've watched all the movies where he's the main or supporting

Some films I've been looking for lately, but haven't been able to find yet (in the right aspect ratio or in a respectable quality):

Castaway (1986) [Nicolas Roeg]
Insignificance (1985) [Nicolas Roeg]
A Wedding (1978) [Robert Altman]

and of course...

California Split (1974) [Robert Altman] - The 108 minutes version in the right aspect ratio!

For the longest time I had wanted to see Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story by Todd Haynes, and thanks to this thread I found it on youtube:

--

The Eel is a fantastic film from what I remember of it, I would highly recommend it, but please bare in mind that it is pretty depressing.

--

I also want to see an unedited version The Day the Clown Cried. Apparently, a copy of it is in the Library of Congress, so perhaps one day it will find itself somewhere to be seen. For those of you who are interested there is a modified version online:

--

The Idiots is available on Amazon used and new (it says all regions, but a comment mentions that it might be locked so be forwarned):

https://www.amazon.com/Idiots-Idiote...he+idiots+lars

--

Last but not least, The Magnificent Ambersons is an incredibly watchable movie as-is, and I highly recommend it as well. However, this is also a movie I would love to see with the deleted scenes added back. Unfortunately, I have yet to see any mention of it being even remotely possible.

My current list of films I REALLY would love to see but haven't been able to find in the right quality/form/version:

California Split (1974) [Robert Altman] - 108 minutes version in 2.35:1 aspect ratio
A Wedding (1978) [Robert Altman]
Castaway (1986) [Nicolas Roeg]
Savage Messiah (1972) [Ken Russell]
Valentino (1977) [Ken Russell]
Age of Consent (1969) [Michael Powell]
Saint Jack (1979) [Peter Bogdanovich]
I Love You, Daddy (2017) [Louis C.K.]

I tried buying The Emperor and the golem on amazon but it never came in. I watched the first part before but didnt have subs for the second.

Cenizas del paraíso. Found the movie from a naughty source, but Just couldn't find the subtitles for it. As good as rubbish!

And also the TV movie Roe vs Wade.

California Split (1974) [Robert Altman] - The 108 minutes version in the right aspect ratio!
https://theplaylist.net/california-split-robert-altman-amazon-prime-20200512/

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

There is another movie I can add. A few years ago I was going through Slovenian movie phase. There are not too many good ones that I watched... But there is this movie called, Pr'Hostar (2016). I was able to find the movie but no subtitles. Again got caught up there. From the IMDB page, the plot looks interesting. But can't watch it.