Dead Island Movie

Tools    

The game was alright but, as many of you know, the trailer was the exciting part. So, exciting that a movie was supposed to result. I'm not sure if that movie is still under way. IMDB says yes (Dead Island: The Movie) kind of.

Here's the game trailer that people found exciting.

Has anyone heard anything new about this? Would you like to see a Dead Island movie?

(Psst..How do I embed the youtube vid into the post? I'm fairly new to forums)

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
Click "Go Advanced" and there's a litle youtube icon next to that red explanation point. Just click it and paste your link between the two Youtube brackets.

Ahh. There it is. Didn't work the first time I tried that. Thank you for your help.

I thought the game sucked and the movie will probably suck too.
The game didn't do it for me either. The characters and quest sucked, but I liked the graphics (which, granted, don't count for a whole lot). The island looked good.

It's the video that makes me think a good movie could result.

I liked the trailer when it first came out months back, well made trailer for a video game. Never played the game though. As long as it's not like another 'island' zombie film, Survival of the Dead... then I'd see it.

I just don't see how it could be any good. The game's story was stupid, poorly told and weak, the characters were annoying and paper-thin racial stereotypes, and that's when it even bothered to offer up a sparse chunk of story to break up the monotony of constant interchangeable fetch quests for interchangeable NPCs and lame unreliable melee combat with absurd weapons.

If the filmmakers use all that as inspiration for their movie, I wish them good luck...

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Who knows? Maybe they'll actually improve upon the existing formula, make the story more coherent, the characters more complex and developed...LMAO I'm sorry, I can't say all that with a straight face. Seriously though, most movies based on video games usually range from "meh" (Resident Evil series) to gawd awful (Super Mario Bros.). I'm sorry, but the medium is made for interaction, not to see events playing out that you could be partaking in yourself.

Bla, the film Silent Hill was excellent.
Agreed. I think the new one is coming out this month.

Dead Island was pretty fun. Parts were kinda annoying, but fun. The Movie better be good.

They are also making an Uncharted movie.