Troy/The Trojan War

Tools    

Is it me or did the army of long boats long stupid? It looked too unrealistic as there were far to many to be believable. Can some1 explain that bit?

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Is it me or did the army of long boats long stupid? It looked too unrealistic as there were far to many to be believable. Can some1 explain that bit?
I don't think there's anything to explain; they want the battle to be huge, and epic. I think they're going for a slightly unrealistic portrayal, actually. It's a somewhat mythic story anyway, so it makes sense for it to be a little over-the-top in some respects.

Kaiser "The Devil" Soze
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp

you mean you never heard the quote "she had the face that launched a thousands ships" ? thats why there are so many long boats plain and simple

I ate all your bees.
The new Trailer is out and its looking very good, very good indeed.

Thursday Is Best
but wait, achilies(sp?) dies in the trojan war.... im positive on that. wtf?? now this confuses me..

i may be thinkin of some other person, i wonder who is playing odyseuss, he is really the guy who lead it all other than achillies...(sp?) espiecally with the trojan horse, altho he is more popular from the "odyssey".

other than that.... this movie will be HUGE... and maybe even break records... i mean i was over whelme by te TRAILER, imagine how intense the movie is going to be...

I wonder if Petersen stuck to the Illiad, in that Achilles stopped fighting after Agamemnon takes away his prize, the woman Briseis, and only returns to battle after his loverboy Patroclus is killed by Hector.
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

I love 35mm ^_^
I saw the trailer when I went to see Taking Lives, and I must say this movie looks amazing. The costumes look real, plus there are a a few very good looking people in it....

Troy is my most awaited film of the summer. The cast is great. I love Petersen's work. O'Toole!!! Looks so awesome, I can't wait.

Troy looks excellent and I believe it will be one of the highest rated and top grossing films of 2004.

Currently away from the boards.
Seems to be a good movie, I MUST see it.
Hopefully it's gonna be as good as I think it's gonna be.

I just picked up my screener for it this morning. I hope it's good, but I miss the 'old school' epics and have little faith with the 'CGI heavy' epics. I'm crossing my fingers and counting on Pitt.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I just picked up my screener for it this morning.
How are you getting your hands on those?

my name is buck and im here to f**k
well,this movie is only a week away.its filled with a S@#! load of A list actors which is a good thing but I think its going to kill at the box office good or bad

I can't wait to see it either. The clips I've seen look great. I'm not fond of all Brad Pitt's movies. I do think he's a good actor aside from just being eye candy, which there is alot of in this movie. Eric Bana (Hulk) and Orlando Bloom (LOTR & POTC). I think Bloom is going to have a good career if he keeps making smart decisions. So far, he has.

Originally Posted by moviemandavid
Troy is my most awaited film of the summer. The cast is great. I love Petersen's work. O'Toole!!! Looks so awesome, I can't wait.

Originally Posted by jrs
Certain things don't bother me in conversation but something like that offends me terribly.
Well, I actually would like to know how the screener was obtained... I would love a screener of this, although the big screen will be awesome, if they are not to reliant on CGI...