New DVDs

Tools    

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I had seen it down at Comic-Con in July.
I saw Shaun there as well.
Surprised I didn't see you there, you probably being one of the only gun-wielding William Holden cowboys in attendance, and all. I did however see a giant Domo-kun, so you know, same difference.

Anyways, though this may be the wrong thread for this, did you catch the Sin City thing, Holden? If so, what didya' think?

Originally Posted by Herod
Anyways, though this may be the wrong thread for this, did you catch the Sin City thing, Holden? If so, what didya' think?
Yes. It was amazing. There's a long thread about it somewhere. Root around, you'll find it.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Hello.

The two latest additions to my very small collection...

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by l'agent lO
The two latest additions to my very small collection...
Do not worry. It shall grow.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Resident Metro-Sexual
Got my first western.

Just added these two today ...

A system of cells interlinked
The Sin City extended trailer looks interesting....

Picked these up last night....

The Man Who Wasn't There
(2001, Coens)
Killing Zoe (1994, Avary)
Dr. Strangelove or: How I stopped worrying and Learned to Love the Bomb (1964, Kubrick)

Originally Posted by Parky
Star Wars Trilogy
The Star Wars Trilogy comes out tommorow in North America first doesn't it? Unless you have it on order and are counting that.

As for the last ones I bought:
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	paycheck_ver2.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	3817   Click image for larger version

Name:	lock_stock_and_two_smoking_barrels_ver2.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	3818   Click image for larger version

Name:	true_lies_ver2.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	3819   Click image for larger version

Name:	crimson_tide_ver2.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	3820   Click image for larger version

Name:	terminator.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	3821  

Or unless it was delivered one whole day early. Shocker!

Haven't you ever ordered DVDs online? They'll come early sometimes by a day or two.

Or, Parky works for or knows somebody who is a retailer who snagged him a copy. There are many possibilities. Having a DVD one day earlier than the street date is not so amazing. An independent retailer in Baltimore used to let me buy them as soon as he got them, which was often the Friday before the Tuesday street date.

Originally Posted by Escape
The Star Wars Trilogy comes out tommorow in North America first doesn't it? Unless you have it on order and are counting that.
No, it comes out in the U.K. first. Look.

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Or unless it was delivered one whole day early. Shocker!

Haven't you ever ordered DVDs online? They'll come early sometimes by a day or two.

Or, Parky works for or knows somebody who is a retailer who snagged him a copy. There are many possibilities. Having a DVD one day earlier than the street date is not so amazing. An independent retailer in Baltimore used to let me buy them as soon as he got them, which was often the Friday before the Tuesday street date.
No, i've never ordered dvd's online before. Shipping and handling end up costing me much more than if I patiently wait and buy them on sale. I do know that stores such as wal-mart will get in crap if they sell them earlier than the selling date. How about your buddy that sold them to you, was it legal for him to do this? I guess I just don't know all the legal procedures when it comes to selling the movies prior to their due date.

Originally Posted by Parky
No, it comes out in the U.K. first. Look.
Cool.

Wow, I can't wait! Just one more day until I officially start never buying these pieces of *****.

I'm all a quiver.
What are you talking about. You should be all over this with a burning passion. It's like a great western epic in space with a little bit of sword play mixed in.

Originally Posted by Escape
What are you talking about. You should be all over this with a burning passion. It's like a great western epic in space with a little bit of sword play mixed in.
Yes, I am indeed all over the original Star Wars movies in their original format, without these new butcherings/"improvements"....you know, like how I (and the rest of the world) fell in love with them. Luckily I have 'em, on LaserDisc.

So I wouldn't take these editions into my home for free.