New DVDs

Tools    

yup i hate dvds with out booklets or the paper what ever its called

A system of cells interlinked
Run, Lola Run
Secret Window
A Clockwork Orange

Finally someone got new DVDs i've always been waiting for the DVD/Questions Thread to change or something new to come up

There are those who call me...Tim.
Spiderman (2 Disc Set)
Die Hard: With A Vengeance (2 Disc Set)
Mission Impossible (the first one...has a trailer...)

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
Die Hard: With A Vengeance (2 Disc Set)
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Zeiken
its okay! i just bought Speed, Die Hard, and Die Hard 2. Its ok. Im ok. I dont have a problem. I am masculine. Im ok.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Yikes, just saw this thread....well, let me throw in all the DVDs I have currently:

-Boondock Saints
-American History X
-Face/Off
-Underworld
-Lord of the Rings 1 and 2 (3 right around the corner)
-Spiderman
-Harry Potter 1 and 2 (uh huh)
-Terminator 3 (shrug)
-X Men 2

I just picked up The Bourne Identity

Originally Posted by Godsend
Yikes, just saw this thread....well, let me throw in all the DVDs I have currently:

-Boondock Saints
-American History X
-Face/Off
-Underworld
-Spiderman
-Terminator 3 (shrug)
-X Men 2
Not a bad start. sounds like you have the makings of quite the grand collection. I can barely remember when my collection was that small. Good picks though- but you should consider braveheart. Actually, dont consider it. Get braveheart next.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Thanks. I love Braveheart, and I might get it next...not too sure

http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/dls?iid=...&lid=255-83435 There's my fav. movies list. I'm going to update it within the next couple of days. Too lazy right now :-p

Originally Posted by Godsend

-Boondock Saints
-American History X
-Face/Off
-Underworld
-Spiderman
-Terminator 3 (shrug)
-X Men 2
Most of these titles are my favorites maybe not T3 but rest i like. I had like 100 dvds i sold most of them and now im down to my 15 favorite titles

Originally Posted by Zeiken
.....Is it worth a blind buy?

I don't wanna sound like an idiot or anything but, what does "a blind buy" mean? Like it's worth getting or something along those lines???

"Blind buy" means he hasn't seen the movie, but he'd buy it sight unseen if others, in this case a random sampling of whoever replys first I reckon, felt strongly enough that it's a good movie. Which is an odd way to make purchases.

I think if you have to ask at all, you've answered your own question. There are so many truly great films on DVD, for you folks who only own a handful why would you watse time and money with frippin' Hidalgo or whatever? If you don't own Casablanca or Lawrence of Arabia or The Seventh Seal or Chinatown or Singin' in the Rain or three hundred other greats, buy one of them. Blindly, if you must. You'll have a damn sight higher batting percentage going after them than picking and chosing from stuff released theatrically four or five months ago.

Dig?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Bug Planet Proximus
damn you americans with your critereon collection dvd's.

the dvd's i got this weekend were:
Bullitt- unfortunately there is only one version available in Aust. do any of you know if there is a SE edition?
Taxi Driver - frippin' finally. One of my most watched, unowned movies. now mine.
Enter the Dragon SE 2 disc- I know you guys already got this in July but it only came out last Monday for us. So i'm very happy.

i cant beleive you guys are talking about your freakin' Hellboy dvd's. It still isn't even released in cinemas yet in Australia!!

stupid economy

Originally Posted by D'yer Mak'er
I can't beleive you guys are talking about your freakin' Hellboy DVDs. It still isn't even released in cinemas yet in Australia!
Move outta the sticks, fella.