Whats the last great documentary you saw?

Tools    

Magician: The Astonishing Life and Work of Orson Welles was pretty good. Could have been better but the movie fans here will still enjoy it.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

No No: A Dockumentary (2014)

About a guy in 1970 who pitched a no hitter for the Pittsburhge Pirates while on LSD

Dear Zachary was the last I watched as well!
That was a heart-wrencher for sure

A couple of docs for the movie fan.

The Wolfpack - the power of movies

The Death of Superman Lives

Add that one to the list that includes Lost in La Mancha and Jodorowsky's Dune; though not as good as those two it's still worth watching. Any others of this nature (failed film productions)? Can't seem to recall any right now.

Solid documentary looking into the potential double standard America has with steroid use compared to other artificial betterment.

The Central Park Five. Extremely interesting look at a case I wasn't really aware of.

I'm planning on exploring Ken Burns more, probably his Prohibition series next

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
The Seven Five

NYC cops and drug dealers openly discuss their participation in all-out corruption during the 1980's.

Hands down one of the best documentaries I've seen in years. Gritty and real. Mike Dowd and his crew of dirty cops explain how they worked hand-in-hand with drug dealers in one of the biggest corruption scandals in NYPD history. My favorite character is Adam Diaz, the colorful Dominican drug kingpin. These guys talk plainly and honestly about their mind-blowing illegal activities as cops. The filmmaker somehow tracked these guys down, as well as gathering amazing footage and photos from law enforcement agencies and the cops. Fascinating as all hell, and an amazing accomplishment.

5 duffel bags of cash out of 5 -- Awesome

Storyville: Cartel Land. This was excellent.

All of Stacey Dooley's, Louis Theroux, Reggie Yates and Nick Broomfield's work.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Daniel Suelo - The Man Who Quit Money

I don't know if a documentary is the right title, but I thought it was interesting enough to post. I saw some other videos made for the guy.

I guess in 2000, Daniel was tired of the system and left his last $30 in a phone booth and has been living in caves, foraging for berries, unless friends give him a place. I was watching a Q&A, and an author is making money off it. I tried to watch videos chronologically to see the differences. It sounds like his last name change was "marketing" and when the author finished reading one page, he said "We'll be SELLING copies outside." To avoid guilt, he said "150 copies were given away" - which is another marketing tactic.

I checked the guy's wiki page, and saw 3 other names, checked out one's website, had his e-mail address, so I wrote to him. He replied that he was no longer money-less and gave me "16 Goals for 2016" - didn't sound like he was replying to my message.

I notice some of these people like to split hairs, and aren't flexible. If you say you want to avoid being in the system, hitching rides (pollution, gasoline, funded roads) and libraries (funded) is still in the system. Just say "I'm going to try to live as frugally as possible".

If this guy is on the level, it sounds like he's trying for a "pay-it-forward society" or a "voluntary society" where one does a good deed not expecting anything. I think it's good, but they never talk about the experiences, or advice on how others can do the same - free places to sleep, showers, food, etc etc.. If they really want to change, it can't be all about them, and the point should be to help others if that's the initial principle.

"Place de la Republique" is the best documentary I ever saw. It's exactly what I look for in everyday life anyway.

Anyone know anything like this, documentary or movie...

I dont remember the name of it-but it was about humantrafficking,girls who were forced to work as prostitues when they were promised work as maids etc in foreign countries. They were force fed drugs so they would become addicted and wouldnt try to run off and every few months they were stiched "back together" (because apparantly they dont know how vaginas work?) and other really horrible things.

I dont remember the name of it-but it was about humantrafficking,girls who were forced to work as prostitues when they were promised work as maids etc in foreign countries. They were force fed drugs so they would become addicted and wouldnt try to run off and every few months they were stiched "back together" (because apparantly they dont know how vaginas work?) and other really horrible things.
Was it on Netflix?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"Place de la Republique" is the best documentary I ever saw. It's exactly what I look for in everyday life anyway.
To start, Chronicle of a Summer and God's Country.

To start, Chronicle of a Summer and God's Country.
Thanks Mark.. Those were the two I searched, and started on "God's Country" (which is on-demand if anyone else is interested, as well as "Place de la Republique").. The sound doesn't sync, so we went skating, but I'll give it a go now that I'm alone, when I can concentrate better.

>Addicted to Sexting 2015
>Ronaldo
>M.S Dhoni Bollywood Movie