Favorite Underrated Movies

Tools    

[quote=mrtylerdurden;1113790][/QUOTE

Donnie Darko is my favourite film but at least it has a strong cult following. I think a film that deserves more attention is the United States of Leland which critics heated and I don't see why since I found it very moving. Gattaca as well is underrated

This might just do nobody any good.
I tend to go for underrated/unappreciated movies whenever I make a list of this sort.

My favorite is probably The Assassination of Jesse James which I obsessed with around the time it came out. It's like the Malick movie Malick's been trying to make since after Tree of Life.

The only one that competes with it for my favorite movie ever is Kubrick's Barry Lyndon which always gets lost when people are too busy with The Shining and 2001.

Love The Fountain and Malick's own The New World is kind of important to me since it's the first movie I saw here in the US.

Road to Perdition is beautiful as well. A comic book movie as well so suddenly everyone's top ten list ought to be different.

1. Scary Movie 2 (2001)

2. Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)

3. Ghostbusters (2016)

4. Friend Request (2016)

5. Little Fockers (2010)

6. Allegiant (2016)

7. Bad Neighbours 2 (2016)

8. The Ruins (2008)

9. The Host (2013)

10. Hide and Seek (2005)

This movie is so strange and so dark that it is no wonder that many people don't know it exists. I really enjoy this movie and if there is a Freudian psychoanalyst lurking on this site that would like to shed light on this movie please tell us what you thought.

Some early 90's selections:

Crossing the Bridge (1992)

Flirting (1991)

Proof (1991 - starring Hugo Weaving & Russell Crowe)

I think these three are more underseen than underrated, no? Unless you've read people saying they are bad recently?

I think other than a few in Tuggs post this page is a weird mix of underseen and highly rated everywhere but this site.

Think underrated should mean something that is mentioned a fair amount but doesn't get the praise it deserves. And no i don't have one, haha.

I think these three are more underseen than underrated, no? Unless you've read people saying they are bad recently?

I think other than a few in Tuggs post this page is a weird mix of underseen and highly rated everywhere but this site.

Think underrated should mean something that is mentioned a fair amount but doesn't get the praise it deserves. And no i don't have one, haha.
I will cede this point. They are only "underrated" in the sense that they are not well known.
The telling thing about them is they are movies which, once viewed, I've never forgotten, but would love to watch again.

My addition of Judgement Night is more of a guilty pleasure from that era since it's not exactly in the same school of artistic creativity as the other films mentioned, but more of a cheesy, but highly enjoyable, action & revenge film.

Sunshine with Cillian Murphy. This one really needed more hype as the whole movie is incredibly touching.