Is anyone planning on watching Venom?

Tools    

The review embargo lifts the day before the movie comes out in cinemas, which usually is an indicator the studio has zero confidence in their product or there are some heavy duty spoilers - Spidey, or Carnage etc. The former is more likely in this case.

That all said, the lead cast are all great actors. Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams and Riz Ahmed. And the trailers have intrigued me if nothing else, so I will be booking my ticket.

How about you?

Definitely not seeing it in theaters. Most new high-profile releases I'd at least stream if I had the option, but in this case, I might not. Just not doing anything for me.

At this point most of the strength of the Marvel films is their advancement of the overall lore, and I think that really shows in the tepid response Venom seems to be getting.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I might catch it if it comes on The Movie Network, but other than that...no interest.

Suspect's Reviews

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
What I don't get about this movie is how is it that Venon is able to copy Spider-man's look if Spider-man is not in this movie? In the origin story that I remember from a kid, the Venom suit was on Spider-man first, and that is where the suit got it's design from. But in this trailer, he looks like Spider-man with the similar eye shapes and all, and Spider-man isn't even in this movie for that to make sense.

Unless I missed something?

I don't know...RT score is going to be big, right now it's seventh on my list if it's sub 25% then no, if it's 40% then yes. But if Hellfest scores well and Halloween gets a re-release before the 15th it'll get bumped off my list. I've got 6 Movie Pass tickets, and cheap Tuesdays so we'll see.
  1. Halloween
  2. Halloween (1978)
  3. Suspiria
  4. First Man
  5. Serenity
  6. A Star is Born
  7. Venom
  8. Can You Ever Forgive Me
  9. Hellfest
  10. The Nun
  11. Old Man and the Gun