You Ever Walk Out of the Theater?

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I dig Last of the Mohicans. Aside from that I too almost walked out on Dungeons and Dragons....but I decided that I should wait for Jeremy Irons to come back on screen. He is awesome...even in a terrible movie.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Other films that ive fallen asleep in becuase ive been bored senseless are -

Last of the Mohicans

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Do you know my poetry?
Well I didn't pay to see Dragonfly, my friend payed for me. So I didn't really waste my money by walking out.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Caitlyn

I did see this when i was like 14 though. It was immensley boring to me then but it is the only film on the list that i made that i would be willing to see again. ive heard nothing but good things so never fear Cait...one day....one day.

I walked out of "The Stupids" (go figure) and most recently, "House of the Dead". It looked so cool in the previews!

I also walked out of "X2 - X-Men United", but it was almost at the end, I was seeing it for the second time, and I didn't feel very good. I think I've become allergic to theater popcorn.

Originally Posted by Psyklone
I walked out of "The Stupids" (go figure)
I thought that movie was HILARIOUS when I rented it. If I could have a DVD of "The Stupids", it would make my day.

Mrs. Stupid: Note to self. Must buy handheld tape recorder. Then I will no longer be speaking into the garage door opener.

[Mrs. Stupid's car drives past a house with a garage door opening and paint and things start hitting a man - or something like that.]

Evolution in Progress...
I haven't ever walked out of movies, but I would have been kicked out of Matchstick Men awhile ago for having sex in the theatre...but we weren't completely caught in the act, and it was my friend who found us in the back (a while after it had been released, Thursday night show, sometime after 8 ). Thank god for friends who watch our backs aye?

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

Evolution in Progress...
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I too almost walked out on Dungeons and Dragons....but I decided that I should wait for Jeremy Irons to come back on screen. He is awesome...even in a terrible movie.

Aint it the truth...And i waited so long to see a movie of one of my 5 favorite pastimes...*sigh*

Originally Posted by DrenaiWarrior
I haven't ever walked out of movies, but I would have been kicked out of Matchstick Men awhile ago for having sex in the theatre...but we weren't completely caught in the act, and it was my friend who found us in the back (a while after it had been released, Thursday night show, sometime after 8 ). Thank god for friends who watch our backs aye?
Skite

I've only walked out of 2 movies.

The Thin Red Line
The Mothman Prophecies

The Mothman Prophecies looked really good, because I live in West Virginia, and I love the stories on the Mothman. But the only interesting part was the ending. Now that was cool, while it lasted. Other than that, I never wanted to walk out of the theater.
And found he was eating his shoe.

no, i give all movies a chance to redeem themselves at the climax and in the conclusion.

Evolution in Progress...
Originally Posted by nebbit
Skite
Neb, i appreciate you always taking the time to respond but I really don't quite know what you meant on that one???

Originally Posted by DrenaiWarrior
Neb, i appreciate you always taking the time to respond but I really don't quite know what you meant on that one???
Oh sorry, Skite in Australia means: someone is bragging, you know you were going on about having sex in the theater

I've never walked out of the theater until the movie's done. However, my mother walked out of The Distinguished Gentleman when we went to see it together so many years ago--she said she was going for a cigarette, and she never came back.

I miss her.

But seriously, folks: the only movie I've ever seriously considered walking out on was Dreamcatcher--and what a complete and total piece of sh*t it was. But I was there with friends, and we decided to just mock it instead. So that was fun.

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
When I remember it coming out in 1984, it was called Ator: The Blade Master. I looked it up on IMBD and it's just called The Blade Master. Anyway it was the worst rip-off of Conan The Barbarian I had ever seen, and I walked out of the theater.
As a sidenote here, either the first or second Ator flick (I believe it's the Fighting Eagle one) is also known as Cave Dwellers, which was used as an MST3K episode. I couldn't imagine watching it straight through without the commentary... but it's pretty damn funny, all the same.

[The opening credits are rolling, and Miles O'Keefe's name appears]
Servo: How much Keefe is in this movie?
Joel: Miles o' Keefe.

I hope movie directors and actors hate stupid people as much as I do." - Me
I hope that you really don't hate stupid people.

As for movies---

I hang in there because I'm usually with people who either like the movie. So, I see a lot of stuff in movies that makes me feel that the movie industry and media have let us all down. Bigtime. And in a serious way, not just "Damn i'm out seven bucks". More like "Damn, what's happening to our generation".

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Only movie I've ever walked out on was Baz Luhman's " Romeo & Juliet". Leo DiCaprio is a talented actor, but it was unbearable, to confound matters, as me and my mate walked out an usher saw us and in an act of what he must have thought was kindness, took us into " Dante's Peak", man that was a lowpoint of my cinematic experiences!!! Have felt like walking out of so many movies, but as a filmaker, I'm always looking for inspiration, even duff movies can hide hidden treasures, camera shots, visual effects etc. The "Force" is strong!!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
When I remember it coming out in 1984, it was called Ator: The Blade Master. I looked it up on IMBD and it's just called The Blade Master. Anyway it was the worst rip-off of Conan The Barbarian I had ever seen, and I walked out of the theater.

Here's the trailer--just click inside the player to the left of your screen when you get to the site.

http://videodetective.com/home.asp?PublishedID=1690
Conan-esque, but I think they intended to rip-off "the Beast Master" starring Marc Singer of " V" fame. Hell if said quick enough it's an easy mistake for a film novice!!! Make the bad-film go away!!!

YYZ
A fRAIL sYrup wa DriPPing OF HeR...
Originally Posted by Redookie19
I have walked out of the movie theatres countless times...

Independence Day
Kill Bill Vol. 1
The Matrix Revolutions
Underworld
The Matrix Revolutions
X-men 2
The list just goes on...

WARNING: "ThisThread" spoilers below
Of course when I walked out, the movie was over.

I knew something was wrong how can anyone walk out of KILL Bill? You said Revolutions twice,

I think i have never walked away from a movie, I hate it when you're watching a movie you're loving, and the other two people in the cinema get up and leave, but just before they exit, they scan the room, and there's only you left,
I mkes me wanna punch them, or for example the time my friend walked away in the middle of Mulholland Dr., I swear i wanted to kill him, i had bothered picking a movie I thought we would all enjoy (we were in a larger group) and he get's up and walks away (picture his taste, he LOVES vin disel and The Riddick movies, so frustrating), i felt so offended.
When we watched 25th hour no one got up, but a friend B later stated that it was the worst movie he had ever seen with us, he hated it, but at least had the respect to stay till the end, waiting for something he liked.
That's maby the main reason i never leave the movies, you never know whats coming in the end
"There is more to life than this, there is more to life than this, there needs to be more to life than this, a mirror is watchingyou, chasing your smile, forgetting your thoughts tasting your mind" ME

My Audioscrobbler

Originally Posted by jrs
I am sure everyone here has at least once or twice , seen a movie and hated it so much ....that you just HAD to get up and go.

What movie have do you despise so badly, that you couldn''t even sit all the way through ??

I'll start :

- The recent version of The Time Machine
- National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation
- Swimfan
no acctualy, it never happened to me, i make sure that the movie i'm going to see in the theatre is going to be good, i don't just watch anything ...well, i thought about leaving the theatre during the first 10 minutes of LOTR the felowship of the ring, because i thought my heart was gonna explode from all the effects and sounds...but i didn't ofcourse...i had plenty of movies that i stoped watching on video though, i think the worst and most boring movie i rented has to be a brandon frasier movie when he's some artist or painter or something...god, that was 20 minutes of my life i'll never get back...

I walked out of How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days...
For the good of myself and for those who didn't hate the movie... it made me want to hurt people or be violently sick. It really, really did.