The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Alien was not an action movie but neither was Return Of The King in my mind, gah! I wish we hashed this all out beforehand, but it might make for a more unique unexpected list. Hell, it might be better this way Though having said that, if Akira is #1, Ill be pissed.

No way Akira is #1. Maybe 26-30 or something but i can't see any higher.
Its kinda like the Bob Dylan song, "The times they are a changin' ". Animated movies are more and more being accepted into the mainstream way of thinking, proof of it here in our own Countdown. 10 years ago if we did an Action Countdown list it wouldnt look like this. People could argue Superhero movies shouldnt be involved even, but regardless how I or anyone feels, its just the way it is now.

I think it will make it but just not that high, especially with some people (Iro i think?) saying they don't consider it Action earlier. And on the Animation Countdown where noone would dispute its eligibility obviously it was only #29.

http://www.movieforums.com/lists/mov...ated/edit.html

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, I'm not suggesting a second vote here, if that's what people were thinking.

Animated movies are "more and more being accepted into the mainstream way of thinking" because people are wising up to the fact that animated movies as just movies and many can hold their own in terms of quality against their Live-Action counterparts.

That said, I don't like Akira and didn't vote for any animation. I love animation and I absolutely agree with its inclusion here, but I chose movies that I watch and love largely for the action elements. No animated film made my top 25 under that criteria.

He's saying you post everything that was nominated and someone who isn't happy with the list can of their own accord push out the ones they don't consider action for the closest ones they do, for their own special top 100.

Animated movies are "more and more being accepted into the mainstream way of thinking" because people are wising up to the fact that animated movies as just movies and many can hold their own in terms of quality against their Live-Action counterparts.

That said, I don't like Akira and didn't vote for any animation. I love animation and I absolutely agree with its inclusion here, but I chose movies that I watch and love largely for the action elements. No animated film made my top 25 under that criteria.
I dont know why you did the eyeroll as there was discussion on the forum less than a year ago how animated movies arent getting the respect they deserve. My stance on it then was the same.

I dont know why you did the eyeroll as there was discussion on the forum less than a year ago how animated movies arent getting the respect they deserve. My stance on it then was the same.
My eyeroll is because you seem to think they don't belong when they absolutely do.

Alien was not an action movie but neither was Return Of The King in my mind
Cripes, I don't think those are even remotely comparable. Is it that hard to divide intention from personal opinion?

People went to Return of the King to see the Battle of Minas Tirith and the push into Mordor, Alien makes no play at swordfights, gunfights, dogfights, or even super intense games of Chess.

People can't seem to compartmentalize genres as both a gradation and an actively compelling aspect of a movie.

I think TONGO is saying he does believe they belong, think his wording was a bit off because i took it that way at first as well.
Then why did his idea to "fix" the list include getting rid of them?

My eyeroll is because you seem to think they don't belong when they absolutely do.
You need to reread my posts then because I said straight off that the Countdown was legitimate, and that was after the public outcry. I then suggested if people wanted to they could omit fantasy/sci-fi/action, but thats not what everyone wants. Then I made comment how animation is integrated into the mainstream way of thinking...........where did I say "They dont belong"?

He's saying you post everything that was nominated and someone who isn't happy with the list can of their own accord push out the ones they don't consider action for the closest ones they do, for their own special top 100.
What possible use is that? Would we then average out the lists or something?

What possible use is that? Would we then average out the lists or something?
I honestly don't know. He himself said he was only half serious so i think people mistaking what he was saying has led to an actual discussion about it which he wasn't expecting.

Don't know why i'm trying to answer for him

Cripes, I don't think those are even remotely comparable. Is it that hard to divide intention from personal opinion?

People went to Return of the King to see the Battle of Minas Tirith and the push into Mordor, Alien makes no play at swordfights, gunfights, dogfights, or even super intense games of Chess.

People can't seem to compartmentalize genres as both a gradation and an actively compelling aspect of a movie.
No they arent comparable, one is Sci-Fi and the other Fantasy. That fantasy movie was definitely action packed, and Im sure will be on this list. I didnt consider it though, nor did I consider any war movies...go figure. Its all how each person looks at it I guess.