Film Noir HoF III

Tools    

Finally! It's time for the big Film Noir HoF III reveal...

I've calculated the points and triple checked the math, until my eyes hurt. I'll start posting the results in just a few minutes. But first I want to say a great BIG THANK YOU to everyone! Great nom choices! We had some great classics, a couple of neo noirs and a foreign noir too. All together a very diverse and interesting set of noms and all fine choices!
@Frightened Inmate No. 2

So onto the reveal!

9th Place

Spellbound (1945)
Nominated by Neiba
33 Points

“...what attracted me to this film was Michael Chekhov as Dr. Brulov.
I've known the work of Chekhov for the past 3 years, I've written a masters thesis on him and have several articles in the making that will be published sometime this year.
The man is one of the most brilliant minds of the 20th century, one of the greatest theatre actors and directors of all time and an one of a kind educator.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spellbound.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	65419  

8th Place
Crossfire (1947)
Nominated by Frightened Inmate
36 Points

I was going to have a quote from everyone's post on their own nom but Inmate never reviewed this. Oh well
Attachments

Name:	Crossfire.png
Views:	76
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	65420  

7th Place

Le Corbeau (1943)
Nominated by Siddon
43 Points

"While noir wasn't officially defined until a few years later Le Corbeau might be the first deconstruction of the genre. In 99% of noirs focus around a murder or a theft but Clouzot's work is more focused the elements of a crime rather than a major crime.”

Attachments

Name:	Le Corbeau.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	65421  

The trick is not minding
I liked Crossfire. The acting is what really carries it though. Grahame was in a badly written role imo. And there were a few scenes that could have been removed altogether.

The trick is not minding
I’m so disappointed by Le Corbeau low placing. I had it 3rd I think? I really loved it. Also my first film by Clouzot, a director I had already been familiar with.
Shame! Shame on all!

I liked Crossfire. The acting is what really carries it though. Grahame was in a badly written role imo. And there were a few scenes that could have been removed altogether.
It's not her best role, IMO. But if I'm not mistaken I think she said it was her favorite role that she did in a movie. I might be wrong, I'll have to look it up.

The trick is not minding
It's not her best role, IMO. But if I'm not mistaken I think she said it was her favorite role that she did in a movie. I might be wrong, I'll have to look it up.
She’s much better in The Big Heat

I’m so disappointed by Le Corbeau low placing. I had it 3rd I think? I really loved it. Also my first film by Clouzot, a director I had already been familiar with.
Shame! Shame on all!
I really liked Le Corbeau too, so did my wife which is always a plus! I think it was a matter of having so many great noirs that some of the films had to be placed last. But I truly believe there wasn't a bad film in the bunch.

Shame! Shame on all!

I also had it at #3, my top four were all films in my top 100...I know some people really didn't care for it.