The Official NFL Thread

Tools    

Was pretty curious what the line would be on SF-DET, and it's -7 San Francisco. Maybe a couple points higher than I expected given that I think Green Bay pretty clearly outplayed them.

Wow, Buffalo holds them after anyway, and Kansas City looked totally lost. Had to call a timeout and then got basically nothing three straight plays. Buffalo seems to have adjusted really well here.

Particularly weird because the Chiefs, on offense, have been doing basically whatever they want. Mahomes has looked incredible and they've been running the ball with ease.

Oh no. Terrible.

They really should've scored a TD there, kinda weird they didn't. Allen missed (in the sense of not noticing them, not in the sense of misthrowing) some open receivers, and then to have it be on a kick is really a knife twist.

Not much to say, when you lose a game this close you obviously didn't have to do much different to change things. Mahomes played unbelievably well. He really is emblematic of what great modern QBs are, and need to be, but so is Allen. But this is a real signature win for Mahomes, one of those years where you know they're just not as strong, and he just puts the team on his back and they win anyway, even when they don't have "it."

I like both teams, but definitely wanted Buffalo to take this. Especially because we know this'll lead to a lot of silly narrative stuff about how KC's "got their number" or something silly like that.

I guess you can say, though, that it didn't really come down to the kick. It was just to tie, and KC's win probability was over 50% even before it missed. They lost the game by not marching the rest of the way down the field there, ultimately. It's not like they didn't get a huge break on that touchback, so the better team won today.

Am I still posting? Yes. Two more thoughts:

1) It's pretty wild how everyone just says, of these games "sure to be another classic!" And then it is. Every time. Usually when you say that it means "more likely than most to be a great game." In this case it's literally just always a great game.

2) Mahomes makes it to the AFC Championship game for the 6th straight season...literally every season he's been the starter. I mean, what else can you say. That's insane.

Next week's AFC championship game gives me a queasy feeeling. I know I'm biased because of my intense dislike for the Chiefs but this is how it seems to work for them. They keep a game close until a questionable call by the officials helps them to go on to win. Happened with last years SB against the Eagles. And yesterday it was that 4th quarter PI call against the Bills. Is it paranoia? I seem to remember a lot of calls going in favor of the Patriots when they were winning all those Lombardi trophies. Some will call it sour grapes of course. But I hope the Ravens pile up the points next week. If it's close get ready for some ...

What has two thumbs and is going to the AFC Championship Game?

This guy...
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Awesome!

Have a blast!