Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Also, forgot to mention this one.

Me and Brother watch this every holiday season, and just laugh at how bad it is. Arnold is 100% miscast. And Sinbad is absolute cancer in this. Like he is, in almost every other performance in his filmography.

The Writer and Director behind the film probably thought: "Oh, THIS WILL BE FUNNY! Because Arnold is SO miscast for a role like this!" No. It's unintentionally funny because he's so awkward and terrible at achieving any proper comedic delivery, whatsoever.

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

Welcome to the human race...
The Writer and Director behind the film probably thought: "Oh, THIS WILL BE FUNNY! Because Arnold is SO miscast for a role like this!" No. It's unintentionally funny because he's so awkward and terrible at achieving any proper comedic delivery, whatsoever.
That sounds like being miscast to me, especially since...

Arnold is 100% miscast.
Just admit you actually like this stupid movie that isn't trying to be anything more than stupid holiday-themed fun. I'll take that over sitting stony-faced through a black comedy like Scrooged.

For an Alexander Payne film this is a bit of a let down. I liked the message but there was a real opportunity lost when something that should have been explored and I thought they set it up earlier in the film as well. I won't get any more spoilery.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
The Thing (1982)

Verdict: 8.5/10

They Live (1988)

Verdict: 9/10

Re-Animator (1985)

Verdict: 7.5/10

Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

Verdict: 8/10

Brawl in Cell Block 99 (2017)

+

This is director S. Craig Zahler's follow-up to Bone Tomahawk and he's two for two as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking forward to his next movie, Dragged Across Concrete, which will star Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn. Vaughn seems to have gotten a lot of accolades for this movie, and I thought he was good but not great. His performance pretty much hits the same note all the way through. It works so there's no knocking him. The plot is extremely basic, much like this year's also excellent Shot Caller. A dude ends up in prison and has to do bad things to protect his family on the outside. Both of this director's movies have gone at a slower pace, but he shows good timing as to when to turn up the action and violence. What we end up with is a grittier and more realistic type of movie as opposed to the average action/crime film that gets churned out these days.

Brawl in Cell Block 99 (2017)

+

This is director S. Craig Zahler's follow-up to Bone Tomahawk and he's two for two as far as I'm concerned. I'm looking forward to his next movie, Dragged Across Concrete, which will star Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn. Vaughn seems to have gotten a lot of accolades for this movie, and I thought he was good but not great. His performance pretty much hits the same note all the way through. It works so there's no knocking him. The plot is extremely basic, much like this year's also excellent Shot Caller. A dude ends up in prison and has to do bad things to protect his family on the outside. Both of this director's movies have gone at a slower pace, but he shows good timing as to when to turn up the action and violence. What we end up with is a grittier and more realistic type of movie as opposed to the average action/crime film that gets churned out these days.
Saw it last night. Loved VInce Vaughn in it - **** YEAH he did the whole transformation-for-a-role thing we get all slackjawed over and he did it well!

+ (almost a 4. Might still be a 4 once I settle on how much I wished it had a slightly more overt grindhouse feel)

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)

I think Guardians of the Galaxy is among the most overrated films of the recent past and I'm also not the greatest super-hero movie fan, but this was a very pleasant surprise.
I did not love every bit of it but there are some truly great moments! The last act, especially, is definitely among the best moments of all the Marvel cinematography.
I think they overused Groot's cuteness a little bit but my favourite part was with him. I liked how they explored Yondu and Nebula part in all this and for the first time since he's been making films, I liked Bautista!
A very nice watch!

Big Hero 6 (Don Hall & Chris Williams, 2014)

Easy to see what the Buzz was about it

just watched couple of atsushi wada's on utube.
all is excelento

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
The Lobster (2015)

Knew nothing about this when I started, was totally surprised! It's a weird movie and even now I can't be sure how much I liked it so my rating will probably change a lot in the next few days (or hours).

I loved the premise and the social critique! I found the awkard dialogues to be uncomfortable though I understand why they're there! The soundtrack is particularly brilliant. And the ending is amazing! I can think about many possible turn outs but I can't decide on one!

+

[center]Brawl in Cell Block 99 (2017)

+

What we end up with is a grittier and more realistic type of movie as opposed to the average action/crime film that gets churned out these days.
I'm surprised you found it realistic, or more realistic than normal. My biggest problem was i thought every thing before he got to prison was ridiculous, and of course the violence was cartoonish. The prison part was really fun though and i really liked Vaughn. I gave it
+.

I'm surprised you found it realistic, or more realistic than normal. My biggest problem was i thought every thing before he got to prison was ridiculous, and of course the violence was cartoonish. The prison part was really fun though and i really liked Vaughn. I gave it
+.
I didn't mean it was realistic with what happens, but more realistic than the average modern action film in tone and that it doesn't rely on special effects.

Raw (2016)

-

Really well made horror with the right amount of style. I liked that it could be nauseating at times to watch but without being too gory or over the top.