Top Drug Movies

Tools    

My favorite is Requiem For a Dream

and i could not get why this traisspotting is so exaggarated.
it is the most stupid movie I have ever seen

Originally Posted by Carlito Brigante
My favorite is Requiem For a Dream

and i could not get why this traisspotting is so exaggerated.
it is the most stupid movie I have ever seen
And you don't think Requiem was exaggerated!

The True Meaning Of Christmas
Basketball Diaries
Drugstore Cowboy
Requim For A Dream

Welcome to the human race...
Top drug movie = Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Terry Gilliam, 1998)

Raoul Duke is the coolest drug fiend to have walked the earth.

My parents won't allow me to watch Requim For A Dream yet, so I can't comment on that one, but I have seen Basketball Diaries and thought that was very good.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
Top drug movie = Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Terry Gilliam, 1998)
Yeah, Fear and Loathing in Vegas was a great film. Hilarious, realistic, and just flat out awesome.

As a serious film Less Than Zero with Downey was a very powerful picture, same thing goes for Traffic. There's been quite a few good films having to do with narcotics.

Welcome to the human race...
Originally Posted by -Danny
Yeah, Fear and Loathing in Vegas was a great film. Hilarious, realistic, and just flat out awesome.

As a serious film Less Than Zero with Downey was a very powerful picture, same thing goes for Traffic. There's been quite a few good films having to do with narcotics.
I wouldn't quite call Fear and Loathing realistic but definitely hilarious and awesome.

Traffic was highly overrated.

Requim for a Dream hands down.

And whoever implied that it is exaggerated is wrong. Its very true to life.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
I wouldn't quite call Fear and Loathing realistic but definitely hilarious and awesome.

Traffic was highly overrated.
The actions that were conducted in Vegas seemed realistic to me.

Traffic? Maybe. But the film is just done so well, and the characters are so deep, the product of Traffic is glorious.

Requim For A Dream
Traffic
Basketball Diaries

The best I have seen is Requiem For A Dream

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
In the Movie Depp was heating a light bulb with a lighter, does that get you high or something?

that is method used to smoke crack
Smoking out of a lightbulb IS a method of crack smoking, but in the movie itself depp was freebasing meth

All of the already mentioned are great movies. Fear and Loathing, Trainspotting, Requim For A Dream, Blow etc.

A favourite of mine is Candy an Australian film that didn't get much attention. Great performance by Heath Ledger and Abbie Cornish.

I wouldn't class Scarface as a drug movie even though cocaine is a major theme. Its a great movies all the same. Other good movies with drugs as a heavy theme are Buffalo Soldiers and King of New York and Party Monster.

My top 3 in order are:
1. Requiem For a Dream
2. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
3. Blow

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
BLOW, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Go, Cheech and Chong, Scarface, Requiem for a Dream, and Basketball Diaries.