Revenant's Reviews

→ in
Tools    

I'm glad. The Crow is a cult classic and well worthwhile watching.

*~*~*~

I'm having slight problems working on my next review on The Exorcist so that may be a little while yet, however I may just do a five-minute speed review on another film to fill in the gap. Which if I decide to do will be up within three days, probably.

Here's that speed review. Compared to my other two, its tidgy but then again it only took me between five and ten minutes to write. A smaller review requires a simpler rating, taken from my rating off of the movie tab.

The Way Of The Gun (2000):
Directed by: Christopher McQaurrie
Writing by: Christopher McQaurrie
Cast: James Caan, Benecio Del Toro, Taye Diggs, Henry Griffin, Julliete Lewis........
My Rating: (Out of 5)

The Way Of The Gun is a decadent movie of violence and gun-fair. Even though it combines a number of interacting characters we are given some idea of their motives and personality, of course with these many characters getting fairly equal screen time to progress themselves we do not get to know them too deeply. There are some nice performances in this curious cast-listed movie but nothing that screams award winning.

The title implicates the plot quite well, everyone is in a matter of a life and death struggle, guns the dominant weapon of choice. It is a dog eat dog world, where emotional attachment comes second to the job.

The Way Of The Gun is a great film for those who like their film action-packed and bloody, but don't be too surprised that you like the characters even in their limited capacity for empathy. It is not about heavy characterisation but about how actions require reactions and how violence begets violence. It is a primal movie that hits down on the need for survival. It is raw, gun-battling fun that taps upon the law of battle.

Lets put a smile on that block
Great Review Rev, your use of vocabulary is brilliant and you managed to keep this review short and very sweet. Love your longer reviews but like this one too. Might have to check this one out, i James Caan.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Great Review Rev, your use of vocabulary is brilliant and you managed to keep this review short and very sweet. Love your longer reviews but like this one too. Might have to check this one out, i James Caan.
Hello again.

I cheat sometimes with those bigger words, I check them up in the dictionary but most of them do come to mind first.

Blib, if you love Caan you would certainly like his performance in this film, he steals all the scene's he's in, and does a fine ambigious badguy. He is da man in this.

I'm going to give you a rep for your review of Maximum OverDrive on your thread once I've spread the love around, dude.

Originally Posted by Revenant
Blib, if you love Caan you would certainly like his performance in this film, he steals all the scene's he's in, and does a fine ambigious badguy. He is da man in this.

I'm going to give you a rep for your review of Maximum OverDrive on your thread once I've spread the love around, dude.
Aww Gawd Bless Ya' Ma'm

Ill add this one to my list then, sounds like just my type of film As you say Caan is DA man, and i am his biatch.....oh i wish.

The Exorcist review is slugging slowly along. Until then another short.

One Hour Photo (2002)
Directed by: Mark Romanek
Writing by: Mark Romanek
Cast: Robin Williams, Connie Nielsen, Michael Vartan, Gary Cole, Eriq La Salle.....
My Rating: (Out of 5)

Robin Williams has proven here he is not just a comedy and sob-story character. One Hour Photo is a malignant movie, that gives Williams a chance to spread his acting skill further afield. He proves himself quite nicely as the deep and obsessive Si Parish. His usually elastic features are carefully held to give Si a lugubrious look about him and behind his otherwise pleasant demeanor, it adds to his oscillating personality.
The direction also increases the sense of enclosure and unease.

The starkness of Si's place of work and the general pleasantness of most of the area's, starkly contrasts to Si's own more obsolete life. From this a greater divergence is given and the more extreme Si's existence appears to be.

All the actors give good performances but Robin Williams excels as the main character whose life consist of emptiness and desolation, and whose very lack-luster and impotent lifestyle leads him further beyond the level most people would be prepared to go to find.

One Hour Photo is a film that grasps your emotions and makes the audience uneasy. It's simplistic story leads around corners and grows beyond its boundaries as we gain more information on the people within, seeing that the initial perfection of their lives is merely a front for a reality that makes the stomach churn. One Hour Photo is a great film with worthy performances and a truly creepy atmosphere.

Great review Rev... I liked this one as well...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I'm with Cait I liked this movie also, thanks Rev

i can't say enough about this film or robin william's performance which is absolutely brilliant...

high marks from me on this and i couldn't agree with you...thanks for reviewing

Great review again rev, love your short simple reviews. you know how much i love Mr Williams so theres not much i can say, great film, great acting. I want to take Si home and let him be in my family...as long as he doesnt ever ever touch a camera again.

I'd like to see you reveiw Insomnia, another film with Robin as the 'bad guy'.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I'd like to see you reveiw Insomnia, another film with Robin as the 'bad guy'.
Never seen it.

Robin Williams did steal the entire movie, you can't help but feel a little sorry for him.

Nice review, Dawg.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Love your reviews, I'm not a fan of most Japanese animation; however I don't think this is something I woundn't watch. But the Crow is my absolute favorite I own a VHS version of the film, if there is a DVD version I'm hoping to snatch it up. Great reviews.