Quote of the Day

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"As men are not able to fight against death, misery, ignorance, they have taken it into their heads, in order to be happy, not to think of them at all."

"All of our reasoning ends in surrender to feeling."

"Can anything be stupider than that a man has the right to kill me because he lives on the other side of a river and his ruler has a quarrel with mine, though I have not quarrelled with him?"

"Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists."

- Blaise Pascal

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible,
then they seem improbable,
and then, when we summon the will,
they soon become inevitable.

Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool
or you go out in the ocean.

You play the hand you're dealt. I think the game's worthwhile.

You've got to give more than you take.

Christopher Reeve
Born 25 Sept 1952 - Died 10 Oct 2004

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"Even if I set out to make a film about a fillet of sole, it would be about me."

"God may not play dice but he enjoys a good round of Trivial Pursuit every now and again."

"Nietzsche claimed that his genius was in his nostrils and I think that is a very excellent place for it to be."

"No critic writing about a film could say more than the film itself, although they do their best to make us think the oppposite. (Sorry, I've used this one before...)

- Federico Fellini

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Surely God would not have created such a being as man, with an ability to grasp the infinite, to exist only for a day! No, no, man was made for immortality- lincoln

I will pass through this life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, any good that i can do, any comfort that I can offer, let me do it now, for one day I will be gone and what will remain is the memory of what I did for others. - Lurlene McDaniel

Every time I get a script it's a matter of trying to know what I could do with it.
I see colors, imagery. It has to have a smell.
It's like falling in love. You can't give a reason why.

Acting is a question of absorbing other people's personalities
and adding some of your own experience.

It wasn't as though I really made a commitment to it;
there wasn't anything else around.
So I wasn't driven to become an actor..
it just seemed to be the thing that I managed to do best.

If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table
and can't tell who the sucker is, it's you.

When the idea came up, (Newman's Own) I said, "Are you crazy?
Stick my face on the label of salad dressing?"
And then, of course, we got the whole idea of exploitation and how circular it is.
Why not, really, go to the fullest length, and the silliest length,
in exploiting yourself and turn the proceeds back to the community?

The embarrassing thing is that the salad dressing is out grossing my films.

I am confounded at the stinginess of some institutions and some people.
I'm bewildered by it.
You can only put away so much stuff in your closet.

Paul Leonard Newman

Born 26 Jan 1925 - Died - 26 Sept 2008

RIP

You don't need a framework. You need a painting, not a frame.

What do you think, that a dollar in a savings account is freedom? Maybe you have understood nothing I have said.

One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real.

About 25 years ago, I was in an apartment, and next door, they put on the radio, so I struck the wall with my fist, but they did not put the radio down. I took a tool and banged until I made a hole through the wall. It was like a comedy movie.

Why do I continue making movies? Making movies is better than cleaning toilets.

- Klaus Kinski.

I am half agony, half hope.
That's a terrific quote, Cait.

Johann von Goethe

You only grow when you are alone.

Who's to say who's an expert?

People stay married because they want to, not because the doors are locked.

Paul Newman, I will miss you Paul.

Never let go of hope. One day you will see that it all has finally come together. What you have always wished for has finally come to be. You will look back and laugh at what has passed and you will ask yourself... 'How did I get through all of that?” - unknown

"When I was young, I was extremely scared of dying. But now I think it a very, very wise arrangement. It's like a light that is extinguished. Not very much to make a fuss about."

- Ingmar Bergman

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

As the rest of the world is walking out the door, your best friend's are the ones walking in.

Anonymous

" I hate stars. They're not actors. I've been around actors all my life and I like them, but I never had an actor as a friend. Except Dad. And Dad never thought of himself as an actor. But the best actor I ever worked with was Dad. Dad was a man who never tried to sell anybody anything."

- John Huston

"Many years ago . . . many, MANY years ago, I brought up a boy, and I said to him, 'Son, if you ever become a writer, try to write a good part for your old man sometime.' Well, by cracky, that's what he did!"

- Walter Huston (upon accepting his Oscar for The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, written and directed by his son John).

"A film should have a beginning, a middle and an end - but not necessarily in that order"

Jean-Luc Godard

Shirley Temple had charisma as a child. But it cleared up as an adult.
Totie Fields

My girlfriend while playing Sims2:

"Five sets of twins! Five! Look what you did!

(Looking me straight in the eye, like I directly had anything to do with this?)