Favorite Shots of All Time

Tools    

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
He's mighty smooth.
Smooooove!

Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
My next mix cd that goes out to the broke college kids will be named Wax On A Man's Ass . Where should I send the money for the naming rights?
To my mom.

Sam,
Thanks, Buddy.

Just think about the time it took for me to put together something that freakin' awesome. A shout-out indeed.

EDIT:
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

This is why I respect you Pimp.
Movies are for people who can't read a novel in two hours.
Rusty sewing needles and an exposed knee-cap, two leather belts, four plain glass bottles of water, walk away on the top sides of your hands.
Funny bastard!

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
I like the last one I put up. It's a true dorm-room experience.
I've Macgyvered' two straws together which allow me to lay on my back and take shots of jagermeister out of my belly button.
Rather appropriate, methinks...

With time, therapy, and a lot of love from great women, I’ve been able to internalize my snicker of a response.

Kudos...

Just say 'NO' to Evercrack.
I also like in The Boondock Saints, when The brothers and Rocco get out of that hitmans house, and meet II Deuce. That gunfught had some amazing shots too, in my opinion.
She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me.
I can't help it if I'm lucky.

Originally Posted by dante.hk
in my opinion.
Nope, sorry, this won't fly. Forget the way others feel and state your opinions as fact. You should've said something like this.

"The best shot in all of cinema was when the vigilanty brothers exited the hitman's house and had the gun fight with the old man that had horrible aim. It is from Boondock Saints. Oh yeah, you're opinions don't matter now and won't matter later." - dante.hk

Give it another shot, I think you can do this.

I agree with Pimp, dante.hk and put some bass in your posts. Gotta come strong brotha!

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
I really love the scene in Donnie Darko where Donnie is getting out of the back of the school bus. The camera is a sideways angle, the sun is glaring off the ground, and Tears for Fears - Head Over Feet starts playing as it follows Donnie into the school and introduces us to a bunch of the main characters.

Its breathtaking...

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
LOTR: ROTK: When Aragorn marches on the black gate, turns to the camera and says 'For Frodo'

When Theoden Is shouting at his troops, about to charge at the lines of Mordor, sent chills down my spine

When Gandalf uses his staff to ward of the nazgul

When Pippin sings in the great Hall for denethor

The shot of Mordor charging toward the free peoples in LOTR:FotR. (the one wherein the camera "flies" -- sorry, I dunno the technical term -- from viewing the orcs being shot off the cliff with arrows, to "tracking" the sea of orcs charging towards the good guys)

Originally Posted by soulsolid
I'm really feelin' the scene when Tom Cruise takes that matrix leap of faith in Vanilla Sky; a blast of still images and 8mm footage of my mans life blazes you as he falls, perfectly synced with Sigur Ros playin' in the background. Hotness.

"..open your eyes.."
i really don't like vanila sky, why you ask? because i saw "abre los ojos" ( open your eyes ) some 3 years ago and i don't see the neccesity of redoing a movie that was briliantly done the first time, and then doing it exactly the same only with tom cruise...what, people can't take subtitles?!

mar adentro ( the sea within ) - the scene where he gets up from his bed and flies to the beach with that music in the background absolutley destroyed me ( i almost cried )
hable con ella ( talk to her ) - the scene where she takes the train to madrid with the music almost destroyed me ( yes i almost cried then too, and it made hable con ella my favourite movie )
gladiator - the scene right before the battle in the begining when he imagines/remembers the golden fields of his home

Originally Posted by adidasss
gladiator - the scene right before the battle in the begining when he imagines/remembers the golden fields of his home
definately...

also at the end when he's dieing, the fields and the colors just make it an awesome shot...

The Opening Sequence in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope when the Star Destroyer comes onto screen and just keeps on coming.

The end scene in Star Wars Episode III The Revenge of the Sith when Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru hold the infant Luke Skywalker in there arms standing on a slight hill looking out into the sunsets. Awesome.

The Two Towers where they are at Helms Deep awaiting the onslaught of Sauron's army and starts to rain.

Originally Posted by RadeTagean
The Two Towers where they are at Helms Deep awaiting the onslaught of Sauron's army and starts to rain.
it's silly to mention LOTR because every other scene is awsome and memorable...it's too easy...

The Last of the Mohicans - the entire cliff scene at the end is awesome but I particularly liked the way they did the shot of Magua/Wes Studi on the rock…

North By Northwest - the shot of Thornhill/Grant being chased by the crop-duster plane…

Apocalypse Now - the shot of Willard/Sheen emerging from the water…

Braveheart - the scene where Wallace/Gibson is riding the horse toward the English fort to avenge Murron murder.

Nosferatu, Eine Symphonie Des Grauens - the shot of the Count/Schreck rising up from his coffin.

The Abyss - the scene where they encounter the water alien.

I wanted to list a few shots from The General with Buster Keaton but couldn't pick out just one…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by adidasss
it's silly to mention LOTR because every other scene is awsome and memorable...it's too easy...

Well... your username fits... the last part that is...

Bad Morther****er
Scarface the shot where the camara turns away while Tony's friend gets hacked up.

Pulp Fiction After Vincent shoots up and is in his car(seems like a dream sequence)

also same film

the shot with the camara right behind Marsellus' head, while he talks to Butch.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels When Eddie is sitting with his eyes closed, the camara pushes in, he opens his eyes, and his pupils constrict.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith