Snakes on a Plane

→ in
Tools    

Beware The Probe!
Originally Posted by OG-
Speaking of Snakes on a Train, I'll probably actually watch it sometime this weekend. I was going to last night, but watched I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer instead.
Oh no!!
That's Asylum too??
I just rented it!!!!

They have some pretty bad movies and I've never been happy when I accidently rented one of them (Like Heebie Jeebies for one).
My first encounter with them was their version of War of the Worlds which I bought on DVD when the Tom Cruise one was in theaters.

(edit)
< Whew...>
Ok, just watched I'll Always Know what You Did Last Summer and thankfully it's NOT an Asylum Films movie.

(I could tell in the first minute the production values were higher than a Sony Handi-cam)

Originally Posted by OG-
It's not a spoof, it's from Asylum Films, a company which rushes movies into production that piggy back off the concepts of higher profile films. They normally come out on DVD within a week or two of the other film's release. I really recommend reading this interview with the head of Asylum films, it's very entertaining and surprisingly inciteful.

Speaking of Snakes on a Train, I'll probably actually watch it sometime this weekend. I was going to last night, but watched I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer instead.

I make good film choices.
OK, thanks! I'm sure I'll check out Snakes on a Plane, eventually. Sci-Fi-Guy, do post your opinion on it.

Now, I'm lost again. I'll Always Know . . . ??? Isn't that I Still Know . . ., or did they make a part 3? *Goes back to IMDB*

Originally Posted by Sci-Fi-Guy
Oh no!!
That's Asylum too??
I just rented it!!!!

They have some pretty bad movies and I've never been happy when I accidently rented one of them (Like Heebie Jeebies for one).
My first encounter with them was their version of War of the Worlds which I bought on DVD when the Tom Cruise one was in theaters.
LMAO You still aren't over Heebie Jeebies!?! That was so funny. I was going to ask you why you hated them so much, but now I see.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by Destiny
Now, I'm lost again. I'll Always Know . . . ??? Isn't that I Still Know . . ., or did they make a part 3? *Goes back to IMDB*
I'll always know is the third, and from what I've heard, terrible.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally Posted by Sci-Fi-Guy
Oh no!!
Mine too and yeah, couldnt even get into it. Watched a couple scenes and wanted to vomit.

Ok, just watched I'll Always Know what You Did Last Summer and thankfully it's NOT an Asylum Films movie.
(I could tell in the first minute the production values were higher than a Sony Handi-cam)
What do you rate it out of 10? I'm guessing not past 5 with that sony cam observation.

Beware The Probe!
Originally Posted by Escape
What do you rate it out of 10? I'm guessing not past 5 with that sony cam observation.
No. I was saying they were better than an Asylum movie which looks like a Handi-cam shot student film.
It still wasn't all that great a movie but I didn't mind it too much.
I think I was just really relieved that it wasn't Asylum.
The first 2 Last Summer movies were alot better (the first being the best, of course).

I'm still tempted to rent Snakes on a Train though despite the Asylum stamp on it.
I might peel some skin off my arm and douse it in vinegar too since I'm in such a self-destructive mood.

Originally Posted by spudracer
I'll always know is the third, and from what I've heard, terrible.
OK, thanks! I went on a search, and found a trailer. http://imdb.com/title/tt0469111/trailers I dunno. I am a tad lost on the friend deal, as well as if this is suppose to be the killer from the first two. That would be dumb, actually. He is hardly a Michael Myers, so why make him impossible to kill, all of the sudden!?!

Originally Posted by Ðèstîñy
OK, thanks! I went on a search, and found a trailer. http://imdb.com/title/tt0469111/trailers I dunno. I am a tad lost on the friend deal, as well as if this is suppose to be the killer from the first two. That would be dumb, actually. He is hardly a Michael Myers, so why make him impossible to kill, all of the sudden!?!

OG did a good review

Snakes On A Plane is just plain fun. I've seen it three times now theatrically. It's got just the right balance of everything: humour, gore, sex, action...everything's just spot on for a great night out at the cinema. Don't let the really cheesy story put you off, because director David R. Ellis plays the whole thing out with a straight face, and actually makes the ridiculous story feasible. It's cheese in a fun way, nothing cringe-worthy about it.

You've got snakes, a plane, and Sam Mutha' F*ckin' Jackson! What more d'ya want?

EDIT: Oh yeah, that song used in the end credits is great too!

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
OG did a good review
Thank you! I saved it to my favorites, and thought that I may watch the movie first, just in case that review gave too much away. Then I decided to scroll to the bottom, to see his ending line . . .

Maybe watch it on cable at 2am, but only if you turn it on during its second half and are half asleep.

Good to know. I'll wait for cable. heheh

there was really no story in snakes on a plane... love the action of the movie though. i gave this movie a 6/10 rating

No? I thought so. Although it wasn't a great movie movie it did have a story in it........The guy (forgot his name) was a witness to what he saw so Jackson took him to testify and brought him abroad the plane where snakes were let loose by the pheromone (sp.?). All hell breaks loose, some excitement (and some cool scenes) occur and finally they land with the cure. The guy then eventually gets the chance to testify.
Every movie has some sort of plot.

Well, he didn't need to testify did he since they got the bad guy on the snake charges, otherwise i'm sure they wouldn't have ended the film surfing. Unless it was setting up a sequel- *insert aquatic creature on a Surfboard

^ hahaha nice one.
Didn't really enjoy the movie although I do have to agree there was a valid story line.

The preview for this movie looked like the dumbest thing that I have ever seen, but I heard from a few people that the plot is not actually as bad as it looks.........More input please!

Living in Norway, SOAP doesn't open for another week yet! I simply can't wait to see this one. I even re-watched ANACONDAS:Hunt for The Blood Orchid the other night to get me in the mood. I know, I know.. that wasn't exactly a masterpiece, but it's pretty good fun. I'm hoping SOAP is a lot better though...

I think I need to see SOAT too!

James

Awsom 50 - The Online Source for Action Movies

Well, what a gem of a movie this turned out to be. Totally agree with the review here. It did everything a movie with such a trashy title should do; it has thrills, squirms, action, disaster, comedy... and director David Ellis keeps it rolling at a perfect pace.

Sequel? No thank you. As a one-off, this is wonderful, but SOAP 2 would be asking or trouble.

James

All I know is the whole snake theme is getting pretty boring. If people are going to make movies about reptiles or animals, try something new for a change besides snakes.

I really had no interest in seeing this one. However, my boyfriend is a Samuel L. Jackson fan and dragged me to it. There were less than 10 people in the theatre & we ooh and ahh'd at different parts of the movie. There was a rather large woman sitting behind me who kept yelling "No, no way, get outta' there" etc.! Overall, it was a decent movie.....good times!

I guess Snakes on a Plane was horrible by looking at the box office seeing that they have like 25million for such a over hyped movie.