The 2010 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Right, I think the players are fairly equal, minus the injury news.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Thinking on it, but probably not. Not really looking for a TE, need someone I can move around. Not that it is a bad offer, it just seems like aterwards my team would not be any stronger.
What do the rest of you guys think?
I think at this point in the season the only trades worth making are ones that improve your squad.

Ideally moving depth that would otherwise ride the pines in non-bye weeks.

Austin is obviously the best receiver, but Williams is certainly in the best situation.

Heck I'd go so far as to say.."if you want to know the future of Williams, refer to last night's game"

yeah thats right i said it. Josh Freeman to Williams is shaping up a whole lot like Matty Ryan to Roddy White.

hang on to that sucker and enjoy the ride flash. Now if he was offering Steve Johnson, or even the headache harvin, i think maybe its something to consider, but Austin..i don't think so. which is a weird thing to say..but imo Dallas has 1 player to start and that is Witten. Dez bryant for whatever reason is the wideout that kitna has been finding.

Yeah, close enough at least. I think Davis is way better at his position, and his position is thinner, but that difference is easily accounted for in positional need.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure nobody's protesting the trade on value grounds, just because of the goofy injury timing. Word today is Smith might miss "a game or two," which I guess isn't too bad. I'm mostly trading away depth to prepare for the playoffs, anyway, so I can probably afford to drop a couple more games along the way. Might hurt my chance at snagging a bye, however, though if he's good by week 14 it might not be too bad.

Well I cant think of something better to offer you Flash. I was hoping to have a backup duo combo to match Fitz/Johnson, and Freeman/Mike Williams wouldve been cool. Especially since Im a Bucs fan.

Is Miles Austin done? I doubt it. I feel Dez Bryants success is coming because Austins heavily covered, and as for Tony Gonzalez hes the only one in this conversation destined for the hall of fame. Remember when everyone thought T.O. was finished? I wouldnt be surprised if Austin and Williams finish with the same point total at seasons end. I threw in TonGon to seal the deal since I had Gates, and you voiced that you needed a TE.
FAIL for me I guess.

The thing you have to look at Chris is Steve Smith on your bench has more value than a 2nd TE rotting on your bench if the tradeline passes.

If you couldn't have found a trading partner, would you have hung on to Davis, or Dropped him to waivers for another asset do you think?

Well I cant think of something better to offer you Flash. I was hoping to have a backup duo combo to match Fitz/Johnson, and Freeman/Mike Williams wouldve been cool. Especially since Im a Bucs fan.

Is Miles Austin done? I doubt it. I feel Dez Bryants success is coming because Austins heavily covered, and as for Tony Gonzalez hes the only one in this conversation destined for the hall of fame. Remember when everyone thought T.O. was finished? I wouldnt be surprised if Austin and Williams finish with the same point total at seasons end. I threw in TonGon to seal the deal since I had Gates, and you voiced that you needed a TE.
FAIL for me I guess.

Rob are you serious?

I feel Dez Bryants success is coming because Austins heavily covered,
This is correct. Also the offensive line is garbage, Kitna is a pylon and doesn't have the time for the long ball. All of which doesn't mean Austin is "done" just means his situation stanks.

I wouldnt be surprised if Austin and Williams finish with the same point total at seasons end
Are you saying from this point forward? Be surprised be very surprised. Also, be kind of sad, you are a Bucs fan eh

I threw in TonGon to seal the deal since I had Gates,
Mercedes Lewis has been money in the red zone for the jags. Oddly enough he looks a whole lot like a young Gonzo, playing on a crappy team but emerging as the can't miss kid in the rz.

but yeah Gonzo is 1st ballot hall of fame for sure.

I'd have hung onto him, for two reasons: 1) there hasn't been a lot on the waiver wire lately, and there are other random handcuffs and backup QBs I'd have dropped first, so there might not be anyone all that enticing 2) Tamme's still a little unproven and the position is very thin now, so scouring the wire for a replacement could be terrible, and 3) if I dropped Davis, one of the other contenders or (eventually, I hope) playoff teams could've snapped him up.

But yeah, Smith has more value than a 2nd TE, no doubt, unless Tamme gets hurt. I was mainly bummed because I had a bunch of other offers that didn't end up involving hurt guys. It's partially about what else I could have done, rather than judged in a vacuum.

Drop Davis to waivers? He is a top 5 TE... I would think a player like that wouldn't ever, ever be considered for a waiver drop...

Im saying going forward the Miles/Mike Williams will probably score the same.

Are you saying going forward Mercedes Lewis will outscore Gonzalez? I wouldnt. TonGon is a tried and true product, and Mercedes isnt even one of the 10 most talented TEs in the NFL. My offer was a good one, and the only way Dionne had a shot at getting both for Mike Williams is both are currently in a slow point. Before people have made serious bank in trades by getting players after they have a bad stretch of games. You know this Dex.

So I reiterate - I wanted Mike Williams for the Freeman backup combo and TonGon was thrown in to seal the deal. "Rob are you serious" my ass

I think it'll be close, but it's hardly worth guessing because both can be very TD dependent. I think predicting TDs for any player below the elite level is pretty futile.

Im saying going forward the Miles/Mike Williams will probably score the same.

Are you saying going forward Mercedes Lewis will outscore Gonzalez? I wouldnt. TonGon is a tried and true product, and Mercedes isnt even one of the 10 most talented TEs in the NFL. My offer was a good one, and the only way Dionne had a shot at getting both for Mike Williams is both are currently in a slow point. Before people have made serious bank in trades by getting players after they have a bad stretch of games. You know this Dex.

So I reiterate - I wanted Mike Williams for the Freeman backup combo and TonGon was thrown in to seal the deal. "Rob are you serious" my ass
no idea if Lewis is Among the most talented, but can't deny he is getting it done.

Which 10 TE are more valuable in FF right now than Lewis Rob?

Im not gonna get in a discussion with you on it Dex since I have to go to work. Im sure you agree with me anyway since youve still not given any counterpoint to what I have said plainly.

It's not really possible to debate this, anyway, since the word used was "talent." I don't think of Lewis as an especially talented or special TE: he's one of those guys that pops up every year who's so-so until his team starts to look for him like crazy in the red zone.

There aren't 10 that are better - just 6. Gonzo is still good, no doubt about it, but he hasn't been dominant since he left KC...

It's not really possible to debate this, anyway, since the word used was "talent." I don't think of Lewis as an especially talented or special TE: he's one of those guys that pops up every year who's so-so until his team starts to look for him like crazy in the red zone.
Actually, his senior year, he had all sorts of crazy talent, and people have been waiting for the guy that got drafted in the first round in '06 to re-appear. Looks like it might be happening, finally.