The 2010 MoFo Fantasy Football Trading Block

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Yes I'm sure future opponents won't look at the game film, and emulate what texas did to shut him down..

Theres not that many Great RB's to go around.

good luck Tongo

also top 10 is heady company..i think miles is in the bottem half.

My guess for top 10 fantasy WR 2010 is

1.) Reggie Wayne
2.) Roddy White
3.)Andre Johnson
4.)Wes Welker
5.)Randy Moss
6.)Desean Jackson
7.)Anaquin Boldin
8)Miles Austin
9,)Greg Jennings
10.)Austin Collie

LOL! Last year, thats the 2009 season Dex, Miles Austin earned 278.80 in our PPR league placing 10th overall in points earned between all WRs AND RBs. Remember now it wasnt like he had the whole season to put that total together either. He was on the scene for at best 75% of the season. Jerry Jones gave him a fat ol contract this year for a reason. I remember you saying Miles Austin was no longer the "flavor of the month" and Dez Bryant was gonna be the next big thing right away LOL! Roy Williams is ahead of Dez Bryant, and it wouldnt surprise me by years end Witten will be too. Its just your opinion Dex. Obviously you shouldnt state it like a fact.

Anyway Miles Austin is on the trading block for a great RB or two good ones.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Like the top 10 dex except for Collie. But I figured I would make my top 10 fantasy WR list as well (for 2010 season predicted)

1. Reggie Wayne
2. Roddy White
3. Randy Moss
4. Andre Johnson
5. Anquan Boldin
6. Wes Welker
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Larry Fitzgerald
9. Brandon Marshall
10. Greg Jennings

Tongo,...whether it was Dez that had a big day or Roy Williams is immaterial.

the question we were asked is would Miles Austin go over or under such and such yardage.

i went under. I've already stated i didnt expect it to be that drastically under.

dont go getten your panties in a bunch.

also quoten monster 2009 numbers and trying to use that as a case for 2010 is a draft excersise.

once the games start being played, gotta adjust with the times. Jerome Harrison is a terriffic example of that. Check out his stat line vs KC late last year ..compared to this year (pre injury).

he's not a surprise anymore bub. neither is austin. We'll see if he can handle being the #1 guy being dbled up every route, and still get his numbers up.

I'm not sayen he won't, I'm stating the fact he hasn't proven he can for a complete season.

we shall see.

Define what a great RB is in your opinion?

Like the top 10 dex except for Collie. But I figured I would make my top 10 fantasy WR list as well (for 2010 season predicted)

1. Reggie Wayne
2. Roddy White
3. Randy Moss
4. Andre Johnson
5. Anquan Boldin
6. Wes Welker
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Larry Fitzgerald
9. Brandon Marshall
10. Greg Jennings
Thanks Rauld. I went with Collie because of the ipportunity goin forward coupled with weeks already earned.

Its the biggest surprise on my list for sure.

Calvin Johnson certainly has the talent and skills to be in the hunt as well, he's just in a ****** situation.

Yes I'm sure future opponents won't look at the game film, and emulate what texas did to shut him down..
I don't think they will, since shutting Austin down just let Roy Williams (Roy Williams!) run wild on them. They have too many weapons there. There was game film last year, too, and I have to imagine Dallas' first two opponents were desperate to stop him.

Anyway, I agree with you that he'll probably be near the bottom of the top 10...but in theory, that should net an awfully good RB, provided the owner needs a WR, of course. It all comes down to what's defined as "great." I don't think TONGO's asking for Chris Johnson here, so ya'll might be arguing past each other a bit.

A system of cells interlinked
Looks like we have moved on to the next stage of our trade!

Some big moves happening this year...

I don't think they will, since shutting Austin down just let Roy Williams (Roy Williams!) run wild on them. They have too many weapons there. There was game film last year, too, and I have to imagine Dallas' first two opponents were desperate to stop him.

Anyway, I agree with you that he'll probably be near the bottom of the top 10...but in theory, that should net an awfully good RB, provided the owner needs a WR, of course. It all comes down to what's defined as "great." I don't think TONGO's asking for Chris Johnson here, so ya'll might be arguing past each other a bit.

1st off, I think every team will look to shut down Austin, and force Romo to go to Williams or Dez .

I mean why wouldn't they?

Secondly, we don't know what Tongo is looking for, because he keeps talking around it.

also, if he doesn't like my recent proposal to hired goons, he can say so and why, a -1 accomplishes little, ne'est pas?

1st off, I think every team will look to shut down Austin, and force Romo to go to Williams or Dez . LOL! That strategy didnt work out for the opponent as Dallas got their first win.

I mean why wouldn't they? Oh Im sure youre right though Dex as coaches are hired to shut down Miles Austin moreso than win football games

Secondly, we don't know what Tongo is looking for, because he keeps talking around it. LOL! Congratulations Dexter youre the first person, not just in this forum but in life, that accused me of "talking around" anything.

For instance - I think youre just trying to get under my skin. See below...

also, if he doesn't like my recent proposal to hired goons, he can say so and why, a -1 accomplishes little, ne'est pas? Dexter I said right after your post and in PM why. You reposted a post that was already on the same page just seconds after I was trying to advertise my offer. Weve had this discussion before.
Besides, I already declined.
Dexter Im curious...does that mean you reposted your "big offer" after he already said no to you?

Alright ladies, fair fight.

Back on track with a question: do you think we'll see any more blockbuster deals in the next week? I doubt we'll see any more this week, because they'd have to happen by tomorrow night to take effect, and I think anyone panicking or determined to move things around has done it already, and everyone else is willing to wait one more week. What do ya'll think?

Well me and Petey might actually work something out for Miles Austin, but it cant be this week as Miles is on a Bye.

Overall this has already been a more exciting year of trading than the last season. All drama aside Im having a pretty good time!

Dex I want to buy Ryan Matthews, I was expecting a counter offer after my earlier proposal because it was obviously a low ball. You interested in letting him go?

Its difficult to assess what Matthews value is in the marketplace right now.

I'm interested in hearing all reasonable offers Fiscal.

I think if i trade matthews, it will be as part of a package deal.

Re: Austin and the bye week. Technically it shouldn't make a difference, since anyone else you trade him for will still have their bye week coming up. Psychologically it's not as "fun" to get a player who'll sit on your bench the first week you have him, but in the long run it makes no difference, unless you think you need help this week more than most weeks.

Anyway, if I had RBs to spare I would absolutely inquire about Austin in a package deal with Calvin Johnson or something, but alas, I do not. C'mon MJD! Maybe they'll clone him and trade the clone to Green Bay. I'm pretty sure I get the rights to both of them if that happens.

You and your package deals. I am not doing one of these 4 or 5 player exchanges. What are you looking for?
I need a WR that I'm comfortable playing each week regardless of matchup.

Theres just no way to get good value back for him with his status.

A healthy Ryan Matthews trade for Desean Jackson might work.

With AZ on the sked this week whoever is named the starter for the Chargers will be huuge.

hows about this..

(yeah its a package)

Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Matthews, Darren Sproles and Brian Hartline
for
Michael Vick, Desean Jackson and Cinci D

I countered

I give Vick, Jackson, and Cinci for Rodgers, Matthews, and Tolbert.

Your trade would've forced me to drop someone, and that would be between Eddie Royal and Hartline. I like Royal a bit more, so I dropped Hartline and Sproles from the trade and added Tolbert for my handcuff.

Interested?

I countered

I give Vick, Jackson, and Cinci for Rodgers, Matthews, and Tolbert.

Your trade would've forced me to drop someone, and that would be between Eddie Royal and Hartline. I like Royal a bit more, so I dropped Hartline and Sproles from the trade and added Tolbert for my handcuff.

Interested?
We have an Accord. matey

Originally posted by Yoda,
I doubt we'll see any more this week, because they'd have to happen by tomorrow night to take effect, and I think anyone panicking or determined to move things around has done it already, and everyone else is willing to wait one more week. What do ya'll think?