Fav. of the Indiana Jones trilogy

Tools    

Mine would have to be Raiders of the Lost Ark. Everyone I've talked to like Last Crusade the most but I like Raiders more. And everyone hates Temple of Doom, WHY?! Although I think they should've had him search for religious artifacts the whole trilogy, Temple of Doom still is good. But anyway, what are you favorites of the trilogy?
And found he was eating his shoe.

A system of cells interlinked
Raiders of the Lost Ark by far, although I love the other two as well, including Temple of Doom. Raiders seemed to be templated of classic film whereas the two sequels seemed to be templated off Raiders.

_S

Do you really expect anybody to say anything other than Raiders?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Messenger from Hades' Gate
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I say Last Crusade!

PS: Temple seemed to be more chaotic with less order than the other two movies, and we also got to see Indy act like a jerk (not just when brainwashed).

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Well everyone I've talked to at home and stuff have ALL said Last Crusade, as I've said above.

Do you know my poetry?
Raiders of the Lost Ark is of course the best Indy film. I liked The Temple of Doom, I enjoyed watching it, but in my opinion it was a dissapointment compared to Raiders of the Lost Ark. The Last Crusade was great, I loved it. The relationship between Indy and his father was great, but this film doesn't at all compare to the greatness of Raiders.

My star ratings for all 3 films:

Raiders of the Lost Ark - ****
Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom - ***
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - ***1/2

Originally Posted by suppression
I say Last Crusade!
HA! Got ya Slayton! BOOH YAH!

Originally Posted by suppression
Temple seemed to be more chaotic with less order than the other two movies, and we also got to see Indy act like a jerk (not just when brainwashed).
True very true, but what parts does he act like a jerk, when not under the "black sleep of the kalhatchaldkadjfakjd"? You mean when he's yelling at Willie Scott? She deserved it, I would've shot her! *not literally*

I am having a nervous breakdance
Raiders of the Lost Ark is the greatest. Temple of Doom is leaning a bit too much towards comedy even if it has some classic lines. But everything that I think is fishy with Spielberg is more visible in Temple of Doom.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I loved all three but my vote is for The last crusade

Though the seen in The Raiders of the Lost Ark in the marketplace is memorable with the huge beefy swordsman looking as though he's about to chop Indie into bits, Indie cooly stands tall reaches for his holster and shoots the guy point blank.

Pirates of The Carribean

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Raiders of the Lost Ark is the greatest. Temple of Doom is leaning a bit too much towards comedy even if it has some classic lines. But everything that I think is fishy with Spielberg is more visible in Temple of Doom.
Classic lines? I love the film but remember no classic lines. Please elaborate.

"I can't help it..."
My fav definetly has to be Last Crusade...
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

I'm really surprised with all these Crusade votes. I wonder if it's a generational thing. I saw Raiders as a teen when it came out, and Crusade came out so much later, I wonder if the votes are for the people who saw that new as kids. Personally, I think Raiders is vastly superior to Crusade.

Raiders is the best of the three in my opinion. It introduced us to Indy's own unique style of fun and adventure, that makes us all "want" to go the movies. It runs to the top of the list of my favorite movies.

I ate all your bees.
Easily Raiders, One of my all time favourite films. When I was a kid I watched all of the Indiana Jones and Last Crusade was my favourite but now that im 19 and slightly more wise I see now that Raiders is vastly superior. I still really like the Last Crusade and Temple though.

Well I don't know I like the fact that you can see how Indie was as a young boy adventurous even then. I guess I just found it interesting. Don't get me wrong I love all 3 but last crusade and raiders are even in my book with temple falling slightly behind.

Put me in your pocket...
For me...Raiders is the best from the series. It's more memorable will always be the classic.

The other two...Temple of Doom and Last Crusade I enjoyed alot...but as a whole movie they aren't as memorable for me. There were some scenes from both I still remember and liked, but they're still not quite as good as the original.

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Easily Raiders, One of my all time favourite films. When I was a kid I watched all of the Indiana Jones and Last Crusade was my favourite but now that im 19 and slightly more wise I see now that Raiders is vastly superior. I still really like the Last Crusade and Temple though.
And as for being more wise well it might or might not be true but thats each individual opinion of themselves... When I was younger Temple was my fav (I loved the monkey brains scene) but as I got older I leaned towards the Last Crusade

Delirious and deluded
The Last Crusade has always been my favorite.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Aniko
For me...Raiders is the best from the series. It's more memorable will always be the classic.

The other two...Temple of Doom and Last Crusade I enjoyed alot...but as a whole movie they aren't as memorable for me. There were some scenes from both I still remember and liked, but they're still not quite as good as the original.
Finally saw Temple of Doom and The Last Crusade this weekend with my kids. I still liked the original Raiders the best...The Temple of Doom second....and in third placeThe Last Crusade.

The kids enjoyed each movie.

It was a boring conversation anyway
Originally Posted by FigNewton
I loved all three but my vote is for The last crusade

Though the seen in The Raiders of the Lost Ark in the marketplace is memorable with the huge beefy swordsman looking as though he's about to chop Indie into bits, Indie cooly stands tall reaches for his holster and shoots the guy point blank.
That scene was actually a fluke. He was supposed to have a big fight with him but Harrison Ford had Indegestion and had to go to the restroom. So he shot the guy and went to the restroom.