Anti-Movie Tab I

Tools    

This is where you list movies you tried watching, but you gave up and couldn't finish them. Or maybe you'll finish them at another time.

I believe there's a "movies you couldn't even finish" thread, but this is a TAB. Post here after attempting to watch something and you couldn't finish it. Maybe only I need a thread like this, but, so be it.

Vampire in Brooklyn

I stopped watching after 15-20 minutes. I wanted to see it because Wes Craven directed it and Eddie Murphy was in it, but it was too dark, too horrific instead of funny, and it just felt like total crap and I didn't wanna spend another 77 minutes on it. Roger Ebert only gave it one star, confirming that it definitely wasn't worth watching. So I made the right decision.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	vampire_in_brooklyn.jpg
Views:	2205
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	19727  

Are you going to now purposefully turn off movies just so you can post in this thread?

Are you going to now purposefully turn off movies just so you can post in this thread?
Well, I've always thought there should be a thread like this because I actually do stop a lot of movies.

Besides, this will be a great resource if you need to find out what movies you might wanna avoid.

Now that I'm a geek who keeps records, I finish every movie.
Well, some people do that, but frankly, I think if it feels right... turn it off! I would have just been in misery watching the rest of Vampire in Brooklyn.

I've been watching several of Murphy's older films in recent weeks, but I had no plans of checking out Vampire in Brooklyn. I didn't know that Wes Craven directed it, though. That piques my interest a little bit.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This is where you list movies you tried watching, but you gave up and couldn't finish them. Or maybe you'll finish them at another time.

I believe there's a "movies you couldn't even finish" thread, but this is a TAB. Post here after attempting to watch something and you couldn't finish it. Maybe only I need a thread like this, but, so be it.

What's the difference between a "tab" and a "thread"?

What's the difference between a "tab" and a "thread"?
You just come in here and say what you've recently watched. Or in this case, what you recently couldn't finish watching.

In a thread, it's not so much about what recently happened.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You just come in here and say what you've recently watched. Or in this case, what you recently couldn't finish watching.

In a thread, it's not so much about what recently happened.

So if I tried watching a movie 30 years ago, but I hated it and walked out of the theater before it ended, that doesn't count?

So if I tried watching a movie 30 years ago, but I hated it and walked out of the theater before it ended, that doesn't count?
Right. That's a story for another thread.

Okay. Then I won't tell you what movies they were. (There were two movies.)
Thank you.

The Eichman Show - Wanted to see this, but needed the space to record other stuff. Wasn't in the mood but tried to watch it anyway. Not sure how far into it I got. For those who saw it,Hurwitz was starting to train the cameramen. I think it's on iPlayer, so I might be able to get to see it.

The Abominable Dr Phibes - 20 minutes in, but life got in the way. I'll try and get the rest of it seen this week.

Urbania

Didn't know much about this movie going in. Supposedly has a gay theme to it. The movie started with this man meeting this woman on the street of New York City or somewhere. They went to a room and they were gonna have sex. She ties him up to the bed. She drugs him. He wakes up in a bathtub with ice all over him, stands up - he's naked - and there's a big bandage on his side. She removed one of his kidneys.

I became disgusted and I was not in the mood for this sh*t, so I stopped the movie right then and there and went looking for something else.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Poster_of_the_movie_Urbania.jpg
Views:	1568
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	19730  

HK, Swan will be mad at Phibes.
I'm not, since he turned it off not out of dislike but because he had stuff to do, which I understand.

A system of cells interlinked
The Lion King
(Minkoff/Allers, 1994)

Here is a screen shot of the exact moment I just couldn't take it anymore: