most memorable armed robbery?

Tools    

1st thing that comes to mind is that movie wherein Bill Murray robs a bank in a clown suit.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Hmm...what about Pulp Fiction
"if any of you ******* ****** move I'm gonna execute every ************* last one of ya!"

Does swordfish count?

Tarintino freak.
Swordfish and Pulp fiction

dog day afternoon

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Just thought of the one in Thelma and Louise where Thelma says everything Brad Pitt told her about before and he and the cop are watching it on cctv.

Randomly visiting for now
Yeah Swordfish was cool, but I remember some of the ones in Bandits best. Bruce Willis' character says "I could shoot you!" and the bank lady goes "you couldn't hurt a fly Joe, everyone knows that". B - "comon lady that money is federally insured" L- "no! good manners are no excuse for armed robbery".

Then she helps them excape. Just sticks in my mind as different. It was a fun movie too.

Here to support the villians.......
Heat

Originally Posted by conanthebarbero
1st thing that comes to mind is that movie wherein Bill Murray robs a bank in a clown suit.
it's called quick change....

i have to agree with dog day afternoon...my husband loves quick change tho....

Good calls with hEAT and DOG DAY AFTERNOON.

There are so many brilliant hold ups but the one burned into my psyche more than any other is -

The opening scene of Peckinpah's THE WILD BUNCH- "If they move, kill em"

Peckinpah's THE GETAWAY with Steve McQueen is also way up there

Must mention Kubrick's masterful handling of armed robbery in THE KILLING.

Game over man..Game over!
Out Of Sight - George Clooney can't start the car up after robbing the bank...the movie was on TBS the other night

Pulp Fiction- cool start to movie

Point Break- The president masks were cool.

Can we try with real bullets now?
Originally Posted by got2envy
Point Break- The president masks were cool.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
I'll have to agree with Pulp Fiction and Dog Day Afternoon, but I will also have to throw in Employee of the Month.

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
I remember the robbery scene in Dead Presidents

So I guess it counts
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Dog Day Afternoon, and Reservoir Dogs

Even though in Reservoir Dogs, you never see it, it still makes for a hell of a after shock to all of them

"Walk down the right back ally in Sin City, and you'll find anything" Marv

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Heat - One helluva fight
Swordfish - ^^^
Oceans Eleven - If you call it an armed robbery
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Never a Frown with Golden Brown
Snatch in the beginning (though the music was kinda annoying), and the robbery in From Dusk till Dawn at the start.
Pulp Fiction - Reservoir Dogs - Kill Bill 1/2 - From Dusk Till Dawn - Meet Joe Black - 21 Grams - Snatch - Sin City - Ocean's Eleven - Fight Club - Lost in Translation - Once Upon A Time In Mexico - Hero (英雄version) - Super Troopers - The Big Lebowski - Dazed and Confused - Rolling Kansas - Made - The Rounders - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

In Repo Man. Ends with Duke dying on the floor of a 7-11 stand-in: " I know a life of crime has led me to this sorry fate, and yet, I blame society. Society made me what I am!"

Ooohhh.....good one.

Man, I love that line.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."