Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Night Before- 2015

Well. I went to this movie on Sunday afternoon instead of watching my fantasy team keep underperforming. Good choice. When this movie was announced I was extremely excited. Because it reunited Levine, Rogen and JGL from a movie I really enjoyed 50/50. Sony really pumped the money into marketing this thing. So did it meet my expectation? Honestly, probably not, but my expectation were probably unrealistically high. I was expecting a classic Xmas movie when in fact it will be played over and over again during the holidays but just missed the mark on classic. I did enjoy the flick, it is a very funny comedy. I laughed multiple times at it. And I enjoyed the characters and the story. However, the characters were not as deep as they could have been and resulted in the end being sorta unsatisfying character development wise. For example the history of the main relationship between Lizzy Caplan's character and JGL's is sort of just skimmed. So the end doesn't give that emotional impact it should. And that goes with a lot of the characters. It's what prevents it from becoming a classic. Notch under a classic.

Don't get me wrong I recommend it for a good laugh and a funny holiday movie to watch. Probably be Comedy Central's go to xmas movie for years.

3.3/5

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Welcome to the human race...
[center]Candy (2006)
Looks like you forgot to put in the rating, dude. Myself, I watched this at some point in the last few months and, well, I really did not think it was very good.

Anyway...

Joe Kidd -

Another movie where Clint is a badass cowboy, but it's been done so much better before and since.

@Lucas and Daniel M,

Well, my way of writing it could probably have been done better, but there's nothing wrong with judging someone after two movies. That only means I judge out of what I have seen, but obviously I have no final verdict or whatever on the director just yet. I just say how things are right now and after seeing two of his movies feeling the same, I don't see nothing wrong in saying how I currently feel.

The other I have seen is The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

Awesome that you liked it, SL!

It was on my horror list and I like it as a fun little time and nothing more. Cool you could also see some fun in the movie, I kind of didn't expect you to like it.

Unregistered User
Awesome that you liked it, SL!

It was on my horror list and I like it as a fun little time and nothing more. Cool you could also see some fun in the movie, I kind of didn't expect you to like it.
MM i'm a complete and utter sucker for home invasion movies. I actually made a list of the one's I liked so will send you the link. The Collector wouldn't be my favourite but it has its merits. Totally agree, fun little movie.

The Crying Game (1992) - Neil Jordan

Was expecting a thriller...it didn't turn out to be a chilling thriller but a nice film overall...

7.5 out of 10

Kvinden i buret/ The Keeper of Lost Causes (2013) - Mikkel Norgaard

Very highly enjoyable film with properly built up characters (thus the ending seemed touchable)...one or two things could have been done or thought better...

8 out of 10

Jagten/ The Hunt (2012) - Thomas Vinterberg

In a way, a very scary film...keeps one glued till the end and that slightly ambiguous ending fits nicely...wonderfully presented...

8.5 out of 10

I was just about to recommend Jagten to you, roy, one of these days. But I somehow figured you must've seen it before. Anyways, awesome that you liked it. Amazing film.

Have you watched Festen?

Zwartboek/ Black Book (2006) - Paul Verhoeven

A roller coaster ride of second world war with pieces of love, action, sex, betrayal, spy game and so much more...all in all, delivers a full package of entertainment...

8 out of 10

I was just about to recommend Jagten to you, roy, one of these days. But I somehow figured you must've seen it before. Anyways, awesome that you liked it. Amazing film.

Have you watched Festen?
No, I haven't...but I have heard about it. Will watch it next. If you have any recommendations, please do...

As you can see I am watching thrillers now...anything on that line will be much appreciated

Steeped Beauty, God is Beauty
SPECTRE was awesome. Lots of fun. It had me thinking. I really am a big fan of Daniel Craig. I think it deserves 4.5/5 for the genius way that the director, Sam Mendes, is relaying what he thinks about Bond as a character and a world class spy to the audience. I think it was incredible from start to finish. There was one scene, however, where Bond is being tortured by his nemesis, Blofeld, played by Christoph Waltz, which was too long for what it was meant to be, but that can be overlooked by the sincerity of the other scenes. Great acting. Lovely "Bond-girl" played by Lea Seydoux, and interesting plot twists near the end where James Bond is faced with a choice to save Seydoux's character, Swann, from a building with explosives in it. Overall, if I wanted to see this again, I would probably do it without regret. It is re-watchable and fairly entertaining if you are already invested in the franchise, emotionally speaking. The fun parts are fun, and even the stupid stuff is easy to laugh off. Some scenes, such as the one where Blofeld is in a dark, concealed location, sitting at a table, with many bad guys listening to him talk about his plans and desire for domination come off as a lazy job at telling the story--in other words, this one scene (and maybe one other) felt like no one behind the making of the film cared that we've seen evil masterminds doing this forever on screen! Yet, it is the collection of love that a lot of us have for the franchise...and for rooting for one guy who looks at the odds and doesn't care how they are tilted against him, as long as he thinks he can do the job for himself and his bosses, that makes everything balance out appropriately. Good watch.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…

A well-made film all around. It wasn't as intense as I thought it might be, short of Ruffalo's facial expressions. Only drawback is a twist at the end that left me scratching my head a bit. I either missed something or it just didn't work.

Ant-Man (2015)

A movie that could have been something bigger...

Man, what wasted potential this was. First off they should have never argued against Edgar Wright; but he was right to leave instead of making Hollywood garbage. Really though, I ant-icipated this to be amazing when I heard Edgar Wright was on board, but though you see hints of what could have been, this was instead made into your typical comic book blockbuster.

Surprisingly, there was not much tense action in this until the last 30 minutes... and here, it got pretty damn awesome. Why in the hell didn't they have more fun with the scale of things? There was some in the start, but towards the end it was really fun and action-packed delivered with a glimpse in the eye. I love the self-awareness and I'm sure there had been more of that if Wright had stayed on.

Anyways, this movie was not as good as I hoped, but it had some fun highlights and hints of greatness - especially the small scale action (never thought I should say that). So yeah, wasted potential but still pretty fun overall...

+