What movie genre are you craving?

Tools    

In the Beginning...
Do you ever just sometimes crave watching a movie from a particular style or genre? Even if they aren't that good, are there movies out there you sometimes want to watch because they quench your genre thirst?

If so, what are you craving now?

For me, it would have to be meditative, subdued, and/or supernatural sci-films like Solaris and Sunshine.

Also, I'm craving solitary, cut-off-from-everything, everyone-huddled-together horror/thrillers like The Thing and Identity. Good movies to watch by yourself at night in the dead of winter.

I crave Zombie movies sometimes.If you want to watch a thriller you can watch any old action movie or certain horror movies.But when you wanna watch a Zombie movie? It's gotta be a full on balls(or guts) out,lets huddle together in the dark and get our asses eaten Zompocalypse!

bee-tee-doubleU Identity is boss (I'm lovin me some John C et al)

I don't need a bigger boat.
Totally campy B grade films that think they are A grade films.
Every now and then I need to reboot my memory and clear my cache. You know, watch something that requires absolutely no gray matter what-so-ever.
Starship Troopers comes to mind.

I've been craving "survival horror" lately. I don't watch a lot of horror, but recently saw the remake of The Hills Have Eyes, and thought it was great. I guess I need to rent the sequel.

I've been craving "survival horror" lately. I don't watch a lot of horror, but recently saw the remake of The Hills Have Eyes, and thought it was great. I guess I need to rent the sequel.
I wouldn't bother...I found it a total waste of time. It was no where near as good as the first. The acting was atrocious and it just didn't make any sense.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
right now I am cracing a sci-fi romance with penguins, crap! They haven't made it yet, oh well

bokscutta
i really wanna see a good war movie again...when was the last time we had a good black hawk down?

i really wanna see a good war movie again...when was the last time we had a good black hawk down?
You might enjoy Rescue Dawn, though it's mostly about a Vietnam POW camp, and not really about the war as a whole.

You might enjoy Rescue Dawn, though it's mostly about a Vietnam POW camp, and not really about the was as a whole.
You might enjoy skipping the disappointing Rescue Dawn and seeing Herzog's excellent documentary on the same subject, Little Dieter Needs to Fly, even more.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Already saw Rescue Dawn (this afternoon, actually, if you can believe that). I liked it fine, but wasn't blown away or anything.

Anyway, I started reading about it and, as a result, I put Little Dieter Needs to Fly in my Netflix queue a few hours ago.

Even now I still have a residual craving for anime. Mostly stuff from the 1970s and 1980s though. Romance melodrama (Glass Mask, Rose of Versailles), Giant robot shows (original Gundam, Orguss, Macross, Armored Trooper Votoms), Katsuhiro Otomo-influenced sci-fi (Harmageddon, Robot Carnival, Neo-Tokyo), Leiji Matsumoto space operas (Captain Harlock, Space Battleship Yamato, Galaxy Express 999). I occasionally want to watch newer things but I know I'll just be disappointed.

Even for the older style stuff though, the time has probably passed when I could just watch anything in that complex of genres and like it.

Same with martial arts films, to a lesser extent (I can still usually watch the worst of those, if not completely enjoy them).

I used to watch a lot of horror/slasher movies but that demon was finally and completely exercised by I Spit on Your Grave.

Yeah, sometimes, but i don't mind what film i watch really as long as it isn't romance

I'm craving for another LOTR movie...the best fantasy movie I've ever watched...

.....doesn't know what to put here!
right now i'm into the comedy and disaster genres

I'd love to see a really good film noir or a Western that is really about the West and not a revisionist reflection of modern society. Maybe the French can still do film noir--Hollywood sure can't. And, with a couple of exceptions, it has been years and years since anyone made a good Western.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
For some reason I am craving Lemony Snickets a Series of Unfortunate Events

I'm craving one of those amazing-but-the masses-don't-really-get-it movies.