The Videogames Tab

Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
has anyone seen this yet? it's obviously a hoax, but a really well written, creepy story based around Majora's Mask, the best Zelda game, obviously.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Thinking about letting my boy dip into his savings for Reach, but I really hate paying full price for games

I've only been playing the campaign so far, on a technical level it's really dated - but they still do some really crazy stuff, the music is probably the best part of the single player.

has anyone seen this yet? it's obviously a hoax, but a really well written, creepy story based around Majora's Mask, the best Zelda game, obviously.
Haven't looked at the link, but is it about some guy buying Majora's Mask and then the game goes all weird, and Ben is a save file.

AND A LINK TO THE PAST IS THE BEST EVER ZELDA GAME! WITH LINKS AWAKENING COMING IN SECOND BY A HAIRS BREADTH!

N3wt look on the net and buy it if you want to, it's always cheaper. I think Tesco have a deal where you pay for 2100 MS points and then get the game for £28, which really works out as paying full price(ish) and getting free points. I have no idea if that deal is still on though.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
We bought it for Harry today so he can have it after school, hes been a very good boy and deserves it Im not a huge Halo fan but im looking forward to giving this sometime. Pedz we paid £37 for it in Asda

Cool, aren't/weren't Asda doing a deal that for £9 you get a Halo hoodie? I thnk the best deal was the Tesco one, but it may have finished yesterday.

Anyway, we'll have to play some games soon, I've been playing it in the nights with a lot of people off of a another forum, you know which one.

In the Beginning...
Wow. Started off great, kinda degraded into a whole lot of phoniness. I'm pretty sure it's all fake, but I gotta say, the videos are definitely weird. Majora's Mask does NOT play like that, and like the author says, there are a lot of animations shown that I flat out don't remember being in the game. Unless it's a modded version, I'm not sure what to make of those videos.

Re: Halo Reach

Bought it, played through campaign with four buddies, lots of fun. Here lately, we've been all about multiplayer (Firefight matchmaking is especially nice), and we've all been spending quite a bit of time in Forge. Very powerful creation tool, that. One friend re-made the original Halo: CE map "Damnation," and I'm working on "Chill Out." It's nice to be able to have this kind of freedom to restore long-forgotten maps or create all-new ones.

Wow. Started off great, kinda degraded into a whole lot of phoniness. I'm pretty sure it's all fake, but I gotta say, the videos are definitely weird. Majora's Mask does NOT play like that, and like the author says, there are a lot of animations shown that I flat out don't remember being in the game. Unless it's a modded version, I'm not sure what to make of those videos.
From what I've read of other peoples opinions they think it's been modded on the PC as they think the game looks to sharp and stuff like that. Basically an Emulation on PC modded to do different things.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
but I gotta say, the videos are definitely weird. Majora's Mask does NOT play like that, and like the author says, there are a lot of animations shown that I flat out don't remember being in the game. Unless it's a modded version, I'm not sure what to make of those videos.
well, obviously it's fake, that was never a question. i just thought it was a creative little story, and i thought the videos were great, too. Link all deformed, lol.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Beat Uncharted 2 and going for the platinum.

Probably the most cinematic game I have ever played.

Suspect's Reviews

The People's Republic of Clogher
I finished Uncharted 2 then found out that I had something like 25% of the trophies - That's just wrong.

Fantastically pretty game, it's true. I gave Assassin's Creed II another crack a few days ago and it's damn ugly in comparison.

Much more atmospheric though.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by meatwadsprite
Reach is about as impossible as it gets on legendary.
By yourself? If yes, that's nothing new. They've all been like that. Really, without at least one buddy to back you up, completing the game on Legendary is not possible. You might nab one or two levels here and there, but some of those missions are just bonkers.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I finished Uncharted 2 then found out that I had something like 25% of the trophies - That's just wrong.
That's the problem, their not story-based, which is a bit disappointing. It's all based on what you find, how many people you kill and how you kill them. Just like the first game, which I also loved. I didn't know how this one would be taking place the majority of the time in a city like atmosphere, but they pulled it off. The train sequence was simply astonishing.

I much prefer the mechanics of this game jumping around climbing on things than I do Assassin's Creed or Infamous. They feel more clunky to be and I just feel like I have better control with Drake.

No other game as of late has had me as interested in the story line as Uncharted 2 did. Just Cause 2, I couldn't tell you a damn thing about the story. Bad Company 2? All those first person shooters bleed together in their story lines. Unless you're Bioshock.

As a little easter egg in Uncharted 2: The strange relic is the precursor orb/egg from Jak and Daxter, one of my favourite series.

You want to post like me?

No other game as of late has had me as interested in the story line as Uncharted 2 did. Just Cause 2, I couldn't tell you a damn thing about the story. Bad Company 2? All those first person shooters bleed together in their story lines. Unless you're Bioshock.
Did you play Dragon Age?

The People's Republic of Clogher
That's the problem, their not story-based, which is a bit disappointing. It's all based on what you find, how many people you kill and how you kill them. Just like the first game, which I also loved. I didn't know how this one would be taking place the majority of the time in a city like atmosphere, but they pulled it off. The train sequence was simply astonishing.

I much prefer the mechanics of this game jumping around climbing on things than I do Assassin's Creed or Infamous. They feel more clunky to be and I just feel like I have better control with Drake.

As a little easter egg in Uncharted 2: The strange relic is the precursor orb/egg from Jak and Daxter, one of my favourite series.
Apart from Drake himself being an insufferable smartarse I agree with you about the story. It's as slickly done as anything I've seen in a game and the gameplay itself is a definite step up on the first Uncharted but I feel that both of them promised more than they actually delivered. At the end of the day they're Cover Shooters (I believe that this is a genre by itself now ) with a little bit of exploration when they could have been this gen's answer to Tomb Raider - Shooter/Puzzlers with loads of exploration.

Never realised that about the relic. Ain't played Jak and Daxter since the first one years ago.