The Videogames Tab

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Still playing Just Cause 2 Yoda?

You find the whale or hot air balloon yet?

Suspect's Reviews

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I have a question for anyone something strange keeps happening when I try and play mercenaries 2 while being connected to xbox live. When the game loads and gets to main menu it says connecting to EA servers and then just crashes my 360. WTF is going on? Its happening everytime I go on to the game, unless I disconnect from live then I can play the game but I want to play it online so any ideas guys what I can do?

The People's Republic of Clogher
It's probably something to do with EA - I can remember their servers being dodgy in NFS games.

The servers might even be down - they were permanently disconnected for the PC version of Mercs 2 in March.

That's the problem with games which weren't too popular. There's never many people playing them so they generally don't put too much effort into maintaining the online aspect.

EDIT - Here's a little fix I found via Google:

- download Army of Two (the 1st one) demo from XBL
- Run and start an online game and accept the Terms and Conditions
- If successful, go back to Mercenaries 2 and should be able to go online

Link

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Awesome cheers Taci I'll give it a go, it'll more than likly be done tomorrow now as the kids got Cbeebies on for the night time calm down But I'll let you know about it cheers dude.

Did you buy a copy of Crackdown after?

I haven't actually, but see it's on XBL for £14.99 (similar to what it is on disc) and now that I have a big hard drive I might buy it as a download.

Bought some 360 games recently that have hardly been out of the wrapper, though, so they come first. I got Halo 3 dirt cheap 'cos I figured I needed some sort of shooter, then Splinter Cell Double Agent for a tenner (Tescos have got a great budget section) because I've not played a SC game since the first one and finally Resonance of Fate because ... I dunno really.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Deffo get Crackdown at sometime mate its a cool game The sequel looks great aswell. I enjoy playing Halo 3 online its real fun I havent played any of the other ones you picked up, Let us know how they are mate.

I did the tutorial level for Splinter Cell: DA and it's pretty dated to be honest, like a PS2 game with slightly better graphics, but it's from the early days of this gen so to be expected.

I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to Stealth-em-ups and the last one I enjoyed was MGS4. Are there any decent newish ones out there?

Too bad that the Thief series seems to be dead.

Thought Thief 4 was in production?

Am I thinking of something else? More than likely that I am actually.

New American McGee's Alice coming, for those who like the first game.

Really? Hadn't heard that.

It all seems a bit sketchy for an 18 month old announcement (now that I've done a bit of digging) but I've been waiting patiently for Gran Turismo 5 and Thief 4 is a baby in those terms.

Incidentally, the three game Thief PC compilation is great value nowadays and there are a few texture mods floating around which tidy the graphics up for modern PCs.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I cleared HalfLife 2 last night loved it its such a cool game, im currently playing HL2 ep 1 now and its also awesome I have just left the carpark with the three antlion holes.

Ha! The Playstation+ August offers, with personal observations on brackets. Read 'em and weep, all you skinflint non-payers!

PSN PS3: Zen Pinball (already own it)

minis: Blast-Off, Alien Zombie Death (who cares about mobile phone games on an HD console?)

PSone: Medievil (don't own on PS3 but I've got a battered PS1 disc somewhere and haven't thought about playing it since the 90s)

Full Game Trial: inFamous, Mushroom Wars (own the first, couldn't give a damn about the second)

Discounts: Zen Pinball Earth Defence Table – 20%, Warhawk Triple Combo Pack – 50%, Super Stardust HD – 20%, WipeOutHD Fury – 20% (own them all except the Warhawk one - does anyone still play Warhawk? Didn't think so)

Premium Game Elements: Motorstorm Pacific Rift: Adrenaline Pack (don't won the game so useless to me)

Push Demo: Flower, Pixel Junk Shooter (own both of them)

Themes: “SCEE produced: PlayStation Plus Dynamic Theme, Heavy Rain Crime Scene Theme (erm, right)

2 x Heavy Rain Avatars (Bird and Butterfly) (ditto)
That, ladies and gentlemen, is the problem with PS+. It's sh*t and a rip-off.

The Gundemonium Collection is out on PSN. It'd be ace if it wasn't so flipping difficult, although that's probably because the last side-scrolling schmup I played was the original R Type.

This is like R Type with frilly skirts and cowboy gear. Excellent.

EDIT - This is better!

They ain't called 'bullet hell' games for no reason.

I'm shocking for letting things go too early and usually end up re-buying a proportion of games.

Picked up Heavy Rain again yesterday, not that I didn't enjoy it in the first place. I just didn't think it had much replay value and HMV were promising a £30 trade-in against GOW 3. Found myself wanting to give it another crack and try out some different scenarios and found a mint used copy for £25.

Which means I'm £5 up on the whole deal, if you look at things Irishly.

Another one which I should never have sold was The Orange Box and I found the cheapest new copy on Amazon, quite by chance, this morning when I was looking for something completely different. £7.99

Don't believe this. Just got an email from Amazon saying that my Orange Box order has been cancelled.

It was from one of the outside sellers, not Amazon themselves, so they've probably realised that they've mucked up their price for the game and pulled my order. Too good to be true.

You want to post like me?
Anyone else a bit excited about Two Worlds 2? I know, I know, the first one sucked but that extremely deep crafting mechanic and just the game play footage tickles that RPG center in my brain.

Tatty?

There was a good game trying to get out in Two Worlds, but only the PC version. The 360 one was so horribly ported that it was unplayable in places.

I've been burned a few too many times by these European RPGs - Two Worlds, Gothic III (such a shame considering the first two), Risen, Divinity II etc etc

Then along comes The Witcher and blows them all out of the water.

You want to post like me?
The Witcher? PC only?

I'm gonna pick up Dead Rising 2 when it comes out (if the reviews aren't terrible) and let you know how it is. I just think the free roaming is gonna be extremely fun in itself, especially in co-op. I've heard they've added combo rooms where you can combine different items (like lawnmower blades and a vacuum cleaner) to create a bunch of awesome weapons. I mean, come on! That's zombie killing heaven man! I'd buy the game just for that.

Yep PC only but I think it's the best PC RPG since Neverwinter Nights. A small Polish company developed it then had plans for a console-based follow-up, which hit the rocks. I've heard rumours of a new Witcher game in the pipeline, though, but I suspect it'll be a PC exclusive as well. It's probably cheaper than porting and optimizing for consoles but means they'll sell a fraction of the copies.

One of the great things about the producers was that when they brought the special edition of The Witcher (with a 1.5GB patch and soundtrack CD), everyone who'd bought the original game was able to download it direct from the company for free. You'd never get such good customer relations from the big studios.