The Guitar Guild

Tools    

This is very good, you can play very well.

Thank you i really appreciate that.

I'm very lazy when it comes to recording I'll play a song over and over, and then when it comes time to record it I'll do one take and say good enough, I'm just lazy. This is cut down from 6 min of me playing though.

Thank you i really appreciate that.

I'm very lazy when it comes to recording I'll play a song over and over, and then when it comes time to record it I'll do one take and say good enough, I'm just lazy. This is cut down from 6 min of me playing though.
I'm kind of similar. I just record whatever is in my mind, and don't try to perfect it, just put it down then move on to something else. It's a bad habit.

You ready? You look ready.
Almost bought a classical guitar today. Stopped in the pawn shop to check out their game boy games, and they were having a 20% off guitars sale.

Found an Alvarez AC65 which was calling to me (I really want a mahogany guitar) that would have been $230ish. But the case with it wasn’t a hardshell, and I really don’t need another guitar atm

Still… it was a beauty

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
At some point today, my new guitar will arrive at the workplace. If anyone remembers from my early post, my first purchase was an old Gibson SG Special back in 2004, I think. It was the cheapest SG I could find and wanted it because I thought that was the model Kim Thayil of Soundgarden played. I mean, they both had horns and I had not even heard of "Guild" at that point. It would be years layer that I learned my mistake reading that his model was actually a Guild Polara S-100. Oh well.

For a few years now, I've kept this on my wish list over at Sweetwater. A few months back, I saw that it was on sale but had too many other distractions in life to seriously consider one. I did not realize that the sale was to clear out inventory and SW would not restock. Sigh.

Well, last week I saw that SW had a new guitar in stock. A Guild Polara, to be exact. Actually, it was a Kim Thayil signature model! Yeah, the signature is a stamp, but whatever. It has a few Soundgarden design finfishes on the headstock and tone knobs so I'm good with that. There were two. I ordered one, and I am geeky excited. I expect this will become my default player. I doubt it will ever be a collector's item, but who knows. At least I now have closure in this footnote of my life.

Pics from the storefront site:

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

At some point today, my new guitar will arrive at the workplace. If anyone remembers from my early post, my first purchase was an old Gibson SG Special back in 2004, I think. It was the cheapest SG I could find and wanted it because I thought that was the model Kim Thayil of Soundgarden played. I mean, they both had horns and I had not even heard of "Guild" at that point. It would be years layer that I learned my mistake reading that his model was actually a Guild Polara S-100. Oh well.

For a few years now, I've kept this on my wish list over at Sweetwater. A few months back, I saw that it was on sale but had too many other distractions in life to seriously consider one. I did not realize that the sale was to clear out inventory and SW would not restock. Sigh.

Well, last week I saw that SW had a new guitar in stock. A Guild Polara, to be exact. Actually, it was a Kim Thayil signature model! Yeah, the signature is a stamp, but whatever. It has a few Soundgarden design finfishes on the headstock and tone knobs so I'm good with that. There were two. I ordered one, and I am geeky excited. I expect this will become my default player. I doubt it will ever be a collector's item, but who knows. At least I now have closure in this footnote of my life.

Pics from the storefront site:

Beautiful guitar

Updates!!

The only downside is that it did not come with a hardshell. Dude?

Kingdom Animal album logo on the headstock!

Badmotorfinger album logo on the back!!! KIM THAYIL'S (stamp) SIGNATURE!!!

Looks way nicer than an SG! Congratulations on your new love interest
I've named her Bessie, and I've already got lipstick stains on my shirt collar.

o . O

You ready? You look ready.
asked my teacher to order me a looper pedal because i was paralyzed by all the options. the next day a Stagg rep came in and that’s how i ended up with this one.

asked my teacher to order me a looper pedal because i was paralyzed by all the options. the next day a Stagg rep came in and that’s how i ended up with this one.

They're so much fun. Think I have 4 different ones now.

cool, which models? do you have a favorite?
-I started with a Line 6 DL4, which is a classic green monster with some lovely delays too.
-Then I got a Hologram Microcosm, which is a mad insane granular delay pedal with a looper as a secondary effect
-Then I got a Chase Bliss blooper, which is so much fun it's insane - it can mashup and reverse and cut up bits of your loop and slice them back in different points and all sorts.
-Then I got a Ditto x4. This is really useful if you record songs as it can sync to the tempo of your software and your loop is then in time to any drums you have. It's my new favorite as I've been recording alot lately and its such a good 'songstarter'tool - even if you take the loops out of the song and re-record them, the song is already constructed. Very useful.

This is the Blooper:

I should probably sell some of my pedals.

Recently went back to school and I'm realizing i can't get anything done if my guitar is sitting right next to me. Looking at me "come on, just that one thing you played the other day."

Any metal, specifically death metal and brutal death metal, guitarists here?

A system of cells interlinked
Any metal, specifically death metal and brutal death metal, guitarists here?
It's funny, my wife and I hit plenty of death metal shows, and listen to a ton of death and black metal, but I don't ever play it on my guitar...

Three years into my guitar journey, & I have decided to work on my left thumb placement, to allow my fretting hand to stretch more than the usual.

I am now holding it much lower, behind the fretboard, & quietly dealing with the initial pains of messing with the muscle memory. Hopefully my hand will get used to it eventually & make me an even better player.