RIP Angelo Badalamenti

Tools    

The genius behind the scores to many of David Lynch's works, most famously Twin Peaks, has passed away aged 85.

His work is undeniably one of the best and most memorable elements of the show. I've just rewatched it with my girlfriend and it stands out how beautiful his work is. Same year as the incredible Julee Cruise too.

Hearing this news immediately made me think of this special video.

Aw man. He was such a huge part of why Twin Peaks is so great.

Just saw this on Twitter. Absolutely terrible. As a Twin Peaks I love his work with David Lynch and Julee Cruise.

I also think his work on the movie Beach is underrated. It's a bit different to his usual works, but wonderful music nevertheless.

RIP genius.

As a big fan of David Lynch, I can't help but be saddened by this great loss.
His iconic score was undoubtedly a major contributing factor to the success of Twin Peaks.
And that opening credits sequence in Mulholland Drive - a car in the night and that haunting ambient music in the background... mesmerizing.
Truly a magical composer.

RIP Mr Badalamenti!

R.I.P. I've never heard anything quite like his Twin Peaks and Fire Walk With Me soundtracks. The soundtracks to the Silent Hill video games - which likely took inspiration - come close, but I've never listened to music that atmospheric, enrapturing or foreboding before or since. He and Lynch, like Spielberg and Williams or Hitchcock and Herrmann, are one of the best director and composer partnerships of all time.

A system of cells interlinked
Aw no, more sad news...

Have always loved his work on pretty much anything he touched. A true creative talent.