The Top MoFos Countdown Part 2

Tools    

Since everybody wrote write ups I feel like I should too.

I have been to dozens of internet forums. In fact I have even helped to found a political party in Brazil that was first organized in an internet forum. I have had very serious discussions in those forums involving topics ranging from military history to economic theory. However, this forum is rather special in that it's a very "homely" place, very personal in a way and feels more like a virtual family rather than a forum. In fact, I had difficulty not posting here so "addicted" I was, even when I decided to quit I forced myself to insult everybody so that it would discourage me to post here again. Though now I obviously regret that for obvious reasons.

There are many people I like here as well and I hope to be less confrontational in the future (it's a symptom from my long years in more confrontational political forums). MoFo a forum worth staying in and indeed it's perhaps the best English language forum I have encountered. I post here continuously even though most of my interests (such as heavy metal music, animation, strategic computer games and graphic novels) are not shared among most people here. However, for instance, I feel more like posting here about a review of an animated series than in a forum about animation also because in those forums the marginal value of my review would be lower than here where knowledge about animation is more scarce.

I also should point out that I decided to register here at the same time that I had decided to move to the US. Since I was moving into the US I decided to get in touch with Americans online before seething my feet in the US. I had learned a lot. Thanks for everybody.

I'm glad you stayed Guap. But yeah... I feel addicted to this site too sometimes. I'm supposed to be doing a Job Profile at work... I'm at work right now... but instead I keep coming here hoping something interesting was posted. :3

I'm glad you stayed Guap. But yeah... I feel addicted to this site too sometimes. I'm supposed to be doing a Job Profile at work... I'm at work right now... but instead I keep coming here hoping something interesting was posted. :3
Maybe Sexy should start the 'Getting over MoFo Addiction' thread.

Master of My Domain
Maybe Sexy should start the 'Getting over MoFo Addiction' thread.
Then that would make the only helpful thread Sexy has made since the Support Thread.

I also should point out that I decided to register here at the same time that I had decided to move to the US. Since I was moving into the US I decided to get in touch with Americans online before seething my feet in the US. I had learned a lot. Thanks for everybody.
I'm kinda saddened that you had to learn about America by joining this forum. This forum is hardly American.

It's German.

Hey, maybe I chose this Anne Frank Jake Gyllenhaal avatar because I've been feeling like Anne Frank lately. Hmmmm. Interesting.

What, hiding in an attic from nazis?
I'm not saying I've been dealing with Nazis.

Nope.

Just been feeling a little Anne Frankish lately. That's all. It happens to all of us.

In fact, I had difficulty not posting here so "addicted" I was,
I think I'm also starting to get addicted... today I was checking the forum while in a conference call at work

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Ever since I joined this forum, however, life has felt better. The sun shines a little brighter. Instead of being sullen and quiet and walking around like I hate everybody, I wake up most mornings in a good mood. I've got pep in my step. I smile more often, crack jokes more often. I feel, for the first time in a long time, happy. And it's all because of you guys. I only joined this forum to write about movies. Now that's secondary to me. I just enjoy coming here every day and hanging out with friends, having a good time, sharing a laugh, hearing about what everybody's been up to. There have been times in my life when I've felt alone in the world. Seven billion people on the planet and I can't reach out to a single one of them. Now I feel like I have an entire community who cares about me. You guys give me strength. You make me feel good about myself again. You instill in me the kind of confidence that I need to continue striving for personal goals.
Whenever I think about Movie Forums this is the image that it creates in my mind.

Let's face it, the majority of us seem to be pretty broken in one fashion or another; depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, social phobia, health concerns etc (and that's just me!). And yet by coming together it seems to kind of work. We cobble each other together and create something a little odd, but undeniably wonderful.

Movie Forums - The Forum of Misfit Toys

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Oh yeah and regarding the big discussion about rep, personally I've never really gotten the big deal about rep. I've rarely concerned myself with it

Finished here. It's been fun.
I love how this thread turned into a rep comparing contest lol.