Favorite Shots of All Time

Tools    

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
^^^dolarhydecb what film is that from?
Godfather III.

Game over man..Game over!
Jaws- The scene at begining when the girl goes swimming at night and gets attacked, any time in the movie when you know the shark is there but you can't see it and you hear the music.Then the scene when you finally see the shark slide on the boat and Brody has the cigarette in his mouth with a freaked out look and he says "you're gonna need a bigger boat"

Star Wars- a New Hope- The start sequence when the Star Destroyer flys over head.The scene at Mos Eisley Cantina with all the aliens.

The Matrix- that whole movie was awesome.

LOTR- The Hobbit house and Gandalf, they make him look so big.

Lets put a smile on that block
I love this thread!

American Beauty - Lester looks up and views Angela swimming in a million rose petals falling slowly from the ceiling of his bedroom. 'Spectacular.'

Beauty and the Beast - The sweeping shot of Belle and the Beast dancing in the ballroom to Angela Landsbury's 'A Tale As Old As Time'

Edward Scissor Hands - As Edward carves an Ice Angel in Kim's back yard, she dances in the falling ice catching it like snow on her hands.

Magnolia - As the frogs rain from the sky outside the library, their shadows dance around Stanley Spector as he finally understands that he's not as weird as he thinks he is.

Cast Away - When Chuck climbs to the highest point of the Island, and silently retrieves the rope he intended to use to hang himself a year earlier...in order for him to survive.

Babe - The wide shot of Farmer Hoggit and Babe standing on the competition field with the crowd cheering, and the single beam of sunlight shining down on the two of them.

Contact - As Elle travels through wormhole after wormhole, she finally releases herself from her harness to catch the floating compass given to her by her lover Palmer Joss.

Dark City - The first time we see the twisting and altering affects of the strangers tuning on the city in which all of its human inhabitants lay unconcious.

Requiem For a Dream - After the lonelyness, hallucination and fear has driven Helen Goldfarb from her home, she runs along the grey, blurred streets with her bright red hair and bright red dress screaming for someone to help her.

Finding Nemo - As Nemo makes his way to school, Mr Ray soars over the teeming reef, and accompanied by Thomas Newmans beautiful score, we see the true colour and life which lay under the sea as Nemo looks downwards in awe.

Panic Room - As Meg and Sarah lay asleep on the top floor, the camera follows the thieves attempts to enter their home, by passing though each object that lay in its way such as a key hole, kettle handle and chair frame. There are so many shots in this film that are simply superb.

Pleasantville - When Skip drops Mary Sue off from their trip to Lovers Lane, the smile on his face as he drives away emphasises the loss of all innocence, and as the camera draws downwards, we see a blooming, glistening, bright red rose amongst the grey flowers. Once again too many beautiful shots in this movie.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Dark City - The first time we see the twisting and altering affects of the strangers tuning on the city in which all of its human inhabitants lay unconcious.
Great one, Blibster!

I love this flick and it's chock full of great shots. My favorite is when Murdoch finally unleashes his power against the main captor. Their energy walls collide and Murdoch leans waayyy in, screaming at the top of his lungs…

Great flick.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I ate all your bees.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I love the shot in A Fistfull of Dollars when Joe first confronts the Baxter men.

"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

...but before he goes to confront them, he says to the coffin maker, "Get three coffins ready." Then, when the men fail to apologize to Joe's mule and Joe has to plug 'em, he walks back by the coffin maker saying, "My mistake. Four coffins..."

The way all this is filmed adds not only to the tension crackling in the air, but lends a romantic and dreamlike quality to the anti-hero. Every gunfight is beautifully shot...I love 'em all.
I just watched that movie and that has easily become one of my favourite shots also!

Eating you Since 1984
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
is that from 'the Thing'
of course

There are those who call me...Tim.
I criticised the film for this shot before, but after seeing it again I've completely changed my mind.
The opening shot for Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, I now think is brilliant. I can't find the words to describe it properly, so I'll just leave it at that

DUDE!!! CHILL WITH THE PICTURES!!!

****-in-A! Not every picture you find from that site can be your favorite shot of all time. Jesus.

Try typing once in a while...or being more choosy.

Ah, **** it. Who cares?

Ah, **** it. Who cares?

Me..........ow

I care...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Welcome to the human race...
Top shots

Apocalypse Now - during the bridge sequence where Willard's in the dark and the light slowly passes over him, illuminating those eyes...

Taxi Driver - Travis near the end - *pow*. You know what I mean.

This Is Spinal Tap - the shot of Derek Smalls at the start of "Big Bottom".

Team America - the shot near the start where Osama bin Laden does that angry face.

Repo Man - the motorcycle cop gets vaporized.

I must think of more...

My favorite shot would have to be in the movie Sixteen Candles. When all along her birthday is nothing but her dream to remembered, Jake makes her dream come true. The shot *both characters sitting on a glass table, facing eachother with a cake with sixteen candles lite in between them* SO PRICELESS

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by Iroquois

Team America - the shot near the start where Osama bin Laden does that angry face.

dude that scared the hell outta me but it was super top notch variety of cool

Lets put a smile on that block
Just saw A Very Long Engagement and can honestly say almost every shot was just beautiful. One of my favourites was the spider coming down from the ceiling and landing on the cheek of Matild's fiancee as they lay in each others arms. So sweet.

Can we try with real bullets now?
In Goodfellas near the beginning of the movie where Henry blows up a parking lot full of cars

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Just saw A Very Long Engagement and can honestly say almost every shot was just beautiful. One of my favourites was the spider coming down frmo the ceiling and landong on the cheek of Matild's fiancee as they lay in each others arms. So sweet.
Ten of my favorite shots from Jean-Pierre Jeunet’s A Very Long Engagement.
  • Célestin Poux carries Mathilde on his shoulders in the field that used to be Bingo Crépuscule.
  • Young Mathilde fantasizes about Manech saving her life at the lighthouse.
  • Tina Lombardi murders the man who shot her man like a mad dog.
  • Bénédicte cries out of guilt and shame, which causes Mathilde to smile with satisfaction.
  • Tina’s execution by guillotine.
  • Young Manech carries Mathilde up to the top of the lighthouse.
  • Benoît Notre-Dame is thrust into the air after the second bomb lands in his lap.
  • Elodie and Bastoche get it on!
  • Germain Pire being chased down the hillside by all the members of Tina’s hometown.
  • The closing pull-away shot of Mathilde as she looks at Manech.

I could easily name every other minute of the entire film too, Blibby. Jeunet’s films are just as pleasurable to experience visually as they are intellectually/spiritually. Even plain old scenes that are just there to continue the plot are often better than many filmmakers best scenes (see attachments for examples).

Great choice!
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	2004_a_very_long_engagement_010.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	5098   Click image for larger version

Name:	2004_a_very_long_engagement_019.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	5099   Click image for larger version

Name:	2004_a_very_long_engagement_023.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	5100   Click image for larger version

Name:	2004_a_very_long_engagement_025.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	5101   Click image for larger version

Name:	2004_a_very_long_engagement_029.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	207.6 KB
ID:	5102  

I got for good luck my black tooth.
[*]Tina’s execution by guillotine.
Inspired by the film of the last public execution in France.