Kick-Ass Review

→ in
Tools    

Kick Ass stars Matthew Vaughn and stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Chloe Grace Moretz. It is directed supremely well, and has action so brilliant, it makes some of the Marvel stuff, (X-Men Origins: Wolverine) and is Edgar Wright-esque. However, sometimes it is style over substance, like some of the mob scenes. They also leave some plotlines hanging, like Kick-Ass having scorched nerve endings and "looking like Wolverine." Kick-Ass gets an A-.

Welcome to the human race...
Kick Ass stars Matthew Vaughn
He's the director, not the star.

It is directed supremely well, and has action so brilliant, it makes some of the Marvel stuff, (X-Men Origins: Wolverine)
Makes it...what, exactly?

and is Edgar Wright-esque.
Matthew Vaughn is the middle point between Edgar Wright and Zack Snyder - and no, that is not a compliment to Vaughn (or Snyder).

However, sometimes it is style over substance, like some of the mob scenes.
"Sometimes"? The whole movie is style over substance.

They also leave some plotlines hanging, like Kick-Ass having scorched nerve endings and "looking like Wolverine."
The bit about the nerve endings is not a plot line, it is a plot development. It is brought up to explain why Kick-Ass can take more damage (and thus become a better crime-fighter) after his disastrous beginning, then it isn't brought up again.

Kick-Ass gets an A-.
Despite all those flaws?

Anyway, there is an existing thread for Kick-Ass, but it features one of my least favourite reviews. I re-watched it and wrote a second review since then and, well, I hated it.

This member seems to me to be a bit dodgy at best. He started going thread to thread with one word and one sentence replies and is now making some questionable posts and threads.

I'll give it till he reaches 25 posts and see if he starts posting links.

You're right abut Matthew Vaughn, I mistyped. Thanks for your feedback.

By the way, do you people enjoy trashing others? You two go from thread to thread with negative comments and no constructive criticism. I hope you change your ways.

By the way, do you people enjoy trashing others? You two go from thread to thread with negative comments and no constructive criticism. I hope you change your ways.

Really? This thread of yours is the first I’ve commented in. Not sure where you’re judging my quality of posts from.

If you want some constructive criticism:

The point I was making is that your posts have been sporadic and of questionable content in terms of posting on a Forum.

The first few posts you made were random in terms of the theme of the threads you were posting in.
CiCi’s Top Finales thread when you went in and put up a handful of random movies, with no attempt to engage in his thread or even read what the point and theme of his thread was before you posted.
You simply went in, posted 3 movies, and moved on to another thread.

Another instance is going into threads and posting one word, or one sentence posts that are incoherent with the topic that people are currently talking about.
The example being the Worst Cinema Experience thread… a post with “Lol” and another post with “That sucks” and also your post of Man of Steel. So disappointing! Best btw is Indiana jones trilogy marathon at the Alamo Drafthouse”none of those posts have any connection to any post that anyone else has made in that thread, and no connection to the thread itself either. In fact, Yods even pulled you up on that one too.

Some background info: we get a lot of people (and sometimes bots) here that post really short, "filler" type posts designed to circumvent some of our anti-spam restrictions. So when people see someone respond with just "Lol" or "That sucks" (particularly when those two are double-posted to the same thread rather than placed into one post), they get suspicious. Understandably so.

There's generally a big "quality over quantity" lean here (at least, outside of game threads and the like). So don't take it personally.

In fairness, I did make some constructive criticisms regarding incomplete sentences and identifying a singular development as a hanging plotline. The review is too short to get much more criticism, constructive or otherwise.

In fairness, I did make some constructive criticisms regarding incomplete sentences and identifying a singular development as a hanging plotline. The review is too short to get much more criticism, constructive or otherwise.
That's true. I will try to make my reviews longer from now on.

You don't necessarily have to make them longer, it's more a question of what you can communicate most effectively regardless of how long or short the whole review ends up being.

Ok. Thanks. I apologize if I was rude before. I was being kind of a douche.