Green Lantern

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
i dont consider SpikeTV cable.

Showtime or HBO is what i was thinking of.
It would never work. Premium channels, such as HBO or Showtime, would be the best place for a gritty Punisher show to thrive, however, a majority of people who would watch it, don't pay for HBO or Showtime.

Basic cable channels could support it, if they did it right.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Spawn was awesome (the animated series). On regular cable.....i shudder to contemplate.

also for an extra $5 a month im kinda surprised HBO isn't more widely subscribed to.

First Look at Parallax in Green Lantern?

Originally Posted by Superherohype
The Daily Blam! is reporting that the following image is our first look at Parallax in Green Lantern. The image apparently comes from an upcoming issue of the "Green Lantern" comic, much like the new photo we got of Hector Hammond in "Green Lantern #59." We're not sure how this image got out so early considering issues #60 and 61 won't hit stores until December (if this image is indeed in one of those). The character is described as follows:
An ancient horror, Parallax the living embodiment of fear, a demonic parasitic entity which would travel from world to world, causing entire societies to destroy themselves out of fear and paranoia. It is known to ravage planets and strike terror into the hearts of even the Guardians of the Universe.
The film's official synopsis also talks about Parallax:
In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, a small but powerful force has existed for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps. A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers. But when a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan.
Opening in 3D and 2D theaters on June 17, the Martin Campbell-directed adaptation stars Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard, Tim Robbins, Mark Strong, Taika Waititi, Temuera Morrison, Angela Bassett, Jay O. Sanders and Jon Tenney.

GREEN LANTERN Screenwriter Dashes Hopes of Superman Cameo & Hints at Other Easter Eggs

Originally Posted by Daily BLAM!
Marc Guggenheim speaks out about the inclusion and exclusion of certain Green Lantern Corps aliens, the minute hope of seeing a Clark Kent cameo in the film and other script details.

Martin Campbell's Green Lantern tells the story of a small but powerful force that has existed in the universe for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps. A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring which draws upon the bearer's willpower to grant him magnificent power. When a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds), a gifted and cocky test pilot. With the encouragement of fellow pilot and childhood sweetheart Carol Ferris (Blake Lively), if Hal can quickly master his new powers and find the courage to overcome his fears, he may prove to be not only the key to defeating Parallax…he will become the greatest Green Lantern of all.
Veteran screenwriters Greg Berlanti, Michael Green & Marc Guggenheim were behind the ever changing script of Green Lantern from the beginning. Though hard at work on the film's sequel script, as well as another DC comics character film adaptation The Flash, Guggenheim spoke to MTV News about his overall thoughts of the film and several of the things that have inevitably been removed from his draft.

How the film looks so far:
"I’ve seen a fair amount [of the film] Everything I’ve seen has completely blown me away — and I really say that as a fanboy. When we wrote the script, we did not expect to make the movie. It was really like, 'Let's do a good enough job that Warner Bros. wants hire us to write another movie.' As far as I’m concerned, the whole thing is... It's more than wish fulfillment, because I didn’t even have a realistic wish. It’s amazing. Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively are so good together it is ridiculous. Peter Sarsgaard is unbelievable. People are going to draw comparisons in his performance to Heath Ledger in 'The Dark Knight.' It is just that good. Mark Strong is ridiculously great. The cast is amazing. The look of the movie is unlike anything you’ve ever seen — and it needs to be. That’s what the concept requires. I think it’s going to be really spectacular."
Possibility of hidden Easter Eggs in the film:
"I think there will be plenty of Easter Eggs in the movie on other fronts. I’m a sucker for those. I’m the voice for those. I’m always thinking we can fit in that name or we can fit in that character. I’ll always do that. It's always fun to have those things. I’ll tell you another thing. Michael Green, my co-writer, had written a bit where when the ring is going over the Earth. We made a little bit more of Abin Sur’s speech about finding someone honest land brave, and the ring speeds right over Washington, D.C. without stopping, which I thought was funny. Every time I read that in a draft, that made me laugh out loud, but we took that out. The whole point of writing a script, particularly when it is going into production, is to play around with a bunch of different things. Some things get changed for creative reasons. Some things get changed for budgetary reasons. Some things get changed just because you think you come up with a better idea. You play around. We did a minimum of five drafts so there was all sorts of different things that we tried and experimented with."
The inclusion of fan favorite Green Lantern alien Ch'p:
"I can pretty much promise that Ch'p will not be in the movie. Martin’s favorite Lantern, who is in the movie, is Bzzd. The funny thing is, from our very first meeting with Martin, he came onto the project and really knew his stuff. He was able to quote Lanterns and said 'I love Bzzd' from the start. I was like, 'Okay, I guess Bzzd is in the movie.'"
Finally, will the brief Superman cameo he wrote appear in the film:
"[The Superman cameo] survived several drafts. Ultimately, it was cut for budgetary reasons. We took it out in one of our later drafts. After my interview with you, of course. The Clark Kent cameo is still near and dear to my heart. I really wanted it to be in the movie. You never know — it can still happen. If Tom Welling has a free hour or two, you never know." He added, jokingly.
Green Lantern is currently scheduled for release in 3D and 2D on June 17, 2011 by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

"How the film looks so far:.....Peter Sarsgaard is unbelievable. People are going to draw comparisons in his performance to Heath Ledger in 'The Dark Knight.' It is just that good."

That is a bold statement but hey i'm getting more and more excited about this flick.

it looks like it could be good or not I may go see it.

Semper Fooey
That is better than that trailer, but I am not getting a good vibe from it. At least that shows all the Green Lanterns.

I like Ryan Reynolds n that but this just looks like a CGI mess waiting to happen. Martin Campbell is a pretty solid director so it has some potential...

I used to think the Green Lantern was the dumbest superhero power this side of Aqua man, but man this looks good.
&feature=related

same stuff, but with commentary,,which is very cool.

Green Lantern Movie Panel at WonderCon 2011 with Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively & Geoff Johns

the whooos of teh camera guy nothwithstanding, some decent stuff here:

Semper Fooey
I only liked Green Lantern when he was fighting with all the other alien Green Lanterns. His power by itself is kind of stupid.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I only liked Green Lantern when he was fighting with all the other alien Green Lanterns. His power by itself is kind of stupid.
Gotta go with ya Will.

I put him right there with The Wonder Twins.

From Superherohype.com

THE FULL GREEN LANTERN PRESS CONFERENCE

It was almost like an audience with the Green Lantern Corps--or maybe the Guardians of the Universe--the way that the cast and filmmakers behind Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment’s Green Lantern assembled on a raised dais before the press to shed some emerald light on how they brought Hal Jordan and company to the big screen.

Stars Ryan Reynolds (Hal Jordan/Green Lantern), Blake Lively (Carol Ferris), Mark Strong (Sinestro) and Peter Sarsgaard (Hector Hammond) joined director Martin Campbell, screenwriter Greg Berlanti and producer Donald De Line to play it fast and loose when it came to talking about the ring-slinger, and SuperHeroHype was on hand to assemble their thoughts into one big green, glowing conversation
Often the Q&A's amount to little more than scripted exchanges, but i found the answers for the most part to be well thought out and also refreshingly honest in terms of shout-outs to other comic properties for instance.

Here are a few of the highlights imo :

Q: Martin, you brought James Bond back twice. You brought Zorro to modern screens and now you're launching this DC Comic book franchise. What's ideal for you in creating and launching new things and what things will be on the DVD?

Martin Campbell: Well, I'm cheap. No, no. The thing is that I've never done a comic book movie before. Superheroes, I guess, yes. Bond is a kind of a form of a superhero and Zorro, obviously, but I've never done a superhero movie before. I wasn't even versed in the comic when it came through the door. Once having read them and so forth, it just sort of fascinated me, the whole world of Green Lantern – going to another planet, going to the center of the universe. So that's really why I did it. What is it about me? These things aren't about me. These things are a huge team effort by everybody. It's always sort of handed across to the director and I'm on the guy on the floor, certainly, but Donald, my producer, a huge contribution from him as with Greg, the writer, and the actors. So, unlike a lot of movies these things are very much a team effort, and in this case particularly so.
SuperHeroHype: Ryan, as you got into the comic book mythology what discoveries did you make that you wanted to keep in mind, to make this superhero stand out from the batch of other heroes we've got coming out on the big screen?

Reynolds: Well, a lot of the current iterations of superheroes are a little bit darker and a little bit more serious in tone. The thing that I distilled from diving into that mythology and that universe is that there's a tone that's a little bit different. It's a bit of a throwback in that sense. There's a lot of fun with the character. He's not a character that's overly funny, but he's witty. I always kind of say he's that guy that can throw a punch, tell a joke and kiss a girl. There's something really iconic and fun about that guy because anything is possible with that guy. So, for me, there wasn't any particular narrative or storyline because we were telling an origin story in this film, but it was mostly just tone. It was mostly just finding out who Hal Jordan was, and also distilling what it is that the fanboys who love this character, what it is that they love about him and making sure that can be found up onscreen. If they love it there's a good chance that a broader audience is also going to love it as they're being introduced to this character for the first time.
Q: Ryan, you were a fanboy yourself, that you read a lot of comic books. What's your background with comic books? You've played Deadpool, too – how many superhero characters do you plan to knock off?

Reynolds: Well, by 2014 I'm going to do Wonder Woman, but after that I think I'm going to hang it up. I'm going to hang up the lasso and the short, short, shorts. Growing up I read a bit of "X-Men" stuff, and I loved Deadpool. My brother introduced me to Deadpool, and that was a character that I loved, but beyond that I didn't know that much about comics. Those are the ones that I kind of stuck to. But Deadpool is a character that I love and I got a great opportunity to play him in more sort of an ancillary sense in a film which was great because it allowed me to jump in and play him, but then not be committed to too much beyond that. I do have that film that's in development still and we'll see what happens with that. But for the most part Green Lantern is the first real iconic superhero role that I've ever had the great opportunity to play, and I'm pretty damn grateful for that.

Q: Martin, what's the difference in filming a character like Green Lantern as opposed to a Batman or a Superman? Is there a risk involved in people not knowing the character?

Campbell: I think there's a risk involved. I think that Superman has been around a lot. Obviously, the comic has been around a long time and so have the movies. They've done a lot of Superman movies as they have with Batman. You can say that Iron Man was a second tier character and turned out very successfully. I simply think it's down to the movie itself, whether people like the movie, enjoy the movie, are involved in the movie, whether it entertains. So I think from that point of view the movie has to stand alone whether or not the superhero is second tier or first tier. I think that's irrelevant.

DeLine: I think that's correct and I also think it was our job to educate audiences. So we had a little bit more work to do in that regard because we're introducing something to the world that a lot of people may not be familiar with. So it's not so much in people's consciousness as something like Superman or Batman may have been. Obviously, as Martin said, they had done television series and series of films and they're fairly simple kind of mythologies and worlds, I think, to grasp. 'The Green Lantern' is quite complicated just in terms that it's a corps of 3600 characters and there's a pretty complicated mythology and the way that the ring works, powered by will. There're a lot of things that you have to wrap your head around and get into. It's a very, very big canvas which is also what made it incredibly exciting and appealing. We were just very mindful I think, also, of saying, 'If you've never heard of the Green Lantern and you've never read a comic, this will be just as thrilling and fun for you as a great ride an adventure and a story to follow as if you had done those things.'

Strong: I don't think he's a greater or lesser superhero either than Superman or Batman, but I think as was said earlier, their problems are all earthbound. So they're much easier to film and do. Obviously, 'Green Lantern' deals with space and I don't think up until now the technology has been able to catch up with the vision. So, I don't think he's a lesser character. I just think it's the way that it's been made over the years. It's much easier to make a 'Superman' or a 'Batman' than a 'Green Lantern'.
Full Transcript here :

http://www.superherohype.com/feature...ess-conference

Semper Fooey
I don't recall Hal Jordan being a witty, carefree guy in the comic books as Ryan claims.

Movie Forums Extra
GL has a 24% on rotten tomatoes. I'm nervous it's going to suck.

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
I was seriously disappointed by this. I am a Ryan Reynolds fan and Blake Lively certainly isn't hard on the eyes. Though I didn't have any previous experience with Green Lantern I had some expectations for this only to be disappointed. If this was supposed to be DC's launch of their new films (i.e. Marvel starting out with Iron Man), then they failed miserably. Honestly, this film had a lot of potential and the script was just atrocious. This was the movie that they really should have focused on doing right, but sadly they did not. I know there is a lot of hope for Superman, so it'll be interesting to see how they move forward. Anyone else have a bad experience with this?

Maybe i'm being lenient on my ratings at the moment but this one wasn't the disaster I expected. The script stunk, sure, characters aren't developed and thrown in and out carelessly. But it moves at a brisk pace under Campbell's steady hand and Reynolds has the charm to hold most films, this included. The iffy aliens and planet from the trailers aren't in it enough to really damage the overall film. It's not fantastic but it's watchable.