Happy Birthday Gummo (gummy girl)

Tools    

I don't think it looks bad.... a lot of the chicks around here have "chunky" highlights that are not even.... Have you tried parting it on the side to see how it looks?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
LOL! I don't see all these problems you're describing. It looks a little lighter on one side in the middle pic, but no big thing. Go, make it perfection, though. And you look terriffic!

Well I'll get jason to take a better picture of my head when he gets home from work. I can only raise my arms so high lol.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
happy belated, you!

Well I'm gonna go buy another bottle of dye and see if I can fix it. When my hair is down and blowin in the wind, the top layer is very blond. I'll try and fix the highlights but I may need to dye the whole thing again and make it one colour. We'll see what happens...

Thanks for the bday wishes thmilin!!!!

Put me in your pocket...
Well I'm gonna go buy another bottle of dye and see if I can fix it. When my hair is down and blowin in the wind, the top layer is very blond. I'll try and fix the highlights but I may need to dye the whole thing again and make it one colour. We'll see what happens...
I think your hair looks fine in the photos. I've seen women spend alot of money to get that look.

Before you dye your hair again though, you might want to consider talking to a hair colorist at a salon and ask if its safe to re-dye so soon after a highlighting. I think that there's something about the chemical processes of the two that you need to be careful with.

Relax though, you look stylish.

I think your hair looks fine in the photos. I've seen women spend alot of money to get that look.

Before you dye your hair again though, you might want to consider talking to a hair colorist at a salon and ask if its safe to re-dye so soon after a highlighting. I think that there's something about the chemical processes of the two that you need to be careful with.

Relax though, you look stylish.
I think what the problem is is that it is too blond in the front. I bought a bottle of dye today. I'll try and dye just the front of my hair and a few of the blond strands on the right side. If it doesn't turn out then I will just apply it to all the blond. In the past I have bleached my hair and dyed it, didn't like the look of the dye and re-dyed it , that was all done in 3 days...My hair was fine after all that abuse so I think I should be okay this time as well. If something does happen though I'm not afraid to shave my head lol, I've sported that look many times. hehehe

Here's me at 18 with a bald head:

The People's Republic of Clogher
A Sinéad O'Connor fan, or just nits?

Happy birthday dearie!

A Sinéad O'Connor fan, or just nits?

Happy birthday dearie!
lol I shaved my head that time because I was feeling angry (teenage rebellion).

Another time was because I was having a bad hair day...so I guess I was angry that time as well.
And the last time was to raise money for cancer research. I haven't shaved my head since I was 21 though. lol

Here we go, I fixed my hair.

And here is the painting: Jason's mom asked everyone to bring a piece of art that represents how we connect with the world around us. Well I have been cycling a lot this summer and found a beautiful place down by the water, under a tree. I visit this spot at least 3 times a week to watch nature around me. I watch the sun hit the water, the geese, ducks and gulls live peacefully together as friends. There are frogs and turtles and fish that jump really high out of the water. It is so beautiful there, I only wish everyone could experience such peace. So I decided to paint a sort of abstract painting of what I see while laying on my back under the tree looking up at the bit of sky I see between the branches.

(I took the picture in a couple different settings because it is nighttime here and the lighting is pretty bad.)

That is some good work. Do you dare to share the one that you swear didn't turn out right?
I see that you did your hair again. Both ways work. If you lived closer, I would highlight you. I do everything to mine. I have for over 20 years. I aim to perm mine tomorrow. Well, within the next few days sounds more realistic.

MovieForums Extra
Sorry I'm so late but two things........Happy Belated Birthday and your hair looks great. But then I thought it looked good when you didn't. I pay big bucks to get mine done at a salon after trying to do it myself a couple of times. I wish I had your guts kiddo.

Here's to many many many more birthdays!!

Thanks Birdy! Before this dye job I got it done professionally. It just costs me way too much to do it everytime. But I've been doing it myself since I was 15; even cutting my own hair! Last time when I got it done at the salon it was a gift from my boyfriend, so this was something out of the ordinary for me. But if I had the money I would get it done.