Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Hate that and it happens far too often.
We have one right now neither one of us can understand. Is it my prescription that is ready or his? All I can decipher is the word “pharmacy”. The voice mail sounds like a tiny squeaky mouse left it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
pancakes.
and waking up earlier than the alarm, usually due to work texting, billing notifications, or just randomly waking up. I don't care if it's just a 10-minute gap. That missing sleep really irks me on principle.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

pancakes.
and waking up earlier than the alarm, usually due to work texting, billing notifications, or just randomly waking up. I don't care if it's just a 10-minute gap. That missing sleep really irks me on principle.
Work texting someone in his home & not in the office may be subject to fines one day in the near future. Work hours will be defined clearly & one’s boss is not allowed to call, etc. when the workday is over.

Work texting someone in his home & not in the office may be subject to fines one day in the near future. Work hours will be defined clearly & one’s boss is not allowed to call, etc. when the workday is over.
Would be nice!

People (especially medical offices) who leave voice mails in a very fast mumbled voice. Drives me nuts listening multiple times & then I don’t always get the full number.

How do old people cope with this? Answering machines do let one slow down the voice mail, but then the caller sounds like a zombie.

Dealing with doctor's offices, social security, and medicare was my mom's full time job near the end of her life. I tried to help, but I didn't have much patience for that after work.

This thing.

Our office cat, Pilly (Pilar).

Besides the fact that she's not a nice cat (we have a sign up warning people not to touch her because she scratches and bites), she's LOUD. I felt bad for her last year because she didn't really have any toys. So I bought her some mice and a couple other things, which she has since made me regret doing. Every afternoon and every evening she'll take one of her mice and wander around the clinic with it while screaming her fool little head off.

This thing.

Besides the fact that she's not a nice cat (we have a sign up warning people not to touch her because she scratches and bites), she's LOUD. I felt bad for her last year because she didn't really have any toys. So I bought her some mice and a couple other things, which she has since made me regret doing. Every afternoon and every evening she'll take one of her mice and wander around the clinic with it while screaming her fool little head off.
Had a cat once. A Siamese one. They are the most easy trainable cats. Also quite smart.
Seen this woman lately. Has a youtube channel. She uses a clicker to train cats. A clicker and treats of course.
However a cat is not a dog, but it can be trained eventually

I have to ask. Why is there an office cat? Especially one which doesn't interact well with people?

I have to ask. Why is there an office cat? Especially one which doesn't interact well with people?
Someone dumped her in a box outside our door a few years ago and my boss refuses to find her a home. There have even been a few employees and at least one client that have (for reasons that baffle me) really liked her and offered to adopt her, but he said no.

It's pretty common for vet clinics to have an office cat, but most vets have the sense to have a friendly one.

Dealing with doctor's offices, social security, and medicare was my mom's full time job near the end of her life. I tried to help, but I didn't have much patience for that after work.
I don’t know how old people navigate these things. I really don’t.

This thing.

Awwww, that’s so nice of your office. Never had a vet who had an office pet. I would like it.

Good question.

Someone dumped her in a box outside our door a few years ago and my boss refuses to find her a home. There have even been a few employees and at least one client that have (for reasons that baffle me) really liked her and offered to adopt her, but he said no.

It's pretty common for vet clinics to have an office cat, but most vets have the sense to have a friendly one.
It’s nice of your boss IMO.

Kids and their germs.

I swear every time my brother and his family come to visit they bring some sort of disease with them. They just visited for a few days (left Saturday) and the last couple of days they were here the kids were snotty and coughing.

Guess who has a sore throat and a cough now?
Fingers crossed it's not Covid again.

I call kids 'germ carrying devices'. Whenever they catch a cold the cold germs take over their little brains and forces them to spread the germs by coughing 'kid manner' which spreads the germs far and wide.

kids ARE germs.
A local vet that has long since closed used to have an office kitty. Scared me the first time I met it, thinking it had escaped a kennel and would dart out the door at the next opportunity. Nope. That cat was just so laid back and would explore every chair, greeting each person as they sat down.

I was just leaving my flat at 8am this morning and there's this crazy looking woman in a trench coat walking towards me, she says "hallelujah" and some bunch of other shit that I didn't catch and as I walk past I say "whatever" and she says "shut up" 🤣

I was just leaving my flat at 8am this morning and there's this crazy looking woman in a trench coat walking towards me, she says "hallelujah" and some bunch of other shit that I didn't catch and as I walk past I say "whatever" and she says "shut up" 🤣
She told you!