Things that annoy you...

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Robo calls are becoming a huge nuisance now especially when they know something is up for renewal. When husband’s Geico insurance was up for renewal we must have gotten a dozen calls a day offering him an alternative. How do they know a policy is due for renewal? As soon as he renewed with Geico the calls stopped.

My problem now is I expect calls from people I need to talk to, but 99% of the time I answer it’s some nonsensical call. But I have to answer the phone in case it’s a call I’m waiting for. Surely the government or somebody can fix this problem? I feel my house phone has been hijacked by these predatory people.

I know how you feel. I get robocalls several times a day. I've stopped answering the phone, but they just leave voicemail messages. It's gotten so bad that I usually wait until the end of the day to clear my voicemail so I can clear all the messages at the same time.

Good link.

I mean, I could get caller I.D. This would help.
Caller ID doesn't always help. Some of them spoof legit phone numbers so it looks like they're coming from real people or businesses. I get several "Walmart" calls every week.

What about on your mobile phone, can you block robo calls with that?
You can block specific phone numbers on cell phones, but these calls use fake phone numbers so they keep changing the number with every call. Verizon now has a way to recognize some of these calls, and the caller ID shows as "Potential Spam", but it doesn't block the phone from ringing. It just lets you know not to answer the call.

Two iPads. I’m not a phone person. Email is my preferred choice of communication & everyone knows this.
I'm not a phone person either. Email is my first choice, but I also prefer texting over phone calls.

#first_world_problems
Maybe, but lunch is important.

Walking home from church yesterday me & my friend see a nice pit bill off leash. Caught our attention because we were on a very very busy road. Then the owner turns up walking a bit behind the dog. Suddenly this pittie sees another dog on the meridian on this busy road & dashes into traffic (which we knew would happen). Luckily the pittie didn’t collide with a car, but … his owner, a black gentleman, starts beating on his dog. Because even though the dog is unleashed he ran across the street! So this guy (who, it turns out, had a leash with him) continues beating on his dog. I was so pissed! I yelled across the street to tell this neanderthal to stop and, of course, he went bat****. “Nosy white people, white privilege”, etc., etc. My friend begged me to leave it, but I couldn’t. The guy was so angry we didn’t know what he would do so we walked away to the background of his “white privilege” remarks.

Ruined my day. I can’t abide animal cruelty. The sad thing is & my friend agreed is that he probably took his pittie home & beat him some more. I said a few prayers as I walked along for our Lord to take care of this very nice dog.

waking up in the morning -.-
What happens to me a lot is that I visit the bathroom & become convinced I have 3 hours more to sleep. When I get back into bed, turns out I have 5 minutes left & the alarm blares out. Awful.

What happens to me a lot is that I visit the bathroom & become convinced I have 3 hours more to sleep. When I get back into bed, turns out I have 5 minutes left & the alarm blares out. Awful.
omg ughhh hated that aswell when i have work im like really i dont want to get up

Ditto. That is the worst and seems the most common.

However, I do like the reverse when it (rarely) happens: you get up to go to the bathroom thinking it must be just before sunrise, you even ask yourself if you should bother going back to bed knowing you'll have to endure the torture of the alarm going off the minute you fall back to sleep, then you return to bed to see you only slept a couple hours and you still have a few more coming to you!

Ditto. That is the worst and seems the most common.

However, I do like the reverse when it (rarely) happens: you get up to go to the bathroom thinking it must be just before sunrise, you even ask yourself if you should bother going back to bed knowing you'll have to endure the torture of the alarm going off the minute you fall back to sleep, then you return to bed to see you only slept a couple hours and you still have a few more coming to you!
That does very occasionally happen to me. Then I have another problem: since I am awake I can hear every breath & snuffle my husband is making. Then I can no longer sleep in that room & have to move to the spare bedroom dragging my pillow & my huge comforter with me. Plus my slippers & my iPad, which has my alarm.

I'm annoyed by people who lie and set me up. A colleague of mine set me up at work not long ago. It was not pleasant... Disappointed in this person, as it was also my close friend with whom we made many plans...

I like Guy Fawkes night and fireworks but setting fireworks off at 2.30 in the morning is just selfish, **** off ****s.

Selfish & tacky. As a kid we probably had the biggest yard so lots of kids came to our bonfire. IIRC, it didn’t go on for more than maybe a couple of hours (?) & definitely not in the middle of the bloody night!

No sign of federal check, as yet, but we’re getting there.
Six months after mailing fed tax return we both get an IRS letter today telling us they’re reviewing our information. If we don’t hear from them within 60 days we should call …

Unbelievable!

Cannot believe India includes this photo in an advertisement on Twitter for the purpose of tourism. How dense & thick they are. Even in 2021 they still abuse baby elephants & crush their spirit so that they will do whatever their owners want.

Unbelievable. Wouldn’t go there even if you paid me.