Constantine

Tools    

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/constantine/

For anyone whose read the Anne Rice book Memnoch the Devil ull realize this is pretty much on the same tangent with some differences. Keneau Reeves and Rachel Weisz are in this movie as well. Keaneau plays some sort of demon elminator, Rachels role is still sort of a mystery, anyway in my opinion it'll be really good or really bad.

I didnt know that, thanx for the heads up, btw it comes out in Feburary 2005. Also Constantine is a guy who lives between heaven and hell.

Constantine is going to be and awesome film and is the most anticipated film I've been waiting to see.

I missed this thread earlier but saw the trailer for Constantine last night and thought it looked a little interesting…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I think it's an interesting premise, but am leaning towards the movie sucking Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

A system of cells interlinked
Pretty sure this is a comic book film, taken from the pages of Hellblazer (DC comics), and has no Anne Rice ties at all....

looks decent...

I believe I've heard the same thing Sedai... though I wouldn't have been able to name the comic book to save my life.

history *is* moralizing
thanx Sedai!
all those poor people that are gonna watch the movie without the minimal clue where that character actually comes from! ..., nor where his first appearance was, so many years ago (that was in Swamp Thing, Moore's chef d'oeuvre!!)...
ah, the youths!!

so, tis not too late:

http://www.qusoor.com/hellblazer/introduction.htm

http://tripoint.users.netlink.co.uk/hellblaz/comics.htm

COMICS are a great artistic medium/art
so it's time you discover something and learn not to consider 'em a dumbo thing for kiddies!!

Check out these 2 international trailers for Constantine with footage not shown here in the U.S. trailers (I believe). They are sweet!!!

I was so awestruck.....I didn't even mind that the trailers were spoken in German.

Click here.

history *is* moralizing
great links, Jrs, thanx!
yep, in Europe, we'll see the version with Raquel naked. hehehee, i'm so glad i finally didn't become American!!!!!

In the Beginning...
My only beef so far is the casting choice of Keanu Reeves. He's done supernatural thrillers like this before (which, I guess, means he has some degree of experience), but I don't think he's right for the role. John Constantine is a pretty distinct character - he's shady, clever, and very British. Reeves might be able to pull off some aspects of the character, but I expect that there will be some significant changes. Plus, Reeves will inevitably bring with him a "heroic" quality, after his spotlight roles in The Matrix films - a quality that is quite arguably absent from John Constantine.

If it were up to me, I would have casted James Marsters of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame (hey, he's a great young actor with all the right qualities) or Simon Pegg, who played the lead in Shaun of the Dead (there is more acting talent there than anyone knows).

A system of cells interlinked
I would have been happier with a no-name, or perhaps the wonderful Christian Bale in this role, but I guess he was busy with Batman Begins. While watching Equilibrium, I found myself wishing Bale had played Neo, as he is a real acting talent.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Sleezy

If it were up to me, I would have casted James Marsters of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame (hey, he's a great young actor with all the right qualities) or Simon Pegg, who played the lead in Shaun of the Dead (there is more acting talent there than anyone knows).
I agree with you on both counts, and not just because James Marsters is my favourite actor. I was actually surprised to learn he isn't British. Very convincing accent he has there. and I am glad to have found someone else who sees the quality of acting by Simon Pegg in Shaun of the Dead. Honestly, that man can convey more with just a small facial expression than like HALF of the people who've won oscars with their over emotive acting styles....(okay, I can't be the only one who notices that oscars always go to the actor who's "acting really hard" over a better but understated performance...COME ON, Sean Penn in Mystic River was good, sure, but Bill Murray in Lost in Translation managed to impress me more playing an emotionally dead character than Penn did with all his screaming fits and histrionics...really!)

But I digress. NO, Keanu Reeves does not strike me as the right choice for John Constantine, but I am willing to give the movie a chance, because he HAS gotten a LOT better as an actor since, say Bram Stokers Dracula, where his part was actually minimized by Francis Ford Coppola out of frustration that Keanu couldn't keep his accent for more than a few minutes. He was pretty awesome in The Gift, however, and in the first Matrix.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Someone Save Us College Kids
I love the comic series and I have giant poster in my room! So as a fan I will be looking forward to this flick.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
NO, Keanu Reeves does not strike me as the right choice for John Constantine, but I am willing to give the movie a chance, (...) He was pretty awesome in The Gift, however, and in the first Matrix.
yep, we agree on that.
especially because for whom has read (and been a fan) of the comic for quite a few years now, Constantine and the character's charisma are much more important than in less character-based comics like X-Men, etc., where one has so many other characters to like if there are a coupla them they don't.
so, i fear a little
1) the effect (always so bad!) of an American trying too too too hard to fake an British accent
2) i guess Harrison Ford in Blade Runner or Mickey Rourke in Year of the Dragon correspond somewhat more to the image readers have of Constantine. okay, now they would be too old. but age, detective-like/slightly dirty looks... i imagine Keanu a lil bit too handsome too. plus Constantine originally is a redhead.

but all this doesn't mean the movie cannot be good, just the main character may not be so satisfying for fans of the original comic...

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
1) the effect (always so bad!) of an American trying too too too hard to fake an British accent

I read they changed his nationality to American because Keanu said his British accent sucked....