Who Likes Westerns?

Tools    

I've been a massive fan of westerns for years; I like them almost as much as sci-fi films. I'm just wondering if anyone else shares my passion for this dying genre.

My Top 10

1. Once Upon a Time In The West
2. The Searchers
3. The Outlaw Josey Wales
4. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
5. Unforgiven
6. True Grit (Original)
7. A Fistful of Dollars
8. Pale Rider
9. High Plains Drifter
10. Open Range

I generally don't but I want to so I've been forcing myself to watch more. Started to find a few classics which have made me appreciate the genre more. My top 10 at the moment:

1. Johnny Guitar - Nicholas Ray
2. Django Unchained - Quentin Tarantino
3. The Ox-Bow Incident - William A Wellman
4. The Wild Bunch - Sam Peckinpah
5. The Gunfughter - Henry King
6. El Topo - Alejandro Jodorowsky
7. Rango - Gore Verbinski
8. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre - John Huston
9. Meek's Cutoff - Kelly Reichardt
10. McCabe & Mrs Miller - Robert Altman

I like them quite a bit.

Unforgiven, Wyatt Earp, Young Guns, McCave & Mrs. Miller, True Grit (remake), Django Unchained, Appaloosa, and Open Range come to mind quick. Greatest Western of all time is Lonesome Dove. I know it's a mini-series but has to be mentioned.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Spaghetti westerns > 'murican westerns
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I like westerns, I grew up on them because my father loved John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. I can think of a few that are favorites of mine.

Dances With Wolves
3:10 to Yuma (I guess this was a remake?)
A Fistful of Dollars
True Grit (I like both, but prefer the Jeff Bridges one, it's closer to the novel)
Tombstone (greatest western ever)
Silverado
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The Wild Bunch

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The People's Republic of Clogher
I like westerns, I grew up on them because my father loved John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.
Same. And I grew up with Bonanza, The High Chaparral and Champion the Wonder Horse.

EDIT - These weren't new shows when I was a kid, I'm not that old.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Same. And I grew up with Bonanza, The High Chaparral and Champion the Wonder Horse.

EDIT - These weren't new shows when I was a kid, I'm not that old.
Gotcha beat. In our house, it was always, which one is better? Bonanza or Gunsmoke?

And every day after school, I would watch The Virginian. One of the first stories I ever wrote was an episode of The Virginian with Trampas as the main character (he was a supporting character on the show).

On Sundays, my Dad (divorced) would pick me up and we'd go to the movies. We always saw whatever western was out and ALL John Wayne movies.

I love westerns.

I love Once Upon a Time in the West (even wrote a college paper), The Searchers, Red River, 3:10 to Yuma (the remake with Russell Crowe), Open Range, Unforgiven, Who Shot Liberty Valance?, The Magnificent Seven and probably some others.

Dances With Wolves is my second favorite film of all time.

Westerns are wonderful -- they explore the desire for civilization and companionship. I think they are lot like apocalyptic stories in that they study society.

What's the definition of a spaghetti western?
Westerns made by Italians. And as we all know, Italians are the most stylish of filmmakers.

I used to like some westerns when I was younger.. not so much as an adult.. but one I do enjoy is

The Salvation

A film I highly recommend.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Let us all think why you enjoy it....

We really don't know...

And the picture doesn't help at all... ;P

Spaghetti westerns suck pasta.
American westerns suck. There's no need to add what they suck.

Anyone ever watched Heaven's Gate?

I've been curious about it since I've read it was such a box office bust, it created the modern trend of studios sticking to "safe" summer blockbusters instead of letting directors have free reign.