Bad/annoying characters in otherwise good movies

Tools    

For me the go to for this is Beetlejuice in Beetlejuice, I can't stand the character and every moment he's on screen makes me want to stop watching but the rest of the characters and the world are damn near perfect so I can push through his scenes. Luckily for me despite the film being named after him he's more of an antagonist and therefore isn't in the movie enough to cancel out the good.
I felt Keaton carried the whole movie, tbh. Without him, it would've made far less of an impact on me. Easily the most charismatic and quotable character in the whole film.

The truth is in here
I love Temple Of Doom. But the only reason it's not my favorite Indiana Jones film is because of Willie.

To give some small credit, Capshaw doesn't play her badly and manages to sneak in a few funny reactions such as when she's being served monkey brains. But her romantic chemistry with Indy is non-existent and proves to be distracting more than anything else. Short Round for the win.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Monkey brains is the scene of my childhood. I need to rewatch the original Indie trilogy but I just have no time! Too many unseen movies, still.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I have to agree regarding Tarantino....he was terrible in Pulp Fiction

To be fair, he knows his coffee.

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

I noticed a few days ago when I was re-watching the 2006 musical Dreamgirls that, even though her rendition of "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" still brings tears to my eyes, just about every non-musical moment the Effie White character has onscreen made me want to strangle her...she was a spoiled, entitled diva who wanted everything her own way and really didn't give a damn about anyone but herself.

I keep coming back to this thread because I'm sure there are so many more that will cross my mind and here's a few more:

Ron Carlisle (Dabney Coleman) in Tootsie

Andy (Michael J Pollard) and Chuck (John Kapelos) in Roxanne

Paul (John Heard) in Big

Roz (Elizabeth Wilson) in Nine to Five

Miranda Hillard (Sally Field) in Mrs. Doubtfire

Omar (F Murray Abraham) in Scarface

Patty DiMarco (Sarah Silverman) in School of Rock

Directors who appear in their own movies, ugh! Not counting Hitch's 1 second cameos.

Often true... but I loved Sydney Pollack in Tootsie!

Dwayne T. Robinson (LAPD Deputy Chief) and the 2 FBI agents in 'Die Hard.' The film is a classic and arguably the greatest action flick of all-time but those 3 characters are so annoying and dumb.

Monkey brains is the scene of my childhood. I need to rewatch the original Indie trilogy but I just have no time! Too many unseen movies, still.
I think the opening scene of that movie is great. After that, not so much. Raiders didn't need a sequel. Gondor has no sequel! Gondor needs no sequel!

Aaron Taylor-Johnson in The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Having watched this semi recently I agree he sticks out like a sore thumb. Not a complete train wreck but just meh.

Back to the Future (1985)

I have a lot of trouble getting into this movie for one simple reason: Marty's dad is the worst. It's not actor Crispin Glover's fault, but I can find absolutely nothing worthwhile about George McFly as a character.

Kill Bill vol 2 (2004)

Not only did Tarantino have a white actor play the hispanic character Esteban Vihaio, but the movie's one portrayal of a hispanic character is a pimp that permanently disfigured women with knives. Pointless character, horribly cruel to defenseless women, and played by a white actor. A perfect storm of horrible choices by Tarantino.