Did 'Avatar' end 5 minuted too soon???

Tools    

At the end of James Cameron's 'Avatar' (Dances With Wolves II; Now Featuring Blue Indians), the humans are shown evacuating Pandora after being defeated by the 'Blue Aliens', leaving the 'unobtanium', which was previously stated to be "essential" to the survival of man, locked within the planet...

Since 'unobtanium' is "essential" to the survival of mankind, it's unlikely that Selfridge would simply leave the planet, effectively dooming humanity.

Instead, isn't it far more likely that he is simply getting the humans off the planet so that he can order his fleet of spaceships to execute an exterminatus, something the strictly-terrestrial 'Blue Aliens' would be completely defenseless against, allowing him to return once Pandora's biomass had burned off and mine the unobtanium completely unmolested by 'Blue Aliens'???

Humans are already forced to use breathing apparatuses in Pandora's toxic atmosphere, so it's not as though they'd be any worse off in an atmosphere consisting of the gasses released from the incineration of the planet's biomass...

Had Avatar run for another five minutes, audiences would have likely witnessed a glorious human victory over the 'Blue Aliens' and the Human Traitors fighting by their side. That victory would have resembled something like this;

With their destruction, the 'Blue Aliens' and the human-traitors who aided them, would rapidly be forgotten as humanity enters it's next 'Golden Age', with a second planet to terraform and settle, and an unlimited supply of energy from unobtanium...
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force. ~Ayn Rand

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis!!! Si vis pacem, para bellum!!!

Master of My Domain
No, it ended about 150 minutes too late.

@Citizen Rules,

Whenever it's "Them or us", I always choose US...

I think Avatar 2 will answer these questions tbh... however, I think Cameron will make it that "Vietnam Wins" so-to-speak.

Avatar is an extension of Aliens if I can sort of carry on Cameron's train of thought.

Low-tech defeating a higher-tech enemy...
Avatar 2 will be interesting as long as he keeps it original and doesn't bock it all up.

Hey look who's back, it's General Genocide.
And wouldn't the destruction of an Alien species be a xenocide, not a "genocide"...

"Genocide" has such a negative connotation...'xenocide' on the other hand, is little different from 'insecticide'...

Xenocide kinda like...

... Cameron's Xenomorph.
Which (in Cameron's 'Alien' franchise) can be killed without moral repercussions

Welcome to the human race...
In fairness, we don't know if a) the humans even have a technology capable of wiping out Pandora's native population or b) they do have something like it but using it would render the unobtainium useless. Considering how the first approach to acquiring the unobtainium was to set up the already-expensive and time-consuming Avatar program, it's fair to assume that nuking the planet from orbit is either impossible or impractical.