23rd MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

12th Place

The Night of Counting the Years
(Al-mummia)
(Chadi Abdel Salam, 1969)
Nominated By: @jiraffejustin
(1 second place, 1 fourth, 1 fifth, 2 sixth, 3 eleventh, 2 twelfth, 2 thirteenth, 2 fourteenth)

Al-mummia was my number 6, though I think that was more a reflection of what I thought of the movies behind it than what I actually thought of it.

Checking in....I appreciated both Yellow Submarine and The Mummy. I didn't love them, but both were cool noms and worth watching.

I had them at:
9 The Fisher King
10 Yellow Submarine

11th Place

The Reflecting Skin
(Philip Ridley, 1990)
Nominated By: @pahaK
(1 first place, 1 seventh, 3 eighth, 3 ninth, 3 eleventh, 1 twelfth, 1 thirteenth, 1 fourteenth)

The Reflecting Skin was my number 9. There were things that I liked about it, but I hated pretty much all of the characters.

10th Place

The Great Mouse Detective
(Ron Clements, Burny Mattinson, David Michener, and John Musker, 1986)
Nominated By: @rauldc14
(1 fifth place, 1 sixth, 2 seventh, 2 eighth, 4 tenth, 1 eleventh, 2 twelfth, 1 fourteenth)

I should like this movie. I like the Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies quite a bit and I love Sherlock the television show. I also love rodents and animation. So a Disney animated Sherlock Holmes movie with mice should be right up my alley, but I've watched it twice and really didn't like it either time. I had it at 12.

I had a bad video quality of The Great Mouse Detective and to make things worse I couldn't understand some of the accents and no sub titles. I'm not a fan of post 1970 Disney anyway. It was my #14 vote...but that doesn't mean I hated it, it was OK, but nothing to special for me.

9th Place

Gangs of New York
(Martin Scorsese, 2002)
Nominated By: @neiba
(1 third place, 1 fourth, 1 fifth, 2 sixth, 1 eighth, 1 ninth, 1 tenth, 2 eleventh, 1 twelfth, 1 thirteenth, 2 fourteenth)