How much do you pay for your ticket at the movie theater?

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
I pay $4.50 for a ticket, how much do you guys pay?
In Sweden it is too expensive. Here it's like, in dollars, about $11-$12. It sucks.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
In Sweden it is too expensive. Here it's like, in dollars, about $11-$12. It sucks.
Thats alot, I wouldn't go to the movies as much as I do if I paid that much.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Thats alot, I wouldn't go to the movies as much as I do if I paid that much.
Well, I am not going very often really. For $4.50 I would go several times a week!

Ready!Set!Go!...Er..Actio n!
Matinee is 5.50, Night is 8.50, but I usually go for free at the theater my friend works at. He's a manager.

Also we have events, such as tomorrows Cans Film Festival in which food doantions to the local food bank get you a movie.

I must become Caligari..!
Well, If i got to a G, PG or M i can get in for 9.50 AU, but if i go to a MA, i have to show my ID and pay 10.50, this is because i look so young when i dont have to show my ID they think i am younger than 15, But when i show my ID to see a MA they see i am not.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

All day AUS$14.00

Lets put a smile on that block
The prices suck over here too. Most of the big multiplex cinema places do tickets for £6.00 and popcorn and drinks for like £3-£4 each! Really makes me mad. I have found with good research and correct usage of student discounts that ODEON CINEMA's are the cheapest (and do the nicest popcorn) with prices at £4.00 for a ticket.

I pay £9.99 a month and can go as much as I want, although not more than 4 times in one day!!!

Where I live in Australia we pay any where from $12 to $14, in american dollors that is about $6 to $7.

Same as Hondo.........we are only 30 minutes away from each other and might catch a flick together.....................but I dont have to show ID...............I just flash my..........Student Concession Card...............and get in for $10.50..........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

Originally Posted by nialls
I pay £9.99 a month and can go as much as I want, although not more than 4 times in one day!!!
****, that sounds too good to be true! I wish it was like that here in Sweden.

Depending on which theater I go to, I pay from $6.50 to $10.50... although there is one theater not too far from where I work that lets me in for free unless it is a movie they can't give passes for (LOTR, Matrix, AOTC, etc.)

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I generally pay anywhere from $4 to $8. But there's a theater about 20 minutes away that has $.75 Tuesdays! its awesome.

Here in Darkest Florida, we grownups generally pay $5 to $4.50 -- altho there is a theater about 45 mins away that shows 5-6 month olds stuff for $2 during the day. Only who can go to the flicks during the day?
;-O

Love & kisses,
Jozie

Hey Jozie - where in Florida do you live?

. . . and I want my critic status back!

Jozie
(no kisses. sulking)

I think most of the theaters around here are somewhere between $8 and $9 for non-matinees, and around half that for shows before 6:00pm. The theaters in Manhattan are still only at $10, though few have any matinee discounted prices, so it's ten bucks no matter when you go.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Nikki
Same as Hondo.........we are only 30 minutes away from each other and might catch a flick together.....................but I dont have to show ID...............I just flash my..........Student Concession Card...............and get in for $10.50..........
Hondo is a Perthite also