2.0 - Tamil Language Movie

Tools    

Superhero sequel to the 2010 movie Enthiran.
Only been out a week, and is already one of the most profitable movies in Indian cinema.

Ratings are between 70% and 80%... and the visual effects have been praised, with some reviewers calling them good enough to stand against even the most expensive Hollywood movies.

Gonna tag @ashdoc on this one. He might be interested.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Enthiran was freakin' crazy feel good craziness!

Will watch this one, too!!!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Enthiran was freakin' crazy feel good craziness!

Will watch this one, too!!!

But.... but.... its mainstream!

But.... but.... its mainstream!
Elitist's paradox:

First you watch obscure films to appear elitist and well-versed in less-known cinema, and also to separate yourself from all the mainstream normies.

However, after some time you notice more and more people doing this, so watching obscurity is no longer perceived as something elite. How to appear elitist again? By watching mainstream, of course!

Of course, the mainstream you watch needs to have a certain flavour to it, so don't cream over the newest Nolan, or Marvel film, or you will be mocked by elitists. You have to find something that is mainstream, but also hip, and cool to like. An Indian box office hit is a perfect guilty pleasure (but don't treat it like that, guilty pleasures are for normies) with cheesy songs, atrociously amazing special effects, and badassity.

By watching both obscure and mainstream films, you show that you are not a narrow-minded film poser, and that you can appreciate the more entertainment-based films, too. You make all the normies see that there is much more to cinema than just a couple of popular films, but you also show posers that watching only hardcore art films is no longer cool.

And thus the circle closes. Congratulations, you just became a well-rounded cinemaphile!

Seriousness time: Who cares if it's mainstream. It's fun!

Weird is relative.
Elitist's paradox:

First you watch obscure films to appear elitist and well-versed in less-known cinema, and also to separate yourself from all the mainstream normies.

However, after some time you notice more and more people doing this, so watching obscurity is no longer perceived as something elite. How to appear elitist again? By watching mainstream, of course!

Of course, the mainstream you watch needs to have a certain flavour to it, so don't cream over the newest Nolan, or Marvel film, or you will be mocked by elitists. You have to find something that is mainstream, but also hip, and cool to like. An Indian box office hit is a perfect guilty pleasure (but don't treat it like that, guilty pleasures are for normies) with cheesy songs, atrociously amazing special effects, and badassity.

By watching both obscure and mainstream films, you show that you are not a narrow-minded film poser, and that you can appreciate the more entertainment-based films, too. You make all the normies see that there is much more to cinema than just a couple of popular films, but you also show posers that watching only hardcore art films is no longer cool.

And thus the circle closes. Congratulations, you just became a well-rounded cinemaphile!

Seriousness time: Who cares if it's mainstream. It's fun!
That's like my entire philosophy right there. ILY.

(Or maybe I just think it's good to be open-minded...)

Weird is relative.
You can't love somebody and ignore his kinky PMs!
I know, I'm sorry... I'm terrible at maintaining contact online. I'd rather hang out with people in person. (Though these days I hardly ever do that as well.) I've kind of become a committed hermit/hikikomori. It's sad.

I've kind of become a committed hermit/hikikomori.
I've been living like this for the past 5 years. I highly recommend this style of living!