Creed 2

Tools    

https://movieweb.com/creed-2-dolph-l...raining-video/

"It looks like a rematch more than three decades in the making is starting to really heat up. Sylvester Stallone has been teasing the return of Ivan Drago for Creed 2 over the last month or so and it is all but formally confirmed that Dolph Lundgren is going to be back. Now, the actor has shared a new video on Instagram that teases his training to get back in shape for his upcoming return to the Rocky franchise.

Dolph Lundgren is currently filming Aquaman, but he is still finding time to hit the gym and get back into proper Ivan Drago shape. The character first appeared in Rocky IV, which is generally considered to be one of the best movies in the franchise. Again, it seems like everyone involved is being a little cagey, despite their not-so-subtle social media activity, and they are hoping to make some big, formal announcement at some point. As teased in his caption for the video, Lundgren is getting ready for something big.

So yeah, not so subtle, but this is something that should excite Rocky fans. We still haven't been treated to exactly how Ivan Drago is going to factor into the Creed sequel, but Sylvester Stallone did recently say that he is going to throw at least one punch in Drago's direction. That is more than enough to justify bringing him into the fold. It may not be in the ring, but a Balboa vs. Drago rematch looks to be on the horizon. It's just a matter of when, which is unknown currently.
"

I'm a HUGE Rocky fan, and as a Rocky fan, I found Creed to be an okay movie, not great as critics claimed it to be. The one thing I loved most about Creed was Stallone's heart-wrenching Oscar-nominated performance (I still believe he was unjustly robbed of that Oscar win) as the ailing Rocky Balboa.

The news of Creed II is not surprising, considering the first made tons of money. The return of Drago should be exciting, especially for fans of the cheesy but adrenaline-infused and nostalgic Rocky IV. How Adonis will react to the Russian, who killed his father Apollo in the ring, will be anybody's guess, but it sure will make for a deeply emotional encounter and overall sequel.

I look forward to it!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I think I will watch Creed tonight! I've never seen it but heard decent things. And if Stallone is directing Creed II that has Drago, and he's bringing that universe in a bit more, then I am ALL FOR IT! I don't care how tonally different it will obviously be (or maybe not?), I'm still excited..

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Not particularly happy about this. I think part of what made Creed so great was that, while it did feel like a Rocky film in some theoretical sense, it also had this outsider vision that contributed to the aesthetic sensibility of the film. It felt different but also similar -- it was a great 'sequel' in that sense. Also, part of me thinks that if Stallone has too much of a hand in the creative process of Creed II, Rocky will no longer appear as vulnerable and as fragile as he did in the first film.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
This only works if we get a throwback to some R4 one-liners.

Lundgren will have to himself in shape though if he's to come back.

One thing I've noticed though is Rocky 6 and Creed, were more realistic when it came to the fights... will it work bringing Drago back into it?
I mean, the Drago fights were brutal, but they were OTT.

With Drago back...
A more realistic fight, might not work with the character and without the OTT shotgun sound edited over each punch, it also might not work.

The cartoony nature of Rocky 4, just isn't in line with modern cinema.

Like I needed a reason to re-watch the greatest Rocky movie.

In the name of science!

Was that the one with the washed-up rassler' or the van-driving tuff guy who was scurred of planes?

If he dies, he dies. Guessing Creed will be the one saying that lol.
Oh wait, guessing it will be Drago's son against creed on this one

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Apparently MMA fighter Sage Northcutt sent Stallone an audition tape in hopes to possibly play Drago's son

This might just do nobody any good.
Any truth to the rumor that Brigitte Nielsen is playing Mom Drago?

Any truth to the rumor that Brigitte Nielsen is playing Mom Drago?
Yes, she's back in the sequel as Ludmilla Drago.
Here is a photo taken on the set. She is even rocking the same hairdo and wearing that same white suit she wore in Rocky IV.

Also returning is Milo Ventimiglia as Rocky Jr.