Favorite Movie Quotes?

Tools    

From Airplane:

Randy: "There's trouble in the cockpit."

Ted: "The cockpit? What is it?"

Randy: "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilots sit, but that's not important right now."

From Apocalypse Now - Colonel Kurtz: I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us

Brimming with rififi!
One of my favorites is the derisive, and contemptuous, rant that Howard Beale (Peter Finch) delivers near the end of Network.

This quote rock !

"Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown." Popular for a reason.

"YOU'RE A HOOKER!!!"

I Wanna Be Loved By You
I love movie quotes... Some of my favorite ones

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." - Rhett Butler

Gone with the Wind (1939)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"I’ll just sit here and be quiet, just in case they do… suspect me. They’re probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I’m not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching… they’ll see. They’ll see and they’ll know, and they’ll say: Why, she wouldn’t even harm a fly…" - Norman Bates

Psycho (1960)

“Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.” - Alex

A Clockwork Orange (1971)

"Wendy? Darling? Light, of my life. I’m not gonna hurt ya. You didn’t let me finish my sentence. I said, I’m not gonna hurt ya. I’m just going to bash your brains in." - Jack Torrance

The Shining (1980)

“What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?” - Tommy DeVito

Goodfellas (1990)

"Are you in pictures?" - Barton Fink

Barton Fink (1991)

"Are you gonna bark all day little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?" - Mr. Blonde

Reservoir Dogs (1992)

"Alice: I do love you and you know there is something very important we need to do as soon as possible.

Bill: What’s that?

Alice: F*ck."

Eyes Wide Shut (1999)

“I like to dissect girls. Did you know I’m utterly insane?” - Patrick Bateman

American Psycho (2000)

JulesKay.

i trust people but not the demon tha live inside them
the italian job!!!!

What knot did you tie, BORDEN!!!?
They Live:

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Well, Greatest Movie Quote : When you have to shoot, shoot shoot don't talk from "The good, the bad and the ugly".

Both from Waynes World:

Wayne Campbell: Hey, Tiny, who's playing today?
Tiny: Jolly Green Giants and the ****** Beetles.
Wayne Campbell: ****** Beetles? Are they any good?
Tiny: They suck.
Wayne Campbell: Then it's not just a clever name.

Wayne Campbell: If it's a severed head I am going to be very upset

It's like, "How much more black could this be?" And the answer is none. None more black.
Took me a minute to figure out what this was from...This is Spinal Tap...awesome quote.

"We must make an idol of our fear, and call it God."

- The Seventh Seal

Lord High Filmquisitor
I have both of these monologs memorized and bust them out for special occassions.

I might have posted this before, but this is my favorite quote:

"Minister: Everything is more complicated than you think. You only see a tenth of what is true. There are a million little strings attached to every choice you make; you can destroy your life every time you choose. But maybe you won't know for twenty years. And you may never ever trace it to its source. And you only get one chance to play it out. Just try and figure out your own divorce. And they say there is no fate, but there is: it's what you create. And even though the world goes on for eons and eons, you are only here for a fraction of a fraction of a second. Most of your time is spent being dead or not yet born. But while alive, you wait in vain, wasting years, for a phone call or a letter or a look from someone or something to make it all right. And it never comes or it seems to but it doesn't really. And so you spend your time in vague regret or vaguer hope that something good will come along. Something to make you feel connected, something to make you feel whole, something to make you feel loved. And the truth is I feel so angry, and the truth is I feel so ****ing sad, and the truth is I've felt so ****ing hurt for so ****ing long and for just as long I've been pretending I'm OK, just to get along, just for, I don't know why, maybe because no one wants to hear about my misery, because they have their own. Well, **** everybody. Amen."

- "Synecdoche, New York", (2008)

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
I might have posted this before, but this is my favorite quote:

"Minister: Everything is more complicated than you think. You only see a tenth of what is true. There are a million little strings attached to every choice you make; you can destroy your life every time you choose. But maybe you won't know for twenty years. And you may never ever trace it to its source. And you only get one chance to play it out. Just try and figure out your own divorce. And they say there is no fate, but there is: it's what you create. And even though the world goes on for eons and eons, you are only here for a fraction of a fraction of a second. Most of your time is spent being dead or not yet born. But while alive, you wait in vain, wasting years, for a phone call or a letter or a look from someone or something to make it all right. And it never comes or it seems to but it doesn't really. And so you spend your time in vague regret or vaguer hope that something good will come along. Something to make you feel connected, something to make you feel whole, something to make you feel loved. And the truth is I feel so angry, and the truth is I feel so ****ing sad, and the truth is I've felt so ****ing hurt for so ****ing long and for just as long I've been pretending I'm OK, just to get along, just for, I don't know why, maybe because no one wants to hear about my misery, because they have their own. Well, **** everybody. Amen."

- "Synecdoche, New York", (2008)
My answer to that quote is:

Hannah and Her Sisters by Woody Allen (1986)