Top 30 Robbie Williams Songs

Tools    

19. Freedom
(1996)

Robbie's first single following his controversial departure from the boyband Take That. It is a cover of the George Michael classic and managed to reach No 2 on the UK charts. It is meant to symbolize his 'freedom' following his exit from Take That.

18. Old Before I Die
(Life thru a Lens, 1997)

A solid track from his debut album. The purpose of this song was to rid Robbie of his goody good Take That image and establish himself as a successful solo artist.

The video for Robbie Williams - Freedom isn't working in the U.S.

Here's a U.S. link:

Thanks. I'm trying to edit the links to work Internationally but it doesn't seem to be working.

17. Radio
(Greatest Hits, 2004)

This catchy, Rock DJ-esque song was released along with his Greatest Hits album in 2004. It was Robbie's last UK no 1 hit until 'Candy' in 2012.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Thanks. I'm trying to edit the links to work Internationally but it doesn't seem to be working.

It may be a double-edged problem. The same way that your links don't work here in the U.S., the U.S. links may not work in your country. You might want to just include both links in the post with a note saying which link is for the U.S.

17. Radio
(Greatest Hits, 2004)

This catchy, Rock DJ-esque song was released along with his Greatest Hits album in 2004. It was Robbie's last UK no 1 hit until 'Candy' in 2012.

Here's a U.S. link for "Robbie Williams - Radio":

16. The Road to Mandalay
(Sing When You're Winning, 2000)

This is a gem lying at the bottom of the 'Sing When You're Winning' tracklist. It was written in conjunction with the single 'Eternity' (which will feature later in the list) and describes the friendships made and good times had when Robbie took a break from touring in 2001.

It may be a double-edged problem. The same way that your links don't work here in the U.S., the U.S. links may not work in your country. You might want to just include both links in the post with a note saying which link is for the U.S.
Your links work fine for me. I think I'll steer clear of vevo videos from now on. Maybe that will fix it.

Your links work fine for me. I think I'll steer clear of vevo videos from now on. Maybe that will fix it.

Yeah, it's possible that Vevo is the problem because those videos are from the artist's page. Hopefully other videos will work worldwide.

15. She's Madonna
(Rudebox, 2006)

A largely overlooked single from the album 'Rudebox'. Released in 2007, this was Robbie's last single before he entered a self-imposed exile following the failure of 'Rudebox'. In my opinion, this is a great song but I'm not a fan of the music video.

14. Candy
(Take the Crown, 2012)

The newest song on this list, 'Candy' was a breath of fresh air for Robbie as it reminded us of his pop music prime of '98, '99 and 2000. It's everything you want in a pop song. It's catchy, It's upbeat, and It gets stuck in your head, which is what made it so successful.

Please forgive the subtitles in the video. I'm trying to avoid Vevo videos so that users in America and view these videos.

13. Sexed Up
(Escapology, 2002)

Yet another single from the career-defining 'Escapology'. Originally recorded in 1998 as a B-side to 'No Regrets', this song was re-recorded and released in late 2003 as the last single of Robbie's 5th studio album. Basically, It's a breakup song. Also, the music video features Jaime King so check it out if you want to (I did not embed it here because I am avoiding Vevo videos).

12. Supreme

It's fair to say that 'Sing When You're Winning' is well represented in this list (and don't worry, there's more to come. This song was yet another successful single for Robbie and made the Top 10 in the UK, Switzerland, Austria and other countries. The song was re-recorded with a swing tone in 2013 and titled 'Swing Supreme' for Robbie's 10th album, 'Swing Both Ways'.

Good list, so far!
Robbie is no rock star. He's purely a pop musician. But Old Before I Die is one of the coolest rock songs of the 90's in my opinion.

She's Madonna is a good one! He actually wrote it about Guy Ritchie when he dumped his wife for the Queen of Pop herself Madonna, hence the title.

12. Supreme

It's fair to say that 'Sing When You're Winning' is well represented in this list (and don't worry, there's more to come. This song was yet another successful single for Robbie and made the Top 10 in the UK, Switzerland, Austria and other countries. The song was re-recorded with a swing tone in 2013 and titled 'Swing Supreme' for Robbie's 10th album, 'Swing Both Ways'.
If I ever make a top songs list for Robbie, this one would be in my Top 5. Brilliant tune.

11. Tripping
(Intensive Care, 2005)

The first single from the 2005 album, 'Intensive Care'. Robbie has stated that rolling rhythm of this song was influenced by the early work of The Clash. The high notes that Robbie is able to hit in this song is pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

Also, there is a music video for this song so please check it out if you like the song.

Good list, so far!
Robbie is no rock star. He's purely a pop musician. But Old Before I Die is one of the coolest rock songs of the 90's in my opinion.

She's Madonna is a good one! He actually wrote it about Guy Ritchie when he dumped his wife for the Queen of Pop herself Madonna, hence the title.
Yeah, I've always been very fond of the track, even though many people (even fans) ignore it largely because it was part of the 'failed' Rudebox album.

If I ever make a top songs list for Robbie, this one would be in my Top 5. Brilliant tune.
I would be very interested to see how you rank his songs and your reasoning behind it.

10. Bodies
(Reality Killed the Video Star, 2009)

I swear I could listen to this track all day! The tune is gripping and really hooks you in, treating you to a massive chorus reminiscent of 'Angels' or 'Let Me Entertain You'. This song was Robbie's comeback single following his exile and it managed to peak at No 2 on the UK charts in late 2009. Just don't try to make sense of the lyrics because even Robbie himself has said that it's just "gibberish".

You may also notice this is not the full music video. Apologies for that (I'm trying to avoid Vevo for accessibility reasons).