Broke my wrist!!!

Tools    

Have you always lived in Pittsburgh? I’ve been a single time to Philly, but nowhere else in PA. (We had a country house one mile from the border with Stalker, PA for many years, but we never crossed that border for some reason.)

I would imagine the history of Pittsburgh is very interesting.
Yup, lived in Pittsburgh my whole life, albeit all over the area. I like it, it's a nice place to live. Winters are cold but tolerable. We also have a lot of overcast, rainy days. But on the flip side the summer's are moderate and the cost of living is incredibly low, for a variety of reasons.

It has a lot of history and lot of personality, for sure.

Yup, lived in Pittsburgh my whole life, albeit all over the area. I like it, it's a nice place to live. Winters are cold but tolerable. We also have a lot of overcast, rainy days. But on the flip side the summer's are moderate and the cost of living is incredibly low, for a variety of reasons.

It has a lot of history and lot of personality, for sure.

Did you or @Austruck feel that explosion that happened recently? I read about it on r/pennsylvania.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Have you always lived in Pittsburgh? I’ve been a single time to Philly, but nowhere else in PA. (We had a country house one mile from the border with Stalker, PA for many years, but we never crossed that border for some reason.)

I would imagine the history of Pittsburgh is very interesting.
You really can't judge Pittsburgh by Philadelphia. The two cities are vastly different. I tend to think Pittsburgh's the better of the two. (Grew up about an hour north of Philly in Easton, then came out here to Pittsburgh for college and never left.)

Did you or @Austruck feel that explosion that happened recently? I read about it on r/pennsylvania.
It was about 13 miles from where I live here in Beaver County, PA. Yoda's a little farther than I am. No, I was too far to feel the explosion, but I go past the general area quite often (including yesterday). It was the third house explosion in western PA in just the past few months.

Did you ever meet Fred Rogers of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood? I grew up watching that show.
I can't remember if I met him as a kid or not, but I was around the TV station a fair bit (I basically grew up around mass media in various forms).

The best story my family as a whole has about this, though, is when my younger sister was with my Dad at the station and they were on the elevator, and Mr. Rogers just walked right on and said hello. Apparently her mouth just fell open and she stared at him until he walked off, too dumbstruck to say anything.

Every local story I've heard about him is 100% consistent with his public image, too. He was the real deal.

You really can't judge Pittsburgh by Philadelphia. The two cities are vastly different. I tend to think Pittsburgh's the better of the two. (Grew up about an hour north of Philly in Easton, then came out here to Pittsburgh for college and never left.)
Nobody’s judging.

Anyway, back to moi.

Had my second PT today. Next one is Friday.

Quite a bit of discomfort over the weekend. Something tells me this is gonna take a while.

PT lady says I can use my moist heating pad & ice, good to know.

She did something different with my hand today. Too bothersome to explain, but I like it.

No new exercises at the moment so was relieved I just have 3 at the moment.

Had coffee afterwards at Dunkin opposite the hospital & was warmly greeted by Dunkin employees I haven’t seen since Covid so that was fun.

Anyway, back to moi.

Had my second PT today. Next one is Friday.

Quite a bit of discomfort over the weekend. Something tells me this is gonna take a while.

PT lady says I can use my moist heating pad & ice, good to know.

She did something different with my hand today. Too bothersome to explain, but I like it.

No new exercises at the moment so was relieved I just have 3 at the moment.

Had coffee afterwards at Dunkin opposite the hospital & was warmly greeted by Dunkin employees I haven’t seen since Covid so that was fun.
Glad things are moving along, but it must be a little frustrating that things like this just can't be hurried and will have to take as much time as they do. (Did you pray for patience or something? Don't ever pray for patience.)

Also glad that your experience ended with something a little nicer at Dunkin. I find that little uplifting moments like that can change my attitude for the rest of the day.

Odd question: How do you know whether to use ice or heat on something like this? I remember someone saying to use ice to bring down swelling and then heat to warm up muscles and get circulation moving better. But what do I know? (Pretty much nothing.) Just curious if there really are "rules" about such things or if it's more about what feels good and helps at any given moment.

Glad things are moving along, but it must be a little frustrating that things like this just can't be hurried and will have to take as much time as they do. (Did you pray for patience or something? Don't ever pray for patience.)

Also glad that your experience ended with something a little nicer at Dunkin. I find that little uplifting moments like that can change my attitude for the rest of the day.

Odd question: How do you know whether to use ice or heat on something like this? I remember someone saying to use ice to bring down swelling and then heat to warm up muscles and get circulation moving better. But what do I know? (Pretty much nothing.) Just curious if there really are "rules" about such things or if it's more about what feels good and helps at any given moment.
I’m not a patient person.

Today was tough & your questions are on point. I would say everything got inflamed yesterday with moist heat, which I usually love. We did it in the office at my suggestion & I did it at home too. Not gonna repeat this. Icing all the way today. About 20 minutes per hour works. The iciness has gone away after 20 mins have passed.

I occasionally pull a back muscle & the only thing that works is 20 minutes of ice plus lots of moist heat. Takes time to recover (very painful), but it always works.

My hand is a mess today & it’s hard for me to believe that hurting me is gonna make me better. Felt like crying today, but didn’t. Next appt is Friday.

I’m not a patient person.

Today was tough & your questions are on point. I would say everything got inflamed yesterday with moist heat, which I usually love. We did it in the office at my suggestion & I did it at home too. Not gonna repeat this. Icing all the way today. About 20 minutes per hour works. The iciness has gone away after 20 mins have passed.

I occasionally pull a back muscle & the only thing that works is 20 minutes of ice plus lots of moist heat. Takes time to recover (very painful), but it always works.

My hand is a mess today & it’s hard for me to believe that hurting me is gonna make me better. Felt like crying today, but didn’t. Next appt is Friday.
I always consider myself a patient person... till I'm in pain or short on sleep. Then I realize that clearly I am NOT a patient person. Prayers headed your way for a quicker resolution to this whole fiasco than you are currently experiencing!

I always consider myself a patient person... till I'm in pain or short on sleep. Then I realize that clearly I am NOT a patient person. Prayers headed your way for a quicker resolution to this whole fiasco than you are currently experiencing!
Thanks. I want to ask your dear son (@Yoda) how long he did PT for his hand if he can remember.

Yes. Needs some spacing or something, I forget why, it's someone else's forum modification but it's slightly temperamental.
Not temperamental. It makes perfect sense that it would look at everything past the @ until the next space, which would have included the closing parenthesis.

Had fun at physical therapy today. Not!

Only good thing that happened was that I discovered McDonald’s for the first time in my life. (Yes, it’s true.)

Very particular about hot coffee & I never stray from Dunkin. Every one told me McCafe is great coffee but I didn’t want to visit a grimy scruffy place redolent of dead animals. So frickin cold in CT this a.m. so I braved McD to try the coffee.

Wow, so unexpected. They’ve put a ton of money into this place (it’s been there forever) & made it state-of-the-art. If I described it in a word I would say clinical. Lots of white tile & a color palette of grey & black. Lots of seating to choose from. It was almost space-age. The counterperson was very nice &, yes, the coffee was very hot & delicious.

I will return.