My Favorite Woody Harrelson Performances

Tools    

He's absolutely amazing in Out Of The Furnace (2013) which is a favorite of mine

Pepper Lewis, The Cowboy Way

For my money, a severely underrated geme on Woody's resume. Woody and Keifer Sutherland play rodeo cowboys who travel to Manhattan when a friend of theirs is kidnapped.

Billy Hoyle, White Men Can't Jump

Woody had one of his biggest hits in this box office smash playing a basketball hustler dealing with his shady new partner (Wesley Snipes) and his wife (Rose Perez) who dreams of being a contestant on Jeopardy.

Billy Hoyle, White Men Can't Jump

Woody had one of his biggest hits in this box office smash playing a basketball hustler dealing with his shady new partner (Wesley Snipes) and his wife (Rose Perez) who dreams of being a contestant on Jeopardy.

Way to low for this one, watching this one again Harrelson gave both a subtle and nuanced performance in a comedy (not easy to do) and he was believable in a sports film (incredibly difficult to do)

David Murphy, Indecent Proposal

Woody played a reluctant husband who agress to let his wife (Demi Moore) sleep with a wealthy playboy (Robert Redford) for a million dollars.

Harlan DeGroat, Out of the Furnace

Woody was quite menacing as a drug dealer who callously destroys the relationship between brothers (Christian Bale, Casey Affleck) trying to start their lives over again.

Rex, The Glass Castle

Woody did his best to keep this reprehensible character likable. He plays the shifty and lazy abusive alcoholic who has his family living as squatters in abandoned buildings instead of getting a job and supporting them properly.

Roy Munson, Kingpin

Woody was very funny as a former championship bowler whose career was cut short who finds a new prodigy (Randy Quaid) to groom for bowling success.

Mr. Bruner, The Edge of Seventeen

Woody stole every scene he had in this teen comedy as a teacher with a very special relationship with a troubled student (Hailee Steinfeld).

Willoughby, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Woody received his third Oscar nomination playing a terminally ill sheriff whose life is being turned upside down by the distraught mother (Frances McDormand) of a murdered teenager.

Everytime I see him in a movie, I'm always waiting for him to do something or say something funny like what he did in Zombieland when he tries to find Twinkies and finds out there's snowballs in the truck lol. He's a good actor though I'll admit that, I think if he wasn't in Edge of Seventeen I think the movie would of fallen apart more, the movie was alright though.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Mr. Bruner, The Edge of Seventeen

Woody stole every scene he had in this teen comedy as a teacher with a very special relationship with a troubled student (Hailee Steinfeld).

The Edge of Seventeen is the first movie on this list that I've seen, but at least it's a movie that I liked.

Captain Tony Stone, The Messenger

Woody received his second Oscar nomination playing a veteran Army officer who heads the notification unit, the officers who travel to families' homes to inform them of the death of loved ones killed in the line of duty and his breaking in of a new trainee (Ben Foster).

David Douglas Brown, Rampart

Woody was brilliant in this uncompromising character study of a veteran cop, with a questionable professional past, whose involvement in a Rodney King type incident that is captured on video, turns out to be the thread that begins unraveling his entire career.